Author Topic: Potuzak  (Read 50013 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Potuzak
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2010, 07:39:16 AM »
I like Alex Potuzak because he's a better basketball player than Wally Judge.  I think it's kind of a cool underdog story how a 6-11 walk on from bumb eff Kansas can have more confident post moves than a 5 star McDonalds All-American.  That, and the fact that he looks like a marionette running up and down the court.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2010, 08:31:07 AM »
I like Alex Potuzak because he's a better basketball player than Wally Judge.  I think it's kind of a cool underdog story how a 6-11 walk on from bumb eff Kansas can have more confident post moves than a 5 star McDonalds All-American.  That, and the fact that he looks like a marionette running up and down the court.

oh jesus christ   :facepalm:

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2010, 09:21:17 AM »
I like Alex Potuzak because he's a better basketball player than Wally Judge.  I think it's kind of a cool underdog story how a 6-11 walk on from bumb eff Kansas can have more confident post moves than a 5 star McDonalds All-American.  That, and the fact that he looks like a marionette running up and down the court

I definitely wouldn't say he's better than Wally Judge but I think Pota has a long ways to mature.  Only then can we see his full potential.  This is the reason I believe he should have chosen to redshirt this year.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2010, 09:22:26 AM »
this thread kicks all sorts of ass

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »
Fun would be against what goEMAW is about, which is being Debbie Downers.

Are you the guy I PI'd at the 24-hour diner in KC at like 4 in the morning after the duke game?

Assuming PI'd means 'permanently intoxicated' then, no.  I don't drink.  And I didn't go to a diner after the Duke game.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2010, 09:27:38 AM »

Are you the guy I PI'd at the 24-hour diner in KC at like 4 in the morning after the duke game?

Assuming PI'd means 'permanently intoxicated' then, no.  I don't drink.  And I didn't go to a diner after the Duke game.

Why the hell would you assume that?

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2010, 09:29:57 AM »

Urban Dictionary.  Care to explain what it means?

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »
Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2010, 09:36:11 AM »
I don't hate potu, he's done nothing to hurt the ksu cats.  I just hate our fans for not getting behind devon who has a much better story and much more storied path to becoming a walkon at ksu.  those tards don't even notice when he check in.  :frown:

he needs his last name on the back of the jersey for the gpc crowd.

Yeah, our whole team (minus 2 players) looks alike to those guys.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:28 AM »

Not really, dumbass.

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »

Assuming PI'd means 'permanently intoxicated' then, no.  I don't drink.  And I didn't go to a diner after the Duke game.

Urban Dictionary.  Care to explain what it means?

Not really, dumbass.

I apologize for not understanding message board lingo.   :dunno:

edit: typo

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »
number5 is number1 in my book

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
number5 is number1 in my book

Maybe in your book of dumbasses?

:lol:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »
Then go play at the Y, idiot.

Uh, there's no "Y" when you go to a 1A school.

And I do play at the Rec and also plan on playing intramural ball.

Hey, good for you. I hope you enjoy that. Being completely serious.

Well, hey guys. Back to hating the eff out of Pota...

If you hate Alex then you're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). He's a walkon who rarely even plays one minute. If he played a lot, enough to eff up a lot, then there might be reason to hate him.

People cheer for him because he's a big underdog. His whiteness is just part of that (a small part, I think), since white people are perceived as being bad at basketball. He's a gangly, white, nerdy-looking, uncoordinated-looking, freshman walkon from Kansas. It's a perfect storm of underdog-ness. Of course people are going to cheer.

Just as a thought experiment, imagine Alex were black, but still a gangly, nerdy, uncoordinated freshman walkon from Kansas. I think he still gets big cheers. Maybe a smidge less. Just a smidge.

Why would I want to cheer for an underdog? I am a KSU CAT HOOPS fan.  :cool:

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54:13 AM »

Not really, dumbass.

mittons basically explaining what PI means, without actually explaining what it means.  :lol:

Clifford Dave

« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54:26 AM »
Then go play at the Y, idiot.

Uh, there's no "Y" when you go to a 1A school.

And I do play at the Rec and also plan on playing intramural ball.

Hey, good for you. I hope you enjoy that. Being completely serious.

Well, hey guys. Back to hating the eff out of Pota...

If you hate Alex then you're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). He's a walkon who rarely even plays one minute. If he played a lot, enough to eff up a lot, then there might be reason to hate him.

People cheer for him because he's a big underdog. His whiteness is just part of that (a small part, I think), since white people are perceived as being bad at basketball. He's a gangly, white, nerdy-looking, uncoordinated-looking, freshman walkon from Kansas. It's a perfect storm of underdog-ness. Of course people are going to cheer.

Just as a thought experiment, imagine Alex were black, but still a gangly, nerdy, uncoordinated freshman walkon from Kansas. I think he still gets big cheers. Maybe a smidge less. Just a smidge.

Why would I want to cheer for an underdog? I am a KSU CAT HOOPS fan.  :cool:
:opcat: :opcat:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »

well PI fatality makes a lot of sense.

Also, i think there may be more posters here from Clifton-Clyde than people think.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »

Also, i think there may be more posters here from Clifton-Clyde than people think.

Well to my knowledge, there is now two.  Royals and me.  None other than that, that I know of.  And royal's just showed up now.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »

:facepalm:  To the marionette or the "better than Wally Judge" part?   :ck:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2010, 10:51:08 AM »

you make the call, fella.

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2010, 10:54:25 AM »

This is a serious question? :facepalm:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »

Well to my knowledge, there is now two.  Royals and me.  None other than that, that I know of.  And royal's just showed up now.

:users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2010, 11:20:33 AM »

This is a serious thread, right?

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »
I only stood up and cheer twice during the entire game.  The first time was when A-Pot scored and the second was when DPete made his free throw.  The rest of the game was pretty   :ck:

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2010, 11:56:36 AM »

This is a serious thread, right?

I mean, we are talking about OK_Cat here.  Pota's biggest hater.