Author Topic: Coaching Staff/Fire LHC Bill Snyder Thread  (Read 134114 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Leavitt/Fire LHC Bill Snyder Thread
« Reply #825 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
It's like watching Nero, who himself is watching Rome burn around him.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #826 on: January 20, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
It's like watching Nero, who himself is watching Rome burn around him.

Yes.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 20, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »

If Currie senses an impending loss of ticket and donor money because 60% of the fanbase finally hits their "HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG" moment and jumps ship, then you can bet your ass that something will happen.

I agree with this. I just know that all the shirt tucks will not stop buying tickets or donating. You're talking about the 'tucks who, at every game, say, "I've been coming since there was a gravel parking lot here. We didn't win a single game. When we got a first down, we celebrated like we won the game."

No way these tucks stop tucking if we suck as long as the reins are in Snyder's hands.

There will always be 20,000-25,000 tucks at every football game.
The focus should be on the tucks/students who aren't gonna shell out a few hundred to a couple grand to watch the quatz slowly sink back into dereliction. You'd have to think that's about 50% of the people that show up to games. If you lose them, you're talking about some major pants-shitting going on up in Vanier.

I promise that these tucks are the only people that Currie is trying to keep happy. Unless he really wants to add a "hired a football coach" to his resume, we won't get a new coach anytime soon. In order for him to worry about his resume next November/December, he needs to desire leaving here sooner than a lot of people expected.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:21 PM »
so we hire an old dude?  shocking.

football section's name should be changed to "Snyder and the Old Dirty Bastards"

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 21, 2011, 12:13:11 AM »
Yes....it was the Burns deal. Apparently he talked to Snyder and told him if Cosh was going to be staying with KSU then he wanted out. So now you know that Cosh is staying also. Sucks. Burns is actually a damn good coach.....me thinks Snyder better learn to fire people.....but it's probably too late for that.

Even Burns wanted the best for us. :frown:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 21, 2011, 04:23:14 AM »
Damn, