Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 234257 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1451 on: August 25, 2014, 09:27:18 PM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:06 AM »

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:35 AM »
I loved how they didn't warn you that there was going to be sexy time talk before they played it. Would have ruined the moment for me.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 26, 2014, 08:36:28 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/darren-wilsons-first-job-was-on-a-troubled-police-force-disbanded-by-authorities/2014/08/23/1ac796f0-2a45-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html?wpmk=MK0000203
what a smear piece

I think its important that a police force is made up of officers who live within the community in which they serve.

I also believe that a police department that was disbanded for disproportionately and over aggressively targeting minorities - who had working for it an officer that has then then since been in an incident in which the suggestion of minority targeting has again been raised is relevant to any story that's come since then.

What is it then, specifically, in the article that leads you to believe its a "smear job" purposefully designed by the washington post writer and its editors?

Dorian Johnson was wanted for other theft crimes.
Dorian Johnson has lied to police before.
Dorian Johnson has made false police reports before.
Since we know that both had no respect for the law, they are guilty of assaulting the cop since they have a track record of repeatedly breaking the law.

Or

Maybe the actions of related individuals don't have a bearing on this case and we shouldn't convict people based on their prior associations. Its an absurd thing to bring up when Wilson doesn't have a negative police record (that I've seen to this point).  If he was part of a small group of officers who were fired that would be an issue.  If Wilson had a history of specific complaints that would be an issue.  But since none of this directly relates to Wilson and his conduct its just as absurd to bring up as the criminal history of Johnson or anyone else from Brown's circle of friends.

I think they are both pretty relevant to this case.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 26, 2014, 10:16:10 AM »
Yeah. Somebody is effing with CNN there.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 26, 2014, 10:58:46 AM »
I loved how they didn't warn you that there was going to be sexy time talk before they played it. Would have ruined the moment for me.

Completely ignoring it in the discussion of the audio afterwards was great too.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 26, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »

Completely ignoring it in the discussion of the audio afterwards was great too.

#acting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 26, 2014, 04:06:39 PM »
Yeah. Somebody is effing with CNN there.

Did CNN find that plane yet?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 26, 2014, 04:55:56 PM »
For some reason this story hasn't made it out of Salt Lake. Unarmed 20 year old is shot dead by police. No mention of the race of the cop.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58304981-78/police-taylor-lake-salt.html.csp

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 26, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »
For some reason this story hasn't made it out of Salt Lake. Unarmed 20 year old is shot dead by police. No mention of the race of the cop.

oh no another suicide by cop
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article1287028.html
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 26, 2014, 05:00:37 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 26, 2014, 05:20:44 PM »
I'm going to get all foxnews-y for a second.....are we going to talk about stuff like this?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734860/Ex-Marine-left-brain-injury-pal-told-Waffle-House-wasn-t-safe-following-Ferguson-case-attacked-mob-20-people-parking-lot.html

Wow, not a hate crime?!

Nope. Keep looking for an article that gives you that confirmation bias you're so desperate for

"This does not appear to be a hate crime," he said in the press release. "We are investigating this as an aggravated assault. It's very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt."

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.ssf/2014/08/report_of_black_mob_beating_wh.html

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 26, 2014, 05:38:08 PM »
I'm going to get all foxnews-y for a second.....are we going to talk about stuff like this?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734860/Ex-Marine-left-brain-injury-pal-told-Waffle-House-wasn-t-safe-following-Ferguson-case-attacked-mob-20-people-parking-lot.html

Wow, not a hate crime?!

Nope. Keep looking for an article that gives you that confirmation bias you're so desperate for

"This does not appear to be a hate crime," he said in the press release. "We are investigating this as an aggravated assault. It's very early in this investigation but thus far the evidence and statements suggest that a verbal altercation turned physical and somebody got hurt."

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.ssf/2014/08/report_of_black_mob_beating_wh.html

You didn't read the Daily Mail article?

He said a black man waved him over outside the restaurant and told him politely that people were upset by the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and it wasn't a safe place for whites.

On the way to Weems' house, Knighten said, they went into a Huddle House restaurant with a nearly vacant parking lot.

However, he said, they apparently had been followed by a group of more than 20 black men.

Knighten, who said he had served with the Air Force in Afghanistan, said he came out of the restroom to find Weems surrounded.

'I was trying to defuse the situation,' he said.

After some shoving, he said, the security guard told everyone to leave.

Knighten said some people blocked him from leaving with Weems.

When he got out, he said, Weems was down and people were kicking him.

Knighten said others attacked him, adding 'I do remember racial slurs being yelled from the crowd.'

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 26, 2014, 05:44:44 PM »
It's tough being a white male in America.  I've been dealing with these issues my entire life.  :cry:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 26, 2014, 05:59:06 PM »

of course there was no mention of race, everyone in Utah is white.

But yeah, police are killing to many kids.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: August 26, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »
happened nearby too. if you google 'shot by police' a ton of stuff comes up.

http://www.kansas.com/news/state/article1286215.html

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 26, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »

Uh oh.

Mr. Taylor wasn’t black — he’s been described as white and Hispanic — and the officer who shot him Aug. 11 outside a 7-Eleven in South Salt Lake wasn’t white.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/25/critics-see-racial-double-standard-in-coverage-of-/#ixzz3BXjf47V9

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 26, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »

Uh oh.

Mr. Taylor wasn’t black — he’s been described as white and Hispanic — and the officer who shot him Aug. 11 outside a 7-Eleven in South Salt Lake wasn’t white.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/25/critics-see-racial-double-standard-in-coverage-of-/#ixzz3BXjf47V9

Uh oh! :surprised:

Also:

Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Burbank said at an Aug. 19 press conference that the officer, whom he described as “not a white officer,” was wearing a body camera. He said the video would be released after the investigation into the shooting had been completed.

I hope they throw the book at this not white person. It seems like a relatively competent police force compared to Furgeson/StL County.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 26, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »
I'd complain about a double-standard in the media when it comes to allegations of racism, but why bother? There's a lot of libtards out there that don't believe black against white prejudice meets the definition of "racism." Whatever, arguing that point is futile.

This whole thread has become a nauseating bitchfest about perceived racism. I think it's a pretty safe assumption that sometimes black people are unfairly targeted/treated by cops. I also think a legitimate argument can be made that whites and black alike place less value on black lives. But in this particular case, none of this results in a dead teenager if that teenage doesn't behave like a thug and attack a cop. That's the part Brown had control over - his own conduct.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 26, 2014, 10:54:37 PM »
I'd complain about a double-standard in the media when it comes to allegations of racism, but why bother? There's a lot of libtards out there that don't believe black against white prejudice meets the definition of "racism." Whatever, arguing that point is futile.

way to take the high road