Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4713783 times)

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #10525 on: May 26, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »
yeah. time to really BID the eff out of this thing.

trade shields, holland, billy, alex, vargas and omar. let's just see how crazy we can get okay fellas.

woah woah easy big fella. we're not trading Vargas, he's on a 4 year deal. Holland is really the only other legit candidate IMO who would bring back much of value. If someone wants Billy I'd be shocked.

i don't care about getting anyone back for vargas. i just want his bad bloated contract off the books, vargas beyond this year will probably not be fun to watch. billy... just give us back a decent fungo bat and i'll do naked cartwheels up and down the plaza
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: May 26, 2014, 09:24:21 PM »
Monty just said on the telecast that Yordano's pain is on the outside of the elbow, which strongly suggests it's not the UCL (the ligament that implicates TJ surgery). That's a good sign, as he put it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: May 26, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »

trade shields, holland, billy, alex, vargas and omar. let's just see how crazy we can get okay fellas.

woah woah easy big fella. we're not trading Vargas, he's on a 4 year deal. Holland is really the only other legit candidate IMO who would bring back much of value. If someone wants Billy I'd be shocked.

i don't care about getting anyone back for vargas. i just want his bad bloated contract off the books, vargas beyond this year will probably not be fun to watch. billy... just give us back a decent fungo bat and i'll do naked cartwheels up and down the plaza

Bud 2014 is over. But there's still some pieces in place.....

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: May 26, 2014, 09:28:12 PM »
Monty just said on the telecast that Yordano's pain is on the outside of the elbow, which strongly suggests it's not the UCL (the ligament that implicates TJ surgery). That's a good sign, as he put it.
There are other ligaments besides the UCL, this is extremely worrying. 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: May 26, 2014, 09:35:18 PM »
There are other ligaments besides the UCL, this is extremely worrying.

Agree that it's worrisome, but the UCL is typically the worst news for a pitcher. Lateral pain frequently indicates tendinitis. (Not a doctor, just a googler).

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10530 on: May 26, 2014, 09:40:35 PM »

yeah. salvy and alcides and hos. that's it. relief pitchers? who gives an eff. duffy is a maybe and everyone else is down on the farm.

BID
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: May 26, 2014, 09:41:32 PM »

yeah. salvy and alcides and hos. that's it. relief pitchers? who gives an eff. duffy is a maybe and everyone else is down on the farm.

BID

Yordano can come back 2nd half of 2015 probably.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: May 26, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »

BID
Hos has pretty much zero power and overextends his leg and has been for a long time, still hasn't fixed it.  Alcides isn't really something to build around.  Salvy is pretty much our only completely solid piece imo.  We should trade Shields for prospects, draft a power bat like Jacob Gatewood, then rebuild the farm with non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) philosophies. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: May 26, 2014, 09:44:33 PM »
You guys are going to make me cry.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: May 26, 2014, 10:19:39 PM »

BID
Hos has pretty much zero power and overextends his leg and has been for a long time, still hasn't fixed it.  Alcides isn't really something to build around.  Salvy is pretty much our only completely solid piece imo.  We should trade Shields for prospects, draft a power bat like Jacob Gatewood, then rebuild the farm with non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) philosophies.

hos had pretty great power when he came up. i wanna punch whoever effed him up. like really hard. like really sock em one.

alcides is league average and affordable for a while. will take or whatever.

salvy is our best player. agreed.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: May 26, 2014, 10:20:36 PM »
Rany Jazayerli
@jazayerli
 If he wasn't a Royal, sure. But he is. So no. RT @pgrathoff I know little about the elbow, but could this be tennis elbow or bone chips?

Is there a more defeatist group of humans than die hard Royals fans?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: May 26, 2014, 10:21:13 PM »

BID

hos had pretty great power when he came up. i wanna punch whoever effed him up. like really hard. like really sock em one.

Ned ruined Hos with his game of hitting coach roulette

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: May 26, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »
every time i see hos square up to take a bunt i get really angry guys.

like being forced to watch alex smith play qb for our kansas city chiefs angry.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: May 26, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »
If the Apostle Paul had lived now he would've added "(except of course idiot Royals fans)" at the end of 1 Corinthians 15:19

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: May 26, 2014, 10:28:05 PM »

BID

Yeah, firing a pretty decent hitting coach, just to try and get one guy going was about as bad a move as I've seen. The subsequent clusterfuck has been very frustrating.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: May 26, 2014, 10:31:18 PM »
fuckity, eff, eff, you guys.  :frown:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: May 26, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »

BID

Yeah, firing a pretty decent hitting coach, just to try and get one guy going was about as bad a move as I've seen. The subsequent clusterfuck has been very frustrating.

How many hitting coaches have the Royals had in the last few seasons? Add that to a bunch of youngish players and the confused approach to hitting and lack of power still sucks, but isn't surprising.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: May 26, 2014, 10:34:02 PM »
i remember being absolutely giddy over the dayton hire. i was on campus, walking into hale when i got a phone call from a friend and heard the news. positively giddy. good lord what a disappointing dumbass failure he has been.  :frown:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: May 26, 2014, 10:35:05 PM »

Rick,

I don't think you're bad talking us, but you post might be a bit confusing to some.

Love,

Nicname

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: May 26, 2014, 10:37:27 PM »
i still think it truly starts in the minors. the organizational philosophies start there. we are free swinging suns of guns and always have been under dayton. our players probably don't truly pay for it until they get to the show and face big league pitching day in day out for 162 games. and all of the sudden, their power potential disappears because they don't ever force pitchers to throw them hittable pitches. the royals are bitb at getting themselves out.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10545 on: May 26, 2014, 10:38:17 PM »

Rick,

I don't think you're bad talking us, but you post might be a bit confusing to some.

Love,

Nicname

i wasn't. i'm #1royal with all of you. except kk who i would drown in the right field fountain at the k if given the oppy.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: May 26, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
At least we won the world series last year

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: May 26, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »

Rick,

Love,

Nicname

i wasn't. i'm #1royal with all of you. except kk who i would drown in the right field fountain at the k if given the oppy.

:lol:

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: May 26, 2014, 10:39:55 PM »
At least we won the world series last year

dayton's legacy: feeling like we won the world series that one time that we didn't have a losing record.  :excited:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: May 26, 2014, 10:40:43 PM »
i remember being absolutely giddy over the dayton hire. i was on campus, walking into hale when i got a phone call from a friend and heard the news. positively giddy. good lord what a disappointing dumbass failure he has been.  :frown:

The guy studied at the right hand of John Schuerholz in Atlanta. Obviously didn't learn a damned thing.