Author Topic: KU Fans Become Enraged By Titletown, Meltdown All Over The Internet  (Read 171514 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU Fans Become Enraged By Titletown, Meltdown All Over goEMAW
« Reply #825 on: May 20, 2013, 09:01:40 AM »
I'll tell you why winning the conference in football, basketball, and baseball in the same year is more important than winning a national championship in any of the 3.

Somebody wins a natty in each sport every single year. That means there's been like 400 national champions of football/bball/baseball, etc.
You know how many times a school has won all 3 in the conference in the same year? It just happened for the 3rd time ever. EVER. EVAR.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 20, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
So I got to work today and there was a crown on my desk. It wasn't anything fancy, but I pushed it to the side without thinking about it. Next thing I know my boss walks by and said "what are you doing?" Nervously I said looking up the Carter proposal and he goes "No, I mean the crown, put that on, you're king today. We got a crown for you for your triple crown. Also, lunch is on us today."  :D

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: TITLETOWN
« Reply #827 on: May 20, 2013, 09:04:16 AM »
look, ljm, everyone knows this is a football conference in a nation where college football rules the day. don't take it out in us just because you guys decided to focus on a sport that people only care about for a few weeks in the spring...and for focusing so intently on that one sport you guys have been embarrassingly futile during those only relevant weeks.  what like 2 nattys in the last 60 years? :lol: how many other schools have won more than 2 mbb nattys in that time? has to be a ton. blue blood...pffft.

and how many schools have at least ONE national title? I can easily think of one that doesn't....

I can think of WAY more that have a national title versus a Triple Crown.  How many don't have a single Triple Crown?  A few come to mind...

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 20, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »
So I got to work today and there was a crown on my desk. It wasn't anything fancy, but I pushed it to the side without thinking about it. Next thing I know my boss walks by and said "what are you doing?" Nervously I said looking up the Carter proposal and he goes "No, I mean the crown, put that on, you're king today. We got a crown for you for your triple crown. Also, lunch is on us today."  :D

I have a bad feeling about this.  I mean, the trainer is "gone", you are to just "try to look busy" for the next two weeks, and now they have you wearing a crown. 

I'm just saying, things could be building up for a huge newguy trick.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 20, 2013, 09:19:16 AM »
Grats guys must feel great to win so many conference championships.  Pretty elite stuff right there. Glad you can have this feeling right now, ride it for all it is worth.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 20, 2013, 09:22:15 AM »
Grats guys must feel great to win so many conference championships.  Pretty elite stuff right there. Glad you can have this feeling right now, ride it for all it is worth.

Cheers friend!  Congrats on Wiggins.  What a coup!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 20, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »

T-Y, grats on Women's track and BB recruiting! Great time for the state of Kansas :tsc:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 20, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »

I have a bad feeling about this.  I mean, the trainer is "gone", you are to just "try to look busy" for the next two weeks, and now they have you wearing a crown. 

I'm just saying, things could be building up for a huge newguy trick.
Oh, I know. I've thought about this too, but I'm not going to say no being so new. Also, the photo ops have been GREAT!

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 20, 2013, 09:26:07 AM »

T-Y, grats on Women's track and BB recruiting! Great time for the state of Kansas :tsc:

Yes, forgot about indoor and outdoor women's track titles.  The duo jewels in the lady track crown.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 20, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »

Yes, forgot about indoor and outdoor women's track titles.  The duo jewels in the lady track crown.

:tsc:  :dance: :dance:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 20, 2013, 09:36:14 AM »
It's kind of like KU and K-State are a big happy family where the big brother and little sister really get along and where one is really good at the boys sports and the other is really good at the girls sports and they both get lots of trophies.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 20, 2013, 09:44:41 AM »
It's kind of like KU and K-State are a big happy family where the big brother and little sister really get along and where one is really good at the boys sports and the other is really good at the girls sports and they both get lots of trophies.

Pretty shitty to minimize women's sports.  I mean, you almost act like ladies indoor track and ladies outdoor track wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Title 9.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 20, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »
I would totally let my daughter be on the KU track and field team. They sound pretty elite.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 20, 2013, 09:49:38 AM »

This is dead on.  Could not have put it any better.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:05 AM »
I would totally let my daughter be on the KU track and field team. They sound pretty elite.

This. Despite Women's T&F are really down in the B12 I think KU has some staying power.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: May 20, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »
T's and P's for CFoD and scottwildcat's daughters and there futures of alcohol and substance abuse...just saying, but  :tsc: on.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 20, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »
Ladies Tennis NCAA bound per email I just received.  I think we all know how this is going to end. 

Titletown!

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 20, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »
It was supposed to be T-S-C. Support us Hawks! :curse:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: KU Fans Become Enraged By Titletown, Meltdown All Over goEMAW
« Reply #843 on: May 20, 2013, 10:15:37 AM »
It was supposed to be T-S-C. Support us Hawks! :curse:

Yep, this seems to be a very give vs take relationship. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 20, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
So, my wife and I are hosting a 22 year old Swedish exchange student named Elsa.  At dinner last night all she wanted to talk about were the three titles, or as she likes to call them the "Tre Kronor".  Elsa did the best she could in her broken English to explain that in Sweden the three crowns on their national flag is called the "Tre Kronor" and that when the baseball team won the Big XII Title it made her feel close to home.

You hear stuff like that and you really sit back and appreciate that we live in a pretty small world and if everyone could win multiple championships in major sports to bring us all together, we'd all be a lot better off.  Usually we make Elsa do the dishes when dinner is over, but last night she got to re-watch the game on KstateHd.com.

Now that's just a heartwarming story right there, so blessed!!

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 20, 2013, 10:56:28 AM »

Yes.  The parents are always busy following each kid.  Mom goes to the track and field events on a Tuesday afternoon to watch lil sis run crazy fast and beat all the other girls to the finish line and dad goes and watches super stud son crush baseballs over the fence or throw for long touchdowns on Friday nights. 

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 20, 2013, 11:02:20 AM »

Yes.  The parents are always busy following each kid.  Mom goes to the track and field events on a Tuesday afternoon to watch lil sis run crazy fast and beat all the other girls to the finish line and dad goes and watches super stud son crush baseballs over the fence or throw for long touchdowns on Friday nights.

Yep, and some family members still like to talk about the time sis won the 6th grade chowder puff championship.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 20, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »

This. Despite Women's T&F are really down in the B12 I think KU has some staying power.

While it is easily the worst year for women's indoor track, and second worst for women's outdoor, track in big 12 history, I still think KU has the right ingredients to continue this amazing success at women's T&F.  When you have your track located in close proximity to the field of the most important sport in collegiate athletics, the glow rubs off a bit.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 20, 2013, 11:31:31 AM »

While it is easily the worst year for women's indoor track, and second worst for women's outdoor, track in big 12 history, I still think KU has the right ingredients to continue this amazing success at women's T&F.  When you have your track located in close proximity to the field of the most important sport in collegiate athletics, the glow rubs off a bit.

Oh yeah, I am not going to knock ku women's track even though several women's track power houses have left the conference and track overall in the Big 12 is way down.   Congrats to them anyway, even in a watered down period in women's track.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 20, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
Lol, JCCC asst is super butthurt.

@CoachJarris: KSU calls winning 3 big 12 titles this yr "the yr of the wildcat." KU did the same (bball,indoor track, outdoor track) and we call it 2013.