Author Topic: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.  (Read 116954 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #825 on: March 19, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »
It's going to be fantastic when Pete gets all his rough ridin' answers, and he will get them.

I think we should have a rough ridin' answer revealing banquet where dax does standup.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »
people are worried about their working relationship to the point that frank might look to go to a similar (not necessarily better) job to get away from a guy that he feels does not like him or respect him.

would he take a worse job, just to make it obvious that he left because he hated currie?  he loved minuting up merrsie and ojeleye, after all.

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/USC_Coaching_Candidates.html
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:35 PM »
It's going to be fantastic when Pete gets all his rough ridin' answers, and he will get them.

I think we should have a rough ridin' answer revealing banquet where dax does standup.

would pay upwards of $5 to watch a webcast of this.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 19, 2012, 11:05:22 PM »

would attend

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 19, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »
people are worried about their working relationship to the point that frank might look to go to a similar (not necessarily better) job to get away from a guy that he feels does not like him or respect him.

would he take a worse job, just to make it obvious that he left because he hated currie?  he loved minuting up merrsie and ojeleye, after all.

Can you imagine this place if Frank takes the job at rough ridin' Souf Cack? My god.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 19, 2012, 11:08:37 PM »

:love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 19, 2012, 11:09:15 PM »
This includes Frank Martin. ESPECIALLY Frank Martin. I mean if he's pissed that Currie is being a hardass over this stuff he needs to teach his players the best way to get money from their AAU coaches. He has no excuse for getting caught off guard by this.

This quote from Malone is just ridiculous.

If I knew it and wanted to hide it, I would have done it differently.

And this quote from Currie seems to point at the message he was trying to get out from this.

We believe this to be a very isolated incident.

I think Currie is scared to death of Malone and what else he might say.

Why is the Malone quote so ridiculous?  Do you think this was the only western union he sent Jamar?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 19, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »

Now that writer has some zeal. :love:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 19, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
Why is the Malone quote so ridiculous?  Do you think this was the only western union he sent Jamar?

No, not at all. I just think its ridiculous that he would say it (along with the rest of the stuff he said). And that's why Currie is scared to death of him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 19, 2012, 11:11:28 PM »

Now that writer has some zeal. :love:

Yeah, a list of 21 names is fantastic.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 19, 2012, 11:13:22 PM »
LET'S ALL GET EXCITED FOR BRAD UNDERWOOD BASKETBALL!!!!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 19, 2012, 11:14:34 PM »
BOB LUTZ READS goEMAW.COM

EAGLE HEADLINE WRITER AIN'T NO PETE

http://www.kansas.com/2012/03/19/2262765/kansas-state-needs-to-answer-tough.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »

No, not at all. I just think its ridiculous that he would say it (along with the rest of the stuff he said). And that's why Currie is scared to death of him.

Okay, I just see it as him being genuine.  Even if it is believed that Malone is a total scum of the earth assbag, assbag scum have moments of sincerity.  If I gave you $200 in front of a cop with good intentions and it turned out you were a drug trafficker, I would ask the cop why would I buy drugs where you could see me?

IMO Malone's stance is legit.  If he's a legit bad guy who should be avoided I would think he would be more careful when sending $200 to a 6'7" black kid in a town of 50,000 white people.  No matter what anyone thinks of Malone, he didn't get where he is by being sloppy or stupid.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:38 PM »
<----banned again from KSF for 'tuck pesterin'!   :bball:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 19, 2012, 11:24:20 PM »
i just think it's nice that he gives money to samuels.  maybe there's some weird angle that makes it all exploitative, but i don't know what the hell that angle could be.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 19, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
That's the part I really don't get, either. It's not like Malone is going to make ten percent of Jamar's NBA millions here in a few months.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #841 on: March 19, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
i just think it's nice that he gives money to samuels.  maybe there's some weird angle that makes it all exploitative, but i don't know what the hell that angle could be.

He'd have to have BOTH a hatred of Frank AND a sociopathic disregard for Jamar and his family.

But, that is still plausible in my little world of imagining what AAU handler types are like.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #842 on: March 19, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
WHY?  I'm getting quite aggravated at people questioning Malone because in this instance they're questioning how Jamar views Curtis.  Jamar asked for the money because of how he views his relationship with Curtis.  Jamar picked up the Western Union because of how he viewed his relationship with Curtis.  Jamar admitted to taking the money because of how he viewed his relationship with Curtis.  Curtis, Jamar, and several people around Jamar including his head coach and his long time girlfriend have said they didn't think they did anything wrong because I'm assuming 1, because of the prior relationship and 2, because he's done it before.

