Date: 28/03/24 - 12:09 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Ankiel  (Read 1793 times)

January 23, 2010, 09:04:20 AM
Read 1793 times

Stupid Fitz

• Cub

• Personal Text
    I don't mean to be stupid
Not sure how I feel about this.  Not terrible I guess, but I don't understand the reasoning.  The Royals are going to be pretty fracking terrible more than likely this year with or without him.  If he has a good year, he signs big next year and leaves, if he has a bad year, the Royals don't pick up his option and he leaves.  I guess maybe he could have a really good year (doubtful since he won't be hitting with Albert and crew) and the Royals could get something at the deadline for him.  :dunno:

January 23, 2010, 10:57:17 AM
Reply #1

QuinnMac

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    CTR is back on: Hornsdown
NICE PITCH ANKIEL!!!!

Are you seeking validation?
-Find it at community college

January 23, 2010, 02:10:41 PM
Reply #2

cas

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Sniff Sniff. . . I smell Heisman.
great move.

always need to add another arm to the 'pen.
csourk is the best pre-college poster on this board.  way better than oxlp956

January 23, 2010, 05:51:55 PM
Reply #3

pwrcatjd49

• Cub

It was a dumb move. We've tied up 5 million into two below average outfielders.Vlad Guerrero signed with the Rangers for 5.5. Players like Dye, Nady, Damon, etc.. are all productive and would sign for around that much, but instead we have a converted pitcher and a player who couldn't make a team out of spring training last year. The Royals have 7-8 players who can play an outfield position on their 25 man roster now. We also have Getz who won't even start over Callaspo, which is smart, but what was the point in trading Teahen(one of our best offensive players last year) for two backup players? This off season just doesn't make sense.

January 23, 2010, 06:37:57 PM
Reply #4

QuinnMac

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    CTR is back on: Hornsdown
It was a dumb move. We've tied up 5 million into two below average outfielders.Vlad Guerrero signed with the Rangers for 5.5. Players like Dye, Nady, Damon, etc.. are all productive and would sign for around that much, but instead we have a converted pitcher and a player who couldn't make a team out of spring training last year. The Royals have 7-8 players who can play an outfield position on their 25 man roster now. We also have Getz who won't even start over Callaspo, which is smart, but what was the point in trading Teahen(one of our best offensive players last year) for two backup players? This off season just doesn't make sense.
It's the Royals dood.

Are you seeking validation?
-Find it at community college

January 24, 2010, 01:16:25 PM
Reply #5

Haverhill

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Would rather be meeting D-List celebrities
    • Haverhill on Cyclone Fanatic
As a Cardinals fan, it is sad to see him go.
I'm with Coco!!

January 24, 2010, 04:19:56 PM
Reply #6

RonLongshaft

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Honestly I'm gonna miss you Mark!!
NICE PITCH ANKIEL!!!!

QFMFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 06, 2010, 03:09:32 PM
Reply #7

JTKSU

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Gettin' angried up!!!
As a Cardinals fan, it is sad to see him go.

I imagine.  Always liked Ankiel, even more so after his struggles on the mound and subsequent move to the outfield.