Author Topic: Angel is absolutely...  (Read 63625 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Angel is absolutely...
« Reply #450 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »
figgs had baylor so Undy?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 22, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »
Loved Gottlieb almost having orgasms after a couple of Angel's great plays.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 22, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »
Angel was fantastic last night.  It was never more evident that he has to be the guy with the ball, than watching spradling dufrane try to get away from the sisters.  When MU turned up their on ball pressure Angel was the only one who could handle it.  Now, the question will be whether angel can handle it consistently. 

Yep. I was begging Frank to get Angel back in the game during the last 10 minutes when he sat him for a bit. Begging.

What was weird is that in the 1st half, we got what we wanted offensively.  MU really didn’t apply that much on ball pressure; I’m sure being down double digits at home with like 15 left to go probably made them more aggressive, but when MU got into our guards (even Angel to a certain extent) their defense was entirely better.  This is where their short bench affects them; they can’t play for the entire duraction because it will lead to foul trouble.  

Side note>  when the hell did we decide to push our breaks off made buckets?  Like, this year, I don’t remember ever ever pushing it that hard and getting as many easy-ish buckets in transition off opp made baskets.  Props to whomever scouted that one.  

From Kellis:

Frank Martin's plan was to run so the Wildcats could take advantage of it's depth.

"Keep running, keep running," Martin said.  "We would get it out of the net, boom, we're up the floor right back at them.  It was fun to watch."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
Loved Gottlieb almost having orgasms after a couple of Angel's great plays.

yes, he was also immediately demanding that frank put him back in the game when sprads was running point.  gottlieb is solidly #teamangel

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 22, 2012, 09:59:10 AM »
I said some angry chat words towards frank when we had the vic/sprads at PG combo in the game.  unbelievably stupid lineup.  

I was red in the face when I saw that also.  I'd rather see Diaz handling the ball than Vic (seriously).  Still unsure if he's hurt or being Frank'd  :dunno:
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »
diaz has got to be hurt.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 22, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
diaz has got to be hurt.

Was wondering the same.  Kid played a lot of PT in a four or 5 game run, then nothing the last two...

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Angel is absolutely...
« Reply #457 on: February 22, 2012, 10:10:14 AM »
This is where J-Mart was so great. We'd be like, "Hey, is Diaz hurt?" and an hour later he's made a phone call and has a blog post up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 22, 2012, 10:12:11 AM »
This is where J-Mart was so great. We'd be like, "Hey, is Diaz hurt?" and an hour later he's made a phone call and has a blog post up.

yes, and if it was a secret suspension it was a PM

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 22, 2012, 10:16:56 AM »

Are his phone and internet rough ridin' broke or something?  :dunno:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 22, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
yeah if he's back after 3 games we'll know.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 22, 2012, 10:19:07 AM »
Angel was fantastic last night.  It was never more evident that he has to be the guy with the ball, than watching spradling dufrane try to get away from the sisters.  When MU turned up their on ball pressure Angel was the only one who could handle it.  Now, the question will be whether angel can handle it consistently. 

Yep. I was begging Frank to get Angel back in the game during the last 10 minutes when he sat him for a bit. Begging.

What was weird is that in the 1st half, we got what we wanted offensively.  MU really didn’t apply that much on ball pressure; I’m sure being down double digits at home with like 15 left to go probably made them more aggressive, but when MU got into our guards (even Angel to a certain extent) their defense was entirely better.  This is where their short bench affects them; they can’t play for the entire duraction because it will lead to foul trouble.  

Side note>  when the hell did we decide to push our breaks off made buckets?  Like, this year, I don’t remember ever ever pushing it that hard and getting as many easy-ish buckets in transition off opp made baskets.  Props to whomever scouted that one.  

From Kellis:

Frank Martin's plan was to run so the Wildcats could take advantage of it's depth.

"Keep running, keep running," Martin said.  "We would get it out of the net, boom, we're up the floor right back at them.  It was fun to watch."

I missed that. Must have been sent to his Hawaii followers.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 22, 2012, 10:46:09 AM »

I really felt like we did this in Hawaii.
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 22, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »

Are his phone and internet rough ridin' broke or something?  :dunno:

Time zones, man.  Time zones.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 22, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »

I wasn't begging, I was DEMANDING!  I still have no idea why he didn't get him back in sooner.  It was clear sprads couldn't handle that pressure....I was confident Angel could make them pay....and he DID! 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 22, 2012, 01:04:15 PM »
diaz has got to be hurt.

JO is finally grabbing rebounds with authority, Samuels has stepped up since the ku game, and with Gipson playing like he did last night, there are not a lot of minutes to be had.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2012, 01:06:49 PM »
diaz has got to be hurt.

JO is finally grabbing rebounds with authority, Samuels has stepped up since the ku game, and with Gipson playing like he did last night, there are not a lot of minutes to be had.

tell that to last night steve dave who was losing his rough ridin' mind at frank/vic  :dubious:

Offline Berries and Cream

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 22, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »

Based on the latest K-State HD highlight video showing him addressing the team at the whiteboard pre-game and how involved he was throughout the game, seems like Lamont possibly? Could that be?

First delivering Upshaw, then game planning last night?

Lamont! :gocho:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 22, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »

Based on the latest K-State HD highlight video showing him addressing the team at the whiteboard pre-game and how involved he was throughout the game, seems like Lamont possibly? Could that be?

First delivering Upshaw, then game planning last night?

Lamont! :gocho:

for sure.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 25, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »
Nice free throws down the stretch, PG (and all season).   :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 25, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
Missed three out of four down the stretch. Went under the screen when Christopherson hit his last 3.

But at least he gave us something, right Doc?

eff. Sick of losing at home.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 25, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
Nice free throws down the stretch, PG (and all season).   :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:

Angel definitely lost us the game

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 25, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »

Angel definitely lost us the game

that or frank by sitting diaz

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 25, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »
Played like a little bitch under pressure.  Shrugged his shoulders after missing his last two.  JFC, real players don't  :dunno: when they eff up.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 25, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »
he didn't just play like one, he is one! c'mon frank, stop playing for the future and play for NOW.

OPERATION BENCH ANGEL