Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5757904 times)

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #400 on: July 13, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
:lol:

:facepalm:

:flush:

As things stand now, if Kansas State is to land Clear Springs, Texas defensive end Brandon Mickens, it won't have to hold off many traditional powerhouses. The Clear Springs High School senior currently sits on a trio of offers, one of which is from the Wildcats, but while he has a single Big 12 offer in his hip pocket, the other two that join it don't exactly stack up in prestige. Both Louisiana-Lafayette and Texas State, two schools closer to Mickens' family, home have also extended offers, and the 6-foot-4 lineman says his recruitment isn't exactly the one-horse race it appears to be.

"I don't know which one I like yet," Mickens said. "I haven't really thought about choosing yet at all."

It was a talking point on which the lineman never wavered. According to him, his choice won't be a matter of exposure or hinge on the desire to play in sold out stadiums. Instead, he'll commit where he feels most comfortable. Sure his outlook on things is a bit non-traditional, but staying close to home will play some role in his recruitment as it moves forward "Conferences really don't matter to me," Mickens said. "I just want to play somewhere I like. I'm going to be playing football either way.

Brandon Mickens is currently holding three scholarship offers.

"Kansas State talks to me about the program and their tradition. I like that, but Lafayette is a fun school too and it's closer to my home. I guess I like both right now."

A clear DITR.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »
Meanwhile another DE who we offered weeks ago, who is standing on multiple BCS D1 offers now, says he hasn't from K-State in weeks.

Geez . . . this staff simply sucks at recruiting . . . SUCKS!!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 15, 2010, 08:45:39 AM »
Possible new football player coming to K-State on track scholarship: J.J. Marshall

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 15, 2010, 08:56:25 AM »
3021  RIP

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 15, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »
10.57 100yd dash.
I'll take it.
EMAW

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »
Paging Old Fella....

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2010, 02:07:12 PM »
Mullen star LB Leilon Willingham is "feelin" what im saying about kansas state. Really thinking the kid is liking the fact that he could be paired with Arthur Brown as a little duo. And the starting immediatley.
EMAW

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
Mullen star LB Leilon Willingham is "feelin" what im saying about kansas state. Really thinking the kid is liking the fact that he could be paired with Arthur Brown as a little duo. And the starting immediatley.
That would be a sweet get.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2010, 02:17:50 PM »

Doing the Lord's work 42. 
 :kstatriot:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »

Tremendous job, kstatefreak42.

Offline k-statriot28

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 23, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »
robcassidy22

Due to Daniel Sams' commitment, Chase's younger brother, Cameron Coffman, will no longer consider #KState as an option in his recruitment.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 23, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »
robcassidy22

Due to Daniel Sams' commitment, Chase's younger brother, Cameron Coffman, will no longer consider #KState as an option in his recruitment.

Sounds like he's scared of some competition...what do we say?  We didn't want him anyway.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »
robcassidy22

Why did we have to get the worst Coffman son? :bang:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »
robcassidy22

not to be all  :powerespect:, but that really does make him look like a pussy.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 23, 2010, 03:28:56 PM »
robcassidy22

Why did we have to get the worst Coffman son? :bang:

Guess Danny Sammy is going to be the man.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2010, 03:33:17 PM »
I won't base an opinion on DS (OMG SAME INITIALS AS SPROLES) until PW makes a vid.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 23, 2010, 03:38:11 PM »
pw needs to stay the eff away from sams.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 23, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »

tell him aeronautical engineering is for pussies, nuclear is where it's AT!
I'm purple down

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 27, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
Juat a bump for the  :zzz: that the WRSOAT is giving us on the recruiting trail.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 27, 2010, 10:57:25 PM »
Progeny to the rescue: Tanner Burns

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 27, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »
AT SAN JOSE STATE: In his second season with the Spartans...Returning letterwinner ( :love: )capable of playing any of the safety positions for the Spartans.

2008: Saw action as a safety and special teams player...Increased his playing time as a safety as the season progressed...Came up with his first major college interception in the Idaho win (11/1)...Season-high two tackles ( :love: ) including a tackle for loss ( :love: ) at Nevada (11/15).

HIGH SCHOOL: 2007 second-team All-Central Coast Section selection, first-team All-West Catholic Athletic League first-team selection and his team’s Defensive Most Valuable Player during his three-season career at Valley Christian High in San Jose (Coach Mike Machado).

MORE ON TANNER: Has not declared a major...Enjoys snowboarding and water skiing...Burns hopes to follow in the footsteps of his dad, San Jose State defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach Keith Burns, and pursue a football-coaching career...Younger half of the first known father-son, football coach-football player dual relationship at San Jose State...Older brother, K.C., pitched for the 2008 San Jose City College baseball team...The native of Houston, Texas, was born on November 8, 1989.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 27, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »
AT SAN JOSE STATE: In his second season with the Spartans...Returning letterwinner ( :love: )capable of playing any of the safety positions for the Spartans.

2008: Saw action as a safety and special teams player...Increased his playing time as a safety as the season progressed...Came up with his first major college interception in the Idaho win (11/1)...Season-high two tackles ( :love: ) including a tackle for loss ( :love: ) at Nevada (11/15).

HIGH SCHOOL: 2007 second-team All-Central Coast Section selection, first-team All-West Catholic Athletic League first-team selection and his team’s Defensive Most Valuable Player during his three-season career at Valley Christian High in San Jose (Coach Mike Machado).

MORE ON TANNER: Has not declared a major...Enjoys snowboarding and water skiing...Burns hopes to follow in the footsteps of his dad, San Jose State defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach Keith Burns, and pursue a football-coaching career...Younger half of the first known father-son, football coach-football player dual relationship at San Jose State...Older brother, K.C., pitched for the 2008 San Jose City College baseball team...The native of Houston, Texas, was born on November 8, 1989.

Burns, a Valley Christian High product, started every game last season at safety as a sophomore and made 96 tackles.   :love:  He will transfer to Kansas State and play for his father, Keith, a former Spartan defensive coordinator who is now the Wildcats' defensive backs coach.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 27, 2010, 11:56:12 PM »

Burns, a Valley Christian High product, started every game last season at safety as a sophomore and made 96 tackles.   :love:  He will transfer to Kansas State and play for his father, Keith, a former Spartan defensive coordinator who is now the Wildcats' defensive backs coach.

When was Keith Burns hired as db coach?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 28, 2010, 12:05:44 AM »

When was Keith Burns hired as db coach?

Early January.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2010, 01:01:58 AM »
Burns is a trip and could do really good things with the secondary.  Dude has a bit of a swagger and pretty legit resume that makes him believe it.