Date: 17/05/24 - 12:21 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: Would anything be stupider than rehiring Snyder?  (Read 1856 times)

November 05, 2008, 10:49:14 PM
Reply #60

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick
I love successful bill snyder, but hate unsuccessful bill snyder.  sadly, the successful bill snyder is in norman, tampa, lawerence, and tuscon right now and the unsuccessful snyder is in manhattan, prolly grinding his teeth watching the players wear ball caps in Vanier.

JFC. HE HAD TWO (2) bad years, after 11 straight INSANELY (insanely = 9+ wins) successfull years.

Lay off the guy.  :rolleyes:

his two bad years were in years when the surrounding competition was the worst it ever had been in conference history.  that's worse than worse.

November 05, 2008, 10:49:58 PM
Reply #61

sonofdaxjones

• All American

Come to KKKKKKKK STATTTE

I can see it already.

November 05, 2008, 10:56:21 PM
Reply #62

DynastyCat

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Attended both Aggieville Riots in the 1980s.
In all seriousness, I would rather have Prince for another two years.

Seriously.

I can see that even with the "thing-you-most-wanted" happening, KSUfans are still maintaining their classic, patented pessimism combined with a hint of sarcasm. It is the reason i keep coming back. True art you cant find anywhere else. Props gents.  :cheers:

QFMFT   :billypopcorn:
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the customers."

November 05, 2008, 11:02:03 PM
Reply #63

k-state-wildcats11

I love successful bill snyder, but hate unsuccessful bill snyder.  sadly, the successful bill snyder is in norman, tampa, lawerence, and tuscon right now and the unsuccessful snyder is in manhattan, prolly grinding his teeth watching the players wear ball caps in Vanier.

JFC. HE HAD TWO (2) bad years, after 11 straight INSANELY (insanely = 9+ wins) successfull years.

his two bad years were in years when the surrounding competition was the worst it ever had been in conference history.  that's worse than worse.
I seriously just want to punch you in the face for talking trash on the man that built this program up from the ashes of futility U. just saying no hard feelers just think your a crapty fan. I mean I guess two bad years does wipe away everything he did here though. and you sure are good at bringing up those two bad years.

I think Bill could have done the same things that Joe Pa has done with PSU he had a couple bad years and since then 03 and 04 has strung together an 11-1 record and two consecutive 9-4 records not to mention that he is undefeated this year.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:06:38 PM by k-state-wildcats11 »

November 05, 2008, 11:27:00 PM
Reply #64

bigdeal

• Cub

Snyder built the program from complete nothingness. He can coach.  His flaws were in being too loyal to his assistants and in deciding that life outside football mattered.  He probably was defensive of his assistants that stayed with him because he knew he demanded alot and the traitors that abandoned him when he program was poised for the giant leap they had all worked for made him more loyal to those that then stayed with him.  He needed to clean house of assistants but didn't want to do it.  That's why there was the decline...poor assistants equal poor recruiting, not coaching players up, etc.  That being said, Snyder thought he left the program in an OK position going forward.  Of course Prince chased away tons of players then scrambled to make a bowl.  Snyder's teams were not out of games his last year and there were seveal developing players.  Making a bowl in his first year was no real feat for Prince because Snyder would've done it too...with more wins.  It was more of a feat for Prince because he chased away players, and instituted completely new Offense and stupid defense.  I think we need to move on from Coach Snyder because, well, eventually someone else will have to win here but don't deride Coach Snyder.  The man was a great coach and there would be no conversations about a replacement now if not for him and the sacrifices and vision he had.   

November 06, 2008, 01:23:40 AM
Reply #65

Bullfn33

• Cub

I agree with fatty in this thread. Snyder had two bad years, yes, but does the guy who manufactured the greatest coaching job in college football history not deserve a couple off years following a Big 12 Championship season? Do you not think that the Legend has thought about where he failed in those two bad years and how he would go about it differently?

How would you compare '04 and '05 to '07 and '08? Even in Snyder's "terrible" years he was still very competitive in games he lost. He still had better players, a defense that was better than FCS caliber and a coaching staff that, while wasn't great, was still miles ahead of what we ended up with.  It is no coincidence that Prince's best year was when he had mostly all of Snyder's players. Snyder would have most likely won a minimum of 8 games that season had he not hung it up and we might even have been back on track after that. All I think we're trying to say is two down years isn't enough to erase any part of the DOD. Don't take the man sitting in the office down the hall for granted! Of all times, after going through the Prince era I'm shocked some still do.

With that said, my first choice would not be to rehire Snyder, but to rather heavily pursue Patterson. BUT, if it looks like we won't get someone close to the same caliber as GP and/or Snyder is truly interested, eager and confident, I would totally and completely support the move. After all, he is Bill Snyder and I'm no longer taking him for granted.
Show me defense.

November 06, 2008, 02:28:57 AM
Reply #66

opcat

• Scout Team Wildcat

nice comments bullfn,bigdeal    :cheers:

Anyone still pissed at the Oline of = Matt Boss and forget the others.   Hatter knows! hahaha

:hope:

2004 oline class implosion.

