Author Topic: Snyder  (Read 17223 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Snyder
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2015, 01:22:57 PM »
Whether it's part of a mandated process or if a candidate contacts OBz on his own initiative, what do you think Bill would tell such a candidate who asks what it's like to work for John Currie?

Dealing with an AD is going to be par for the course at almost any school. 

The AD/Coach, GM/Coach dynamic is so weird.  You're technically reporting to someone that makes way, way less than you do.  If you are successful, the AD can't really touch you.  I doubt much of what Snyder does, day to day, is influenced by John Currie.

If the next guy came in there and won 9 games in the first year, there isn't much Currie could do.  He's really responsible for making the selection and basically being a figurehead and mouthpiece for the president and big money when things go bad.

Let's be honest; Frank could have stayed if he really wanted to.  He was just easily annoyed and didn't want to deal with Currie.  I bet if you asked him whether or not he'd leave if he had to make that choice all over again, he'd seriously consider that answer, regardless of Currie.

So what do you think Bill would say?

He's a dork, but he raises a lot of money.  I'm still able to do whatever I want.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »
The way we trot Bill out there every week is starting to make me as uncomfortable as when we push Tex Winter out to fOOD center court to get a pop.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile