Author Topic: Coaching Staff/Fire LHC Bill Snyder Thread  (Read 130990 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Rob Spoke To JL
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »
I want to feel something again.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »
I just want a coach/staff that can really recruit.  Being good at recruiting is just as fun as being good in games.

Agreed.  Remember GRCOAT?  That kicked the crap out of the Elite Eight.  Not kidding.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 17, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »
I just want a coach/staff that can really recruit.  Being good at recruiting is just as fun as being good in games.

Agreed.  Remember GRCOAT?  That kicked the crap out of the Elite Eight.  Not kidding.

Yeah, obviously GRCOAT is the best thing to have ever happened to me as a K-State fan.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:15:05 PM by _33 »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »
Waters aren't calm! Save us, Venzy!

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2011, 10:24:39 PM »
Not sure if we could actually get Leach ....

He went to Lubbock without being drugged, clubbed up 'side the head and having his family's lives threatened for eff's sake.  He'd come to Manhattan.  Have you been to that shithole in west Texas? 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 17, 2011, 11:17:56 PM »
TTU was also his first job as a HC.  Dude is on the shortlist of about any opening that comes along now.  I would be very surprised if Leech would be interested in the KSU job.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 17, 2011, 11:28:18 PM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 18, 2011, 09:09:45 AM »
Just so we're all on the same page here...we are talking about the same Brent Venables that has been the DC at one of the top programs in the nation, yet hasn't so much as gotten a soft mention as a head coaching candidate ANYWHERE in the nation, even though (and if I actually gave a eff, I would do some research to back this up) nearly EVERY D-1 job has turned over since he's they first played in the national championship game, right? 

Has Snyder been mentioned as a head coaching candidate anywhere?

No, because he sucks and no one wants him. 

OK, bad example.

So my choices are 2011 Snyder and Venzy?

:goodbyecruelworld:

We can either take a chance on a coach who has a lot of upside, but might fail miserably (Venzy) or get a coach who guarantees continued mediocrity (Leavitt). I would take the chance at being great every time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »
Would love Bill Callahan, Tommy Bowden, Leach, Venzy, Gary Barnett, Rich Rod (wouldn't take the job but I can dream), misc. current assistants in the SEC (I would be fine just naming programs without knowing who the coach actually is...ie DC at LSU, DC at Auburn, DC at Alabama, etc.)....all of these would be a significant upgrade over our current directionless pile of crap.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 18, 2011, 10:12:52 AM »
Would love Bill Callahan, Tommy Bowden, Leach, Venzy, Gary Barnett, Rich Rod (wouldn't take the job but I can dream), misc. current assistants in the SEC (I would be fine just naming programs without knowing who the coach actually is...ie DC at LSU, DC at Auburn, DC at Alabama, etc.)....all of these would be a significant upgrade over our current directionless pile of cac.

LOL at Callahan
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 18, 2011, 10:16:27 AM »
Would love Bill Callahan, Tommy Bowden, Leach, Venzy, Gary Barnett, Rich Rod (wouldn't take the job but I can dream), misc. current assistants in the SEC (I would be fine just naming programs without knowing who the coach actually is...ie DC at LSU, DC at Auburn, DC at Alabama, etc.)....all of these would be a significant upgrade over our current directionless pile of cac.

LOL at Callahan

Yeah, LOL at getting amazing recruits and being competitive in the Big 12.

Callahan will never happen because too many of our fans have an inferiority complex with Nebraska.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
I was so jealous of NU the entire time they had Bill Callahan.  Would be amazing to get him.  He wouldn't come if we offered though, sadly. 

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 18, 2011, 10:24:16 AM »

LOL at Callahan

Callahan will never happen because too many of our fans have an inferiority complex with Nebraska.

He was competitive? Didn't KU put up 70+ on his team?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 18, 2011, 10:27:40 AM »

LOL at Callahan

Didn't his team put 70+ on us?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 18, 2011, 10:28:20 AM »

LOL at Callahan

He won the north.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 18, 2011, 10:29:28 AM »

LOL at Callahan

You're not going to have a lot of fun here at goEMAW.com, but if you'd like I will pm you a list of other sites you could visit.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 18, 2011, 10:30:20 AM »

LOL at Callahan

He won the north.

Is that supposed to be an accomplishment? Anyways, he went 27-22 at Nebraska, which if you think that is great, so be it. More importantly, maybe we should hire John Blake to do our recruiting. That's what Callahan did.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 18, 2011, 10:31:45 AM »

LOL at Callahan

You're not going to have a lot of fun here at goEMAW.com, but if you'd like I will pm you a list of other sites you could visit.

Ha, it's not that K-State isn't bad right now, Bill Callahan is just not the answer.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 18, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »

LOL at Callahan

He won the north.

Is that supposed to be an accomplishment? Anyways, he went 27-22 at Nebraska, which if you think that is great, so be it. More importantly, maybe we should hire John Blake to do our recruiting. That's what Callahan did.

If Nebraska would have given Callahan another year, they would be just as good as they are now, with better recruiting.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 18, 2011, 10:35:29 AM »

LOL at Callahan

He won the north.

If Nebraska would have given Callahan another year, they would be just as good as they are now, with better recruiting.

That's like saying if we would have kept Prince we would be rolling right now. I mean Prince did recruit in the 30s in the National Recruiting Rankings.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 18, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »
what do you think about how solich would do for the ksucats.  

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »

LOL at Callahan

He won the north.

That's like saying if we would have kept Prince we would be rolling right now. I mean Prince did recruit in the 30s in the National Recruiting Rankings.

The only time Prince outrecruited Callahan was with Freeman.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 18, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »
I would take Major Applewhite aka "The Major".

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 18, 2011, 10:39:18 AM »

LOL at Callahan

He won the north.

If the players Prince recruited to put his classes in the 30s would have actually enrolled at K-State, Prince would probably still be our coach.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 18, 2011, 10:43:12 AM »
I would take Major Applewhite aka "The Major".

I like the idea of taking what Texas wants.