Author Topic: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 168989 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2013 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #1400 on: January 06, 2014, 03:09:37 PM »
it's a travesty that Mangino has to work for a putz like Rhoads.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 06, 2014, 03:10:04 PM »
Oh man...what a hire.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 06, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
this sucks

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 06, 2014, 03:15:45 PM »
this sucks
or not, could be the first step in getting the band back together

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 06, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »
haha.  :whistle1:

While at Kansas, Mangino developed a “Character First” program to educate players on key life skills. He also contributed to the Lawrence community through Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Boys and Girls Club and Habitat for Humanity.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=209361185
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

catzacker

« Reply #1405 on: January 06, 2014, 03:21:32 PM »
That is fantastic for them.  Man, never in a million years expected that. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 06, 2014, 03:27:49 PM »
sorry blast!

Joe Schad ?@schadjoe 2m

Iowa State has hired former Kansas head coach Mark Mangino as offensive coordinator, a source said.

LOL
- basically all other sources

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 06, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
eff me.

'grats, Havs.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 06, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »
I really don't understand this boards fascination with Mark Mangino. I feel like it started out as some people trolling but other people didn't get that and just latched on. He's a marginal coach who is mean, smelly, ugly, and fat.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 06, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
I really don't understand this boards fascination with Mark Mangino. I feel like it started out as some people trolling but other people didn't get that and just latched on. He's a marginal coach who is mean, smelly, ugly, and fat.

nailed it.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: January 07, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »
 :popcorn:

http://deadspin.com/texas-booster-thinks-charlie-strong-would-make-a-good-1496441049

"I think the whole thing is a bit sideways," McCombs said of the selection process. "I don't have any doubt that Charlie is a fine coach. I think he would make a great position coach, maybe a coordinator."

"But I don't believe [Strong belongs at] what should be one of the three most powerful university programs in the world right now at UT-Austin. I don't think it adds up."
  :sdeek:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 07, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »

http://deadspin.com/texas-booster-thinks-charlie-strong-would-make-a-good-1496441049

"I think the whole thing is a bit sideways," McCombs said of the selection process. "I don't have any doubt that Charlie is a fine coach. I think he would make a great position coach, maybe a coordinator."

"But I don't believe [Strong belongs at] what should be one of the three most powerful university programs in the world right now at UT-Austin. I don't think it adds up."

Red McCombs is a senile and probably racist old billionaire who wanted Jon Gruden to be the Longhorns next coach.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:57:20 PM by Brock Landers »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 07, 2014, 02:55:08 PM »
no one cares about that country hillbilly ass used car dealer, he tried to force Mack out for Saban then Joe Jamail told him to sit his old ass down

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 07, 2014, 02:56:51 PM »

Red McCombs is a a senile and probably racist old billionaire who wanted Jon Gruden to be the Longhorns next coach.

Probably?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 07, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »

Red McCombs is a senile and probably racist old billionaire who wanted Jon Gruden to be the Longhorns next coach.

Probably?

Well, I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he's so old he probably used to own slaves and his comments on Strong are more than just butthurt.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 07, 2014, 03:01:07 PM »

Probably?

Well, I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he's so old he probably used to own slaves and his comments on Strong are more than just butthurt.

Probably?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 07, 2014, 03:04:34 PM »

Probably?

Probably?

Dammit I keep walking right into that.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 07, 2014, 03:08:47 PM »

I would prefer him to just about every coach currently on our staff, with perhaps the exception of Dickey. He's coached some great offenses, is a good recruiter, and quite honestly did a remarkable job at Kansas. He is mean, smelly, ugly, and fat, though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 07, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »

I would prefer him to just about every coach currently on our staff, with perhaps the exception of Dickey. He's coached some great offenses, is a good recruiter, and quite honestly did a remarkable job at Kansas. He is mean, smelly, ugly, and fat, though.

Remarkable, you see what his conference record was? How many coaching staffs has he been on and he's only been an OC for two years & that was so long ago we can conclude that what he did at OU was more Stoops and less Mangino. He couldn't even get an OC position at a FCS school.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »
How were the TE's for Youngstown St this season?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 07, 2014, 03:27:50 PM »

Remarkable, you see what his conference record was? How many coaching staffs has he been on and he's only been an OC for two years & that was so long ago we can conclude that what he did at OU was more Stoops and less Mangino. He couldn't even get an OC position at a FCS school.

Have you seen KU's conference record when he wasn't there?

I say his recruiting is what made him most valuable. I bet he gets some nice Iowa Jucos that we may also want.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 07, 2014, 03:47:25 PM »

I say his recruiting is what made him most valuable. I bet he gets some nice Iowa Jucos that we may also want.

So we can also call Ron Prince, Lynn Dickey, and Vince Gibson remarkable too? We'll see how well he recruits at ISU, it is certainly his greatest challenge since Iowa doesn't have the community college system that Kansas has.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 07, 2014, 03:48:24 PM »
I don't think Jon Gruden will ever coach meaningful football again.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 07, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »

So we can also call Ron Prince, Lynn Dickey, and Vince Gibson remarkable too? We'll see how well he recruits at ISU, it is certainly his greatest challenge since Iowa doesn't have the community college system that Kansas has.

Ron Prince had a pretty poor conference record compared to the tenures before and after him - not so with Mangino.

You can call Lynn Dickey and Vince Gibson remarkable if you want, I'm not up for studying the rough ridin' Precambrian Era.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 07, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »
I don't think Jon Gruden will ever coach meaningful football again.

he has no incentive to.  he has a job that will pay him tons of money for longer with better job security.  he probably floats the job rumors to get raises from espn and give his status as a "guru' credibility.  personally I think he sucks as a commentator tho.
emaw