Author Topic: Why did Oregon cancel its series with K-State?  (Read 23881 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Why did Oregon cancel its series with K-State?
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2012, 12:05:38 PM »
Brad Edward's breakdown reaffirms.....if KSU wins out they beat out Oregon for the 2 spot. Their fans know it and so does their coach...which is why they are acting like little biyatches.

Confirmed

Offline Smarsh65

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »
Brad Edward's breakdown reaffirms.....if KSU wins out they beat out Oregon for the 2 spot. Their fans know it and so does their coach...which is why they are acting like little biyatches.

I personally believe that if Notre Dame beats Oklahoma I think that would be bad news for the #2 spot! Especially if USC then beats ND and Oregon goes on and beats USC possibly twice with a conference title game. That's a lot of what ifs but you never know in  College football!  Domes 8-1 all-time vs sooners! But that's a whole new thread

I still think the cats make it over them but it'd be interesting

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »
AOL instant messenger...well I'll be damned

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »

I personally believe that if Notre Dame beats Oklahoma I think that would be bad news for the #2 spot! Especially if USC then beats ND and Oregon goes on and beats USC possibly twice with a conference title game. That's a lot of what ifs but you never know in  College football!  Domes 8-1 all-time vs sooners! But that's a whole new thread

The odds of Notre Dame beating OU are 1000:1.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »

:cheese:

Offline HawkHater

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
It is a shame that K-State's PR department will not spin this story into something about how if Oregon had not whored themselves out to the SEC last year playing and losing to LSU at the beginning of the season, they could have had a shot at being undefeated and losing to them in the MNC game. And therefore saving the nation from that awful and unwarranted rematch.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Why did Oregon cancel its series with K-State?
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
It is a shame that K-State's PR department will not spin this story into something about how if Oregon had not whored themselves out to the SEC last year playing and losing to LSU at the beginning of the season, they could have had a shot at being undefeated and losing to them in the MNC game. And therefore saving the nation from that awful and unwarranted rematch.

Doyel is aware. I think this is coming.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »
Ducks: Knock Knock
Cats: Who's there?
Ducks: Oregon Ducks
Cats: Oregon Ducks who?
Ducks: Oregon Ducks who are are very afraid of playing the KSU Wildcats.
Cats: No reason to cry about it, we'll cancel the series if it will make you happy.

Offline HawkHater

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »

Doyel is aware. I think this is coming.

Excellent.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
it's not our fault they decided to make their conference stronger by adding the fighting buffs of colorado.  That's gotta be helping the ol' SOS.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »

Guys, if ND goes undefeated we're mumped.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »

Guys, if ND goes undefeated we're mumped.

this Saturday is their season imho. But they could still lose 2 games and go to the BCS. Just shameful.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder (Wildcat Land)

Ted, by and large our youngsters have the the intrinsic values to face any team that we deem will make our program successful by getting better every day. I want it known that Oregon approach KSU about moving their scheduled date against Kstate because Oregon wnanted to play LSU in 2011, a game they eventually lost. To be fair to all parties, it should be noted that we added a 9th conference game to our schedule rather than the traditional 8 due to conference realignment? My question to you is, why are you so adamant in being less than truthful about the fact that Oregon had as much to do about cancelling the series against my Wildcats. Best wishes, LHC Bill Snyder.

Ted Miller  (3:44 PM)

What is less than truthful? Oregon wanted to reschedule. Kansas State didn't. 8 & 9 has nothing to do with it -- pac-12 has played 9 since 2006.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »

Ted, by and large our youngsters have the the intrinsic values to face any team that we deem will make our program successful by getting better every day. I want it known that Oregon approach KSU about moving their scheduled date against Kstate because Oregon wnanted to play LSU in 2011, a game they eventually lost. To be fair to all parties, it should be noted that we added a 9th conference game to our schedule rather than the traditional 8 due to conference realignment? My question to you is, why are you so adamant in being less than truthful about the fact that Oregon had as much to do about cancelling the series against my Wildcats. Best wishes, LHC Bill Snyder.

What is less than truthful? Oregon wanted to reschedule. Kansas State didn't. 8 & 9 has nothing to do with it -- pac-12 has played 9 since 2006.
This Ted Miller guy seems like a real ass PACer.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2012, 02:59:04 PM »

Confirmed.

dari (oklahoma)

how in the world did the pac 12 get so much tv money for adding two terrible teams in utah and colorado?

Ted Miller  (3:55 PM)

three words: Ted Freaking Miller... 

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »
Ted's wife (Vegas)
How did you get so handsome?

Ted Miller 
The love of Kansas State fans... it's transformative.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:18 PM »

Yeah, he's been towing the line that people saying "we added a 9th conference game" means that we think we need more cupcakes on the schedule, not the actual truth that by adding a 9th conference games meant we had 13 regular season games scheduled and had to drop one. 

He also keeps ignoring the fact that even if KSU did agree with Oregon to reschedule the series, they still wouldn't have played this year anyway because it would have to have been pushed further back to be able to be rescheduled.  For some reason he thinks Oregon asking KSU to push it back, but it getting cancelled instead, is somehow the reason Oregon's non-con sucks eventhough KSU wouldn't be on their schedule this year anyway.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:22:10 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline StanimalKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »
Oregon cancelled the series because their chrome/graphite/charcoal/porcelain uniforms Nike made for the home & home against KSU weren't finished yet.

I assumed this was common knowledge?  :dunno:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
The Ed is going to have a controversial stance on this tonight.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2012, 04:20:56 PM »
Oregon mumped themselves because they wanted to improve their non-con. And chip kelly lied about it. End of story.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »
Oregon mumped themselves because they wanted to improve their non-con. And chip kelly lied about it. End of story.

Can you call into the Ed Show tonight?  7:00 west, 10:00 east, no idea what time in egypt, not available in mexico.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »
Hmm. That's 4 am. Is it okay if I'm really drunk and angry at Jimmy Carter and maybe conflating those emotions with the weird ass goat slaying holiday in Egypt this weekend?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
Hmm. That's 4 am. Is it okay if I'm really drunk and angry at Jimmy Carter and maybe conflating those emotions with the weird ass goat slaying holiday in Egypt this weekend?

Do they need more goats? I could prolly convert some meat goats into slaying goats on the fly.  :kstategrad:

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »

He also keeps ignoring the fact that even if KSU did agree with Oregon to reschedule the series, they still wouldn't have played this year anyway because it would have to have been pushed further back to be able to be rescheduled.  For some reason he thinks Oregon asking KSU to push it back, but it getting cancelled instead, is somehow the reason Oregon's non-con sucks eventhough KSU wouldn't be on their schedule this year anyway.

This is the funny part. We play those shitheads from Auburn in 2014. We already had our schedule for 2012 set. We already had our schedule 2013 set. We were not going to move already scheduled games. The earliest this game could have even been rescheduled to was 2015-16 for our end.

Oregon already had Michigan St. scheduled for 2014 and 2015 then added aTm for 2016, 2017.

This game wasnt going to get played till 2018-19 at the earliest. Its no wonder both AD's were like F-it lets just shake hands and move on.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »

Sounds ideal.  Plus, it only starts at 4 am.  It'll probably be going at least until 5.