Author Topic: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.  (Read 119125 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #775 on: March 19, 2012, 07:05:53 PM »
:popcorn:

Man you have to feel great right now.

Karma works in magical ways.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: You better have some rough ridin' answers, Currie.
« Reply #776 on: March 19, 2012, 07:07:15 PM »

I'm not sure you know what karma is.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 19, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »

yeah this isn't karma. this is one state school doesn't something stupid and then a couple of months later the other state school does something stupid. rinse and repeat for the past three years.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:40 PM »

Karma is watching a bunch of grapes stress out over an alleged NCAA violation after spending countless days and nights trying to diminish KU's dominance in basketball and blame all of our success on "cheating."  Same thing happened when Mizzou got punked by Norfolk State.

Karma.

:love:  :love:  :love:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 19, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: March 19, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »
not sure if people have beaten this horse yet: where does the Jamar/Malone relationship stand with respect to the prior acquaintance exception and if this has happened before or was this the first transaction? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 19, 2012, 07:16:16 PM »

Well that's not very TSC of you.

Well I was rooting for K-State against Syracuse.  Can't say I'm not a little amused by Jamargate, though.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 19, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »

Karma is watching a bunch of grapes stress out over an alleged NCAA violation after spending countless days and nights trying to diminish KU's dominance in basketball and blame all of our success on "cheating."  Same thing happened when Mizzou got punked by Norfolk State.

Karma.

:love:  :love:  :love:

I think it's just "irony."  Like how it's ironic that we all know KU cheats, and we get bent out of shape about it, but then our own school gets nailed with punishment akin to cheating, even though we didn't cheat.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 19, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
I think it's just "irony."  Like how it's ironic that we all know KU cheats, and we get bent out of shape about it, but then our own school gets nailed with punishment akin to cheating, even though we didn't cheat.

I think it's accurate to say that there are a number of people here (especially elites) who don't get bent out of shape about KU cheating all that much. I mean, hey, more power to them. You can't win a ton of games in college basketball without getting your hands dirty in at least some ways. There's also a pretty sizable group that throws the cheating back in KU fans' faces just to bbs and they don't really care that much.

cliffs: beems, stop taking things personally :cheers:  :tsc:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 19, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »
not sure if people have beaten this horse yet: where does the Jamar/Malone relationship stand with respect to the prior acquaintance exception and if this has happened before or was this the first transaction?

nobody knows yet do to currie sticking his head in the sand after over reacting in a horrible way to the detriment of jamar and our basketball team and it's coach and our fanbase. cpt crap almost talked me off the ledge but didn't. could not have been handled worse. we are now three days out and nothing, unless you call a person who goes by "captain crap" dishing stuff on a goEMAW.com message board titled operation victory, codename:dominate something. i don't. have fun at the kstate wbb game john. try not to screw them over while you're there too.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 19, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
Taking 200 bucks from a friend isnt cheating as bad as playing thugs that didnt graduate high school.

More importantly, beems shouldnt be allowed to use a fatty quote in his sig.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:24:01 PM by p1k3 »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 19, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
Taking 200 bucks from a friend isnt cheating as bad as playing thugs that didnt graduate high school.

See what I mean?  Furthermore, is there any evidence that KU plays thugs that didn't graduate high school? 

Last but not least, fatty and I were friends, you white trash piece of sh*t.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 19, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »

:runaway:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »
That was really mean.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 19, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
guys. don't beemsrail this thread. tia.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 19, 2012, 07:49:17 PM »

See what I mean?  Furthermore, is there any evidence that KU plays thugs that didn't graduate high school? 

its confirmed that Darrel Arthur did not complete the requirements for college admittance.  The issue is that KU was able to manipulate the clearing house to get him through and insulate the university from punishment.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 19, 2012, 07:51:45 PM »

Darrel Arthur  :dunno:

And sorry, i didnt know that.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 19, 2012, 07:54:33 PM »
I have no problem with currie and his pursuit for other jobs. It's what good business people do.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:05:47 PM by WillieWatanabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bigwilliesock

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 19, 2012, 07:57:03 PM »
This Oregon guy seems to get upset every time his team wins, what's his problem?  :dunno:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 19, 2012, 07:58:34 PM »

its confirmed that Darrel Arthur did not complete the requirements for college admittance. The issue is that KU was able to manipulate the clearing house to get him through and insulate the university from punishment.

No it's not.  He didn't need that math class to graduate high school.  KU is completely in the clear.  You idiots never cease to amaze me.  Keep 'em coming. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: March 19, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »
Saul, fix the thing that lets mods select which posts to split out of a thread rather than having to do them individually. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 19, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »
Who gets mad about ku cheating . . . I don't anymore, I admire it.

Really looking forward to the next feel good story about some ku player/s, whose mom moved to Lawrence and went to work for one of Doug Compton's companies.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 19, 2012, 08:16:59 PM »
WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT KU IN THIS THREAD.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 19, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
What proof could K-State have possibly had? Western Union transactions are supposed to be confidential. The only thing K-State could have possibly had that constituted proof would be the testimony of one of the employees, and if that were the case, I sincerely hope that employee was turned into Western Union for a violation of their terms.

one possibility: they got the tip, asked jamar about it, and he confirmed the story. And what CC is saying is that you can't not ask as soon as you know about this crap. Especially when you consider how quickly and openly Curtis Malone talked.

