Date: 01/06/24 - 10:38 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: High High School Football IQ Discussion Thread  (Read 6991 times)

October 30, 2009, 06:43:02 AM
Read 6991 times

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Meade is going to end Smith Center's win streak this year

:steadymobbin':
<---------Click the ball

October 30, 2009, 07:35:36 AM
Reply #1

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

manhattan high school is undefeated.

October 30, 2009, 07:45:51 AM
Reply #2

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Meade is also undefeated (9-0)

Beaver, OK 28-7
Wichita County 60-6
Southwestern Heights 48-14
Maize S 57-7
Elkhart 12-7
Cimarron 60-8
Kinsley 64-14
Maize S again for some reason 42-7
Lacrosse 46-12

<---------Click the ball

October 30, 2009, 08:28:23 AM
Reply #3

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
I was talking to some higher ups in the high school football scene and there was pretty much agreement across the board that Meade would beat Manhattan head to head if Manhattan had the balls to play them.  Everyone told me Manhattan did not have said balls so it is a non-issue.  Maybe they will meet in the state championship though I doubt Manhattan makes it that far.
<---------Click the ball

October 30, 2009, 09:06:40 AM
Reply #4

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

I was talking to some higher ups in the high school football scene and there was pretty much agreement across the board that Meade would beat Manhattan head to head if Manhattan had the balls to play them.  Everyone told me Manhattan did not have said balls so it is a non-issue.  Maybe they will meet in the state championship though I doubt Manhattan makes it that far.

hmmmmm. i have not heard much about this. i'm assuming manhattan would have go be the one to change and go 8 man as i doubt meade has enough people to go 11 man. just assuming that meade is 8 man as i've never fracking heard of that podunkville hick town. kind of like two boxers in different divisions with the heavier boxer losing a bunch of weight to fight the smaller less talented/stronger boxer. i suppose anything is possible.

October 30, 2009, 09:12:08 AM
Reply #5

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

hmmmmm. i have not heard much about this. i'm assuming manhattan would have go be the one to change and go 8 man as i doubt meade has enough people to go 11 man. just assuming that meade is 8 man as i've never fracking heard of that podunkville hick town. kind of like two boxers in different divisions with the heavier boxer losing a bunch of weight to fight the smaller less talented/stronger boxer. i suppose anything is possible.

Meade is in the very highest division of football (11 man).  Also rumblings that the city of Meade will be getting direct flight service from AA completely bypassing the American Eagle training wheels. 
<---------Click the ball

October 30, 2009, 09:17:45 AM
Reply #6

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Meade is in the very highest division of football (11 man). 

coed?

October 30, 2009, 09:25:53 AM
Reply #7

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment

Meade is in the very highest division of football (11 man). 

coed?

One year, but she wasn't very good.
<---------Click the ball

October 30, 2009, 09:49:48 AM
Reply #8

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

October 30, 2009, 10:16:50 AM
Reply #9

jthutch

• Premium Member
  • Cub

GTFOOMF with High School football nobody even touches Hutchinson.

October 30, 2009, 10:25:22 AM
Reply #10

ksu_FAN

• Second String Wildcat

October 30, 2009, 10:27:54 AM
Reply #11

Pett

• Premium Member
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hey, basketball!!!

He's kinda got a point. Hutch is the most loaded that they have been in years.....and that is saying something...

October 30, 2009, 10:29:01 AM
Reply #12

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

October 30, 2009, 11:05:01 AM
Reply #13

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

what is hutch? 3A, 4A? i'm assuming it's big enough to at least play 11 man. either way, being a good 3A school or whatever hutch is would be kinda like being a good fcs team. congrats though. i'm sure the townspeople get excited and it's still competetive and stuff.

October 30, 2009, 11:13:34 AM
Reply #14

pissclams

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    (worst non-premium poster at ksufans.com)
I share dual alumniship w/ sproles.  olathe north, k-state.  /close thread.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

October 30, 2009, 01:10:38 PM
Reply #15

WillieWannabe

• Classless Cat
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    I may be full of sh*t, but i won't be de-turd.
I walk out of that tunnel in this building and the passion of our fans, just gets me going. I mean just gives me an adrenaline rush that you guys just don't understand. - Frank Martin

October 30, 2009, 01:57:40 PM
Reply #16

Eskimo Joe

#2 in the country according the the Massey ratings!  I do think Meade was 1a though.

October 30, 2009, 03:35:34 PM
Reply #17

PowercatPat

• Senior Cub

what is hutch? 3A, 4A? i'm assuming it's big enough to at least play 11 man. either way, being a good 3A school or whatever hutch is would be kinda like being a good fcs team. congrats though. i'm sure the townspeople get excited and it's still competetive and stuff.

They were just moved down to 5A a couple of years ago.

October 30, 2009, 03:47:26 PM
Reply #18

jthutch

• Premium Member
  • Cub

Did you not read your own link?

October 30, 2009, 03:58:44 PM
Reply #19

Winters

• Senior Cub

St.Marys is pretty good. (VHHSFBIQ, i know)

October 30, 2009, 04:04:20 PM
Reply #20

Rick Daris

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

Did you not read your own link?

did you not realize that it would have just been easier for you to answer the question at hand then to ask me if i'd read my own link? jfc, it's like i'm talking kansas high school football with my sisters kids here.

btw-hutch appears to be 5a. this means that they probably are 11 man. i know all 6a teams are 11 man but am not 100% sure what the rules are in the lesser divisions.

October 30, 2009, 04:37:15 PM
Reply #21

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
I do think Meade was 1a though.

2A!  And, can we all just sit down and agree to put our "who's better Meade or Manhattan" differences aside and agree that both are way better than this Hutch team that nobody has ever heard of?  tia
<---------Click the ball

October 30, 2009, 04:47:40 PM
Reply #22

catdude33

• Cub

I do think Meade was 1a though.

2A!  And, can we all just sit down and agree to put our "who's better Meade or Manhattan" differences aside and agree that both are way better than this Hutch team that nobody has ever heard of?  tia

Hutch?  More like (Huh?)tch.

October 30, 2009, 08:50:32 PM
Reply #23

Pike

• Senior Cub

I share dual alumniship w/ sproles.  olathe north, k-state.  /close thread.

Which has been PWND by Olathe East since Sproles left.

October 30, 2009, 09:10:17 PM
Reply #24

cas

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Sniff Sniff. . . I smell Heisman.
Scott City has a ball team that is nothing that you just wave your stick at boys.

I'll tell you what they are some mean son of a guns. Lynch mob type defense.
csourk is the best pre-college poster on this board.  way better than oxlp956

October 30, 2009, 09:31:50 PM
Reply #25

hemmy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Anti-government
Salina Central 58-3, 3 state titles from 8th grade thru high school for me "back in the day"

some1 posted highlights on youtube, lollerz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUJMvLr281I
"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

October 30, 2009, 09:41:41 PM
Reply #26

hemmy

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Anti-government
"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

October 30, 2009, 10:44:57 PM
Reply #27

Pett

• Premium Member
  • Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Hey, basketball!!!

October 31, 2009, 12:06:39 AM
Reply #28

LimestoneOutcropping

• Administrator
  • Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Skate on Sister School
Manhattan wins on the final play of the game.

http://img251.yfrog.com/i/9wc.mp4/

This Manhattan high team sounds and looks like a world beater.  They look like the best.

October 31, 2009, 06:44:33 AM
Reply #29

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball