Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369917 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that animated skeleton fireball kid sequence had a very Tim the Enchanter feel

At first I thought the aliens were shooting lasers.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!   :curse:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!   :curse:

That's not a spoiler. The aliens didn't have lasers in the book.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I don't even know what is going on with Rickon.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Let me be a little more clear, I specifically want to know how you feel about Tyrion murdering his father.

I thought it was cool they did it while he was taking a crap.

The dialogue was a little sparse. I would have thought they would have a deeper moment but instead they seemed to want to make Tywin really easy to want dead.

They cut some stuff from the books that accomplishes this. I was pretty angry about it, and thought that the scenes seemed poorly done, but it seems that you guys can live with it.

I know it won't hold much water with you as someone who has experienced this story thus far from the books, but I feel sorry for you that you are able to watch this show from a cynic's perspective (at least in some respect), and not just be able to freshly and fully enjoy it for what a great show it is.

FWIW, I would probably be doing the same if I'd read the books prior.

I thought this finale was probably one of the top three episodes of the series. This is my favorite show on television. I get peeved when they alter things that I think shouldn't be altered. I get over it in short order. However, that scene, if done to it's full potential, could have won numerous awards for Dinklage, Dance and the production staff.

It's weird. I thoroughly enjoy the show. I am glad that someone took on the challenge of turning it into a television show. I realize that it is one of the best shows on television, at the moment, but I have high expectations because of the quality of the source material. Posting "good episode tonight," does not make for very good BBSing.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trivia topics that I will burn this whole place down if included:

1. HIMYM

Wrong thread. And I totally disagree!  :D

dammit  :blindfold:

i was thinking about including GoT book only topics too which may have caused the crossed wires

Pete has read the series, but there will only be like three other people in attendance who have read the series. I doubt he will do that.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He also obviously had a soft spot for young girls (no pedo)

I think that was a coincidence. I feel like he befriended the Stark girls because they were people that he could relate to, damaged individuals. It also fits with GRRM's "Not A True Knight" theme, which you may or may not be familiar with.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Pete has read the series, but there will only be like three other people in attendance who have read the series. I doubt he will do that.

There would be several upset people if one of the few book people gave spoilers to the several show people.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's the thing, it's not a good v. bad situation. It's supposed to be as close to a "real" world as possible. Everybody thinks of themselves as the good guy. If you're Cersei Lannister, all of your actions are justified. Renly, Stannis, Rob Stark, they are the bad guys from her perspective. I don't think the show accomplishes this very well, because it doesn't make for great tv. TV watchers don't want to think. They want a knight in shining armor to vanquish a terrible scourge and woo a pretty lady.

Stop being so pretentious.

:dubious:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

There would be several upset people if one of the few book people gave spoilers to the several show people.

The show has covered over 2,500 pages of written material to this point. There's plenty there.  :jerk:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
I'm sorry MH, but your beloved book series may have jumped sharks with this aliens (non-laser bearing) twist.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

The show has covered over 2,500 pages of written material to this point. There's plenty there.  :jerk:

There is obviously plenty of material available. But the books also go further than the show has at this point. I don't see it being an issue though.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm sorry MH, but your beloved book series may have jumped sharks with this aliens (non-laser bearing) twist.

That's not in the books. They developed that to circumvent spoiling, what I assume, is a later reveal for all of us. That, or they just didn't have the CGI budget to do what they really should have done.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
I think the HBO show has done an amazing job of compensating for Martin's pretty bad writing style (the dude can get super repetitive with his descriptors), and exorcised a lot of unneeded fat from the books.  I honestly haven't disagreed with a decision HBO has made yet.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think the HBO show has done an amazing job of compensating for Martin's pretty bad writing style (the dude can get super repetitive with his descriptors), and exorcised a lot of unneeded fat from the books.  I honestly haven't disagreed with a decision HBO has made yet.

I disagree with you.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
"exorcised" is an interesting choice of words there, poster chingon.  thoughts on swapping it for  "rendered" ?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
"exorcised" is an interesting choice of words there, poster chingon.  thoughts on swapping it for  "rendered" ?
I thought about it.  I also almost went with "cut away".  Maybe I was affected by watching Ghostbusters last night?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
I trim my fats, but hey we all are different people. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
i'm really glad the show hasn't mentioned boiled leather even once
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
or mismatched eyes

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
or salt beef

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
could've used a "wherever whores go" or two tho

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
and moonboy, for all I know.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
if my years of tv watching has taught me anything, it's that badass characters that you don't see die alot of times aren't dead later on.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CLAMS!