This is what I think is going to come out.

1.  Tip from person who should be fired
2.  Currie to Frank - "ask Jamar"
3.  Frank to Jamar "Did Curt send you $200?"
4.  Jamar to Frank "yup"
5.  Frank "shazbot!"

Yes, I would agree with that. And like you said, once Malone was connected it was over.

WHY?  I'm getting quite aggravated at people questioning Malone because in this instance they're questioning how Jamar views Curtis.  Jamar asked for the money because of how he views his relationship with Curtis.  Jamar picked up the Western Union because of how he viewed his relationship with Curtis.  Jamar admitted to taking the money because of how he viewed his relationship with Curtis.  Curtis, Jamar, and several people around Jamar including his head coach and his long time girlfriend have said they didn't think they did anything wrong because I'm assuming 1, because of the prior relationship and 2, because he's done it before.

Essentially because Mike and Fatima took money from Joel Bell some (most) of you think he shouldn't ask a man for help who has helped his family for over a decade, that's bullshit and frankly tuckish.  If the athletic department told him specifically not to take anymore money from Curtis Malone even though they knew he's done it in the past that's also bullshit.  He shouldn't break ties with someone he's knows as long as he has because someone else Jamar knew for 18 months did something wrong.  He shouldn't starve because Mike and Fatima wanted cash from an agent.  If Jamar couldn't dunk a basketball, if he was Shawn Meyer or some dude on the track team no one here would be lining up to buy him food.  In Malone's world Jamar's achievements aren't much, just another guy.  If he wanted something other than to give a kid some money because he said he's hungry, he sure didn't pick a great target.

It's a shame that Jason fatass Whitlock and Dave Zirin realizes this and most of us who have an emotional, vested interest in taking Jamar at his word that his relationship with Curtis Malone was harmless, he was a friend with money quick to help him and his family when needed.

_fan, I quoted your post but I'm not specifically calling you out.  There have been plenty of people saying that Jamar shouldn't have continued to be associated with Malone or the athletic department should have banned Jamar from associating with Malone.  That's Mike & Fatima's cross to bear not Jamar's.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 19, 2012, 08:52:54 PM »
What proof could K-State have possibly had? Western Union transactions are supposed to be confidential. The only thing K-State could have possibly had that constituted proof would be the testimony of one of the employees, and if that were the case, I sincerely hope that employee was turned into Western Union for a violation of their terms.

one possibility: they got the tip, asked jamar about it, and he confirmed the story. And what CC is saying is that you can't not ask as soon as you know about this crap. Especially when you consider how quickly and openly Curtis Malone talked.

This is what I think is going to come out.

1.  Tip from person who should be fired
2.  Currie to Frank - "ask Jamar"
3.  Frank to Jamar "Did Curt send you $200?"
4.  Jamar to Frank "yup"
5.  Frank "shazbot!"

Yes, I would agree with that. And like you said, once Malone was connected it was over.

WHY?  I'm getting quite aggravated at people questioning Malone because in this instance they're questioning how Jamar views Curtis.  Jamar asked for the money because of how he views his relationship with Curtis.  Jamar picked up the Western Union because of how he viewed his relationship with Curtis.  Jamar admitted to taking the money because of how he viewed his relationship with Curtis.  Curtis, Jamar, and several people around Jamar including his head coach and his long time girlfriend have said they didn't think they did anything wrong because I'm assuming 1, because of the prior relationship and 2, because he's done it before.

Essentially because Mike and Fatima took money from Joel Bell some (most) of you think he shouldn't ask a man for help who has helped his family for over a decade, that's bullshit and frankly tuckish.  If the athletic department told him specifically not to take anymore money from Curtis Malone even though they knew he's done it in the past that's also bullshit.  He shouldn't break ties with someone he's knows as long as he has because someone else Jamar knew for 18 months did something wrong.  He shouldn't starve because Mike and Fatima wanted cash from an agent.  If Jamar couldn't dunk a basketball, if he was Shawn Meyer or some dude on the track team no one here would be lining up to buy him food.  In Malone's world Jamar's achievements aren't much, just another guy.  If he wanted something other than to give a kid some money because he said he's hungry, he sure didn't pick a great target.

It's a shame that Jason fatass Whitlock and Dave Zirin realizes this and most of us who have an emotional, vested interest in taking Jamar at his word that his relationship with Curtis Malone was harmless, he was a friend with money quick to help him and his family when needed.

_fan, I quoted your post but I'm not specifically calling you out.  There have been plenty of people saying that Jamar shouldn't have continued to be associated with Malone or the athletic department should have banned Jamar from associating with Malone.  That's Mike & Fatima's cross to bear not Jamar's.

this among other things is what amazes me about how quickly the athletic dept acted in turning this in. no research or gathering information about other previous similar examples. just an insane rush to get what little they did know into the ncaa as soon as possible. ridiculous.