Author Topic: Potuzak  (Read 50655 times)

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Potuzak
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2010, 10:29:23 PM »
team was just as into it as the crowd.  or at least, really into it.

Same reason I was the fan favorite when I played in high school.  I was by far the worst player on the team (played on Pota's team) and to see me score was a very rare thing.  I got less minutes than Alex did and rightly so.  When I scored my first points, it was a very big deal to the crowd and to my team.  They were jumping up and going crazy.

Less minutes compared to what he's getting now, rather than in HS, of course.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2010, 10:36:48 PM »

Same reason I was the fan favorite when I played in high school.  I was by far the worst player on the team (played on Pota's team) and to see me score was a very rare thing.  I got less minutes than Alex did and rightly so.  When I scored my first points, it was a very big deal to the crowd and to my team.  They were jumping up and going crazy.

You must really, really suck if you were the worst player on a 1-A high school team.

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2010, 10:37:32 PM »

You must really, really suck if you were the worst player on a 1-A high school team.

Yup, I'm absolutely a disgrace to the game of basketball but I love playing it.  And, really, that's all that matters.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2010, 10:38:51 PM »

Rudy played one play.  That's all.  And they made a movie about him.  He will live forever.

You've stolen that dream from Potuzak.  

Are you happy?

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »
Then go play at the Y, idiot.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2010, 10:44:34 PM »
WGAF?

:ck:

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »

Uh, there's no "Y" when you go to a 1A school.

And I do play at the Rec and also plan on playing intramural ball.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2010, 10:48:17 PM »
WGAF?

You posted this on the fourth page of the thread?

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »
WGAF?

You posted this on the fourth page of the thread?

Pretty sure he was reacting to the guy who called me an idiot for disgracing the team and not playing at the Y instead of HS.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2010, 10:51:01 PM »

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2010, 10:51:29 PM »

I guess I just don't see the point in being the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) slow guy who brings the whole team down because he sucks so bad.

Why does KK love you so much?  :horrorsurprise:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2010, 10:53:54 PM »

Hey, good for you. I hope you enjoy that. Being completely serious.

Well, hey guys. Back to hating the eff out of Pota...

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »
Hey number5, I'm an A-Pot fan. :adios: :emawkid:

Offline number5

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »

I guess I just don't see the point in being the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) slow guy who brings the whole team down because he sucks so bad.

I like to play basketball, I really wasn't any good.  By my senior year, I was a better than most of the Freshmen.  I know, I was bad.

I didn't bring the team down when we were struggling for players.  We only had about 12 people for Varsity and JV so at least I helped to fill up practices.  Even then, I only got about 2 minutes of game time every 2-3 games (varsity games).   I played decent defense and hustled.  I was just horrible at handling the ball and making passes.  

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2010, 10:59:36 PM »

I like to play basketball, I really wasn't any good.  By my senior year, I was a better than most of the Freshmen.  I know, I was bad.

I didn't bring the team down when we were struggling for players.  We only had about 12 people for Varsity and JV so at least I helped to fill up practices.  Even then, I only got about 2 minutes of game time every 2-3 games (varsity games).   I played decent defense and hustled.  I was just horrible at handling the ball and making passes.  

I guess that's admirable?  :dunno:

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2010, 12:40:28 AM »

If you hate Alex then you're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). He's a walkon who rarely even plays one minute. If he played a lot, enough to eff up a lot, then there might be reason to hate him.

People cheer for him because he's a big underdog. His whiteness is just part of that (a small part, I think), since white people are perceived as being bad at basketball. He's a gangly, white, nerdy-looking, uncoordinated-looking, freshman walkon from Kansas. It's a perfect storm of underdog-ness. Of course people are going to cheer.

Just as a thought experiment, imagine Alex were black, but still a gangly, nerdy, uncoordinated freshman walkon from Kansas. I think he still gets big cheers. Maybe a smidge less. Just a smidge.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2010, 01:07:29 AM »

If you hate Alex then you're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). He's a walkon who rarely even plays one minute. If he played a lot, enough to eff up a lot, then there might be reason to hate him.

People cheer for him because he's a big underdog. His whiteness is just part of that (a small part, I think), since white people are perceived as being bad at basketball. He's a gangly, white, nerdy-looking, uncoordinated-looking, freshman walkon from Kansas. It's a perfect storm of underdog-ness. Of course people are going to cheer.

Just as a thought experiment, imagine Alex were black, but still a gangly, nerdy, uncoordinated freshman walkon from Kansas. I think he still gets big cheers. Maybe a smidge less. Just a smidge.

I disagree. If he were black and not from Kansas everyone would hate him.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »

They wouldn't hate him, but they wouldn't cheer as much. Obviously the more underdog aspects you take away and the higher the expectations people have for a player, the more likely they are to hate him if he sucks. See: Wally Judge.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2010, 02:38:15 AM »

They wouldn't hate him, but they wouldn't cheer as much. Obviously the more underdog aspects you take away and the higher the expectations people have for a player, the more likely they are to hate him if he sucks. See: Wally Judge.

I don't really hate the guy. Just really grinds at me that all the fans go insane when he goes in the game. Sort of like last season whenever Werner touched the ball.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2010, 03:05:26 AM »

I don't really hate the guy. Just really grinds at me that all the fans go insane when he goes in the game. Sort of like last season whenever Werner touched the ball.

Maybe in a few years he'll be the new Energy, and then we can all hate him. Not that we hate our current Energy, he's actually not too bad.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2010, 07:00:31 AM »
Fun would be against what goEMAW is about, which is being Debbie Downers.

Are you the guy I PI'd at the 24-hour diner in KC at like 4 in the morning after the duke game?

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »
It is fun.  Why can't you idiots have fun?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2010, 07:20:15 AM »
I don't hate potu, he's done nothing to hurt the ksu cats.  I just hate our fans for not getting behind devon who has a much better story and much more storied path to becoming a walkon at ksu.  those tards don't even notice when he check in.  :frown:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2010, 07:32:57 AM »
I don't hate potu, he's done nothing to hurt the ksu cats.  I just hate our fans for not getting behind devon who has a much better story and much more storied path to becoming a walkon at ksu.  those tards don't even notice when he check in.  :frown:

he needs his last name on the back of the jersey for the gpc crowd.