2004 Signing Class
Switch to BasketballKansas State 2004 Football Commitments (26)

PAGE 1PAGE 2CAPSULES
Commitment Lists:         >   
SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT   Pos   Stars   Ht   Wt   40   RR   Video   Hometown
Brett Alstatt   RB      6-4   220   4.6   5.1      Hays, KS
Jordan Bedore   ATH      6-4   250   4.74   5.2       Goodland, KS
Matt Boss   OL      6-5   315   4.81   5.9      Cherryvale, KS
Justin D'Arcy   OL      6-6   305   5.1   -       Aptos, CA
Aaron Darks   LB      6-1   205   4.52   5.5       Lufkin, TX
Surrell Davis   DB      6-0   200   4.45   -       San Mateo, CA
Allan Evridge   QB      6-1   205   4.5   5.5      Papillion, NE
Vladimir Faustin   DE      6-3   235   4.7   5.2       Miami, FL
Yamon Figurs   WR      6-0   180   4.4   -       Garden City, KS
Parrish Fisher   RB      5-9   204   4.4   5.7      Richardson, TX
Tearrius George   DT      6-4   265   5.2   -       Valley Glen, CA
Lester Graham   LB      6-0   215   4.48   5.2       Fort Pierce, FL
Romunn Grigsby   WR      6-4   185   4.5   5.2       Clayton, OH
John Hafferty   OL      6-3   305   4.87   5.5      Alpharetta, GA
Caleb Handy   OL      6-2   300   5.17   5.5      Conway Springs, KS
Walter Hudson   DB      6-0   184   4.4   5.7       Dallas, TX
Bret Jones   DB      6-1   195   4.5   -       San Francisco, CA
Jesse Martinez   ATH      6-6   214   4.4   -       Santa Rosa, CA
Jared Parker   K      6-0   185   -   5.4       Ankeny, IA
Nick Patton   QB      6-3   205   4.4   5.9      Winfield, KS
Maurice Porter   DB      6-1   190   4.48   -       San Francisco, CA
Brad Rooker   OL      6-7   260   4.85   5.2       Omaha, NE
Ryan Schmidt   OL      6-5   293   4.78   5.3       Boca Raton, FL
Gerard Spexarth   OL      6-6   301   5.3   5.5      Andale, KS
Kyle Williams   DB      6-1   190   4.4   -       Coriscana, TX
Cedric Wilson   ATH      6-1   175   4.44   5.6       Fort Pierce, FL

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 02:33:31 AM by opcat »

November 06, 2008, 06:33:38 AM
Reply #67

catzacker

• Junior Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Fear the Brick

I seriously just want to punch you in the face for talking trash on the man that built this program up from the ashes of futility U. just saying no hard feelers just think your a crapty fan. I mean I guess two bad years does wipe away everything he did here though. and you sure are good at bringing up those two bad years.

I think Bill could have done the same things that Joe Pa has done with PSU he had a couple bad years and since then 03 and 04 has strung together an 11-1 record and two consecutive 9-4 records not to mention that he is undefeated this year.

Don't be a tard.  I'm not disparaging what Snyder did, only being honest with where he left the program and why it was like that.  Those years were trends of were the program was heading (downward).  The staff he assembled took the freaking program from a conference championship to damn near last place in the Big12.  that's a fact and that's why I don't want him back.  because the coaches that made him successful are in tuscon, norman, lawrence, and tampa.  he did an outstanding job, overall, at KSU, but it's time for KSU to move on to a good, qualified coach not name bill snyder.

November 06, 2008, 06:42:15 AM
Reply #68

cireksu

November 06, 2008, 06:48:36 AM
Reply #69

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

November 06, 2008, 08:02:50 AM
Reply #70

k-state-wildcats11

Don't be a tard.  I'm not disparaging what Snyder did, only being honest with where he left the program and why it was like that.  Those years were trends of were the program was heading (downward).  The staff he assembled took the freaking program from a conference championship to damn near last place in the Big12.  that's a fact and that's why I don't want him back.  because the coaches that made him successful are in tuscon, norman, lawrence, and tampa.  he did an outstanding job, overall, at KSU, but it's time for KSU to move on to a good, qualified coach not name bill snyder.
I agree we shouldn't hire Bill back it would be a step in the wrong direction, the University needs to move forward. If we hire Bill back it's almost like saying well no one else wanted to come here and hopefully he can turn it around again. And the '04 season did suck we had no consistency anywhere QB and Oline play mainly. '05 season the team was competitive 3 of the 6 losses were by a combined 7 points the other 3 losses were Iowa State(biggest Snyder blowout I ever watched), OU and Tech. So don't be a tard and say his last two years were that bad atleast under Snyder I felt we had a shot to win every game during the Prince era even when we were winning I wondered when we would collapse.

November 06, 2008, 09:03:34 AM
Reply #71

greasd up deaf guy

Internet tough guy has spoken.

November 06, 2008, 09:07:11 AM
Reply #72

k-state-wildcats11

:rolleyes: more like no reason to talk crap about snyder tough guy

November 06, 2008, 09:13:36 AM
Reply #73

greasd up deaf guy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

November 06, 2008, 09:15:35 AM
Reply #74

k-state-wildcats11

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:-*

November 06, 2008, 10:03:29 AM
Reply #75

snyderfanatic

• Cub

because of Freems.  Also, be ready for Dylan Meier v. 2.....hellllooooo Carson Coffman.

No way. Defense.

Explain '04 and '05?  just bad luck?

1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Just lucky?

November 06, 2008, 10:14:47 AM
Reply #76

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
because of Freems.  Also, be ready for Dylan Meier v. 2.....hellllooooo Carson Coffman.

No way. Defense.

Explain '04 and '05?  just bad luck?

1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Just lucky?

No, young. 
<---------Click the ball