Granted, I don't read every message in this thread, but were there people saying that Jamar shouldn't have associated with Malone?  I mean, I get why Jamar did what he did, and I'm not even angry about it, even though my opinion doesn't matter at all.  I'm sure Jamar thought everything was on the up and up because of all of the reasons you listed.

Essentially because Mike and Fatima took money from Joel Bell some (most) of you think he shouldn't ask a man for help who has helped his family for over a decade, that's bullshit and frankly tuckish.  If the athletic department told him specifically not to take anymore money from Curtis Malone even though they knew he's done it in the past that's also bullshit.  He shouldn't break ties with someone he's knows as long as he has because someone else Jamar knew for 18 months did something wrong.  He shouldn't starve because Mike and Fatima wanted cash from an agent.  If Jamar couldn't dunk a basketball, if he was Shawn Meyer or some dude on the track team no one here would be lining up to buy him food.  In Malone's world Jamar's achievements aren't much, just another guy.  If he wanted something other than to give a kid some money because he said he's hungry, he sure didn't pick a great target.

You got on me earlier in this thread for saying we ("we" being the KSU AD) might have been a little overly conservative because it was Curtis Malone and the Mike/Fatima/Bell situation is still hanging out there.  Again, I didn't read every thread out there, so I don't know if you're talking to me, but Jamar has the right to reach out to who he wants to reach out to for whatever reason.  But he reached out to a person that the AD probably sees as radioactive right now, and even though CC pretty much said that it being Malone didn't really make a difference, I wonder if they still would have held him out simply because of that reason.

It's a shame that Jason fatass Whitlock and Dave Zirin realizes this and most of us who have an emotional, vested interest in taking Jamar at his word that his relationship with Curtis Malone was harmless, he was a friend with money quick to help him and his family when needed.

I have no doubt the relationship was harmless, and I don't think most people who think the NCAA is essentially abusive of the student athlete (in this regard) question the sincerity of said relationship.  I harbor no ill will towards Jamar or Malone here, and honestly, all I ask is that we just leave well enough alone at this point and put this behind us because, as you said, this probably wasn't the first time Malone gave Jamar some money, and if he's this willing to give a little to a DC Assault guy with no NBA future, you never know if he gave to Wally, Rodney, Dom, etc.  And I honestly don't want anyone asking those questions because we're probably going to get hit by the NCAA if we find out the answer.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #843 on: March 19, 2012, 11:48:55 PM »

Okay, I just see it as him being genuine.  Even if it is believed that Malone is a total scum of the earth assbag, assbag scum have moments of sincerity.  If I gave you $200 in front of a cop with good intentions and it turned out you were a drug trafficker, I would ask the cop why would I buy drugs where you could see me?

IMO Malone's stance is legit.  If he's a legit bad guy who should be avoided I would think he would be more careful when sending $200 to a 6'7" black kid in a town of 50,000 white people.  No matter what anyone thinks of Malone, he didn't get where he is by being sloppy or stupid.

I don't think he has any bad intentions in helping Jamar, but I would think he knows that this could cause NCAA issues. When Meek called just say "no comment".

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:22 PM »
PJ, I wasn't talking to you unless you think Jamar should have been cut off from a man he's knows since he was 11 because Mike and Fatima took money from Joel Bell.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 19, 2012, 11:53:03 PM »
Someone needs to find the snitch so we can excommunicate them from emaw like Krause and Wefald.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 19, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »
Curtis Malone and people in his world don't give a wholly damn about the NCAA.  "I got you" means everything "impermissible benefits" doesn't mean a thing.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 19, 2012, 11:55:35 PM »

He'd have to have BOTH a hatred of Frank AND a sociopathic disregard for Jamar and his family.

But, that is still plausible in my little world of imagining what AAU handler types are like.

Beems played AAu, right? He can probably shed a little light about his handler and what they are like.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 19, 2012, 11:57:22 PM »
Someone needs to find the snitch so we can excommunicate them from emaw like Krause and Wefald.

Neither have been excommunicated, I have saw both of them at multiple basketball games this past season, although neither are nearly as gregarious as they used to be.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 20, 2012, 12:04:21 AM »
I feel your pain, EMAW.  I really do.  This is why some NCAA rules just don't make sense.  What good does it do to suspend a kid in his last ever college game because he accepted $200 from a family friend?  What possible reason is there for such a rule?  I just don't understand it.  A similar situation happened to Darnell Jackson several years ago and he was suspended for nine games.  The NCAA makes hundreds of millions of dollars off of these athletes, and then they throw the red flag when a guy accepts a check for $200.  It's complete and utter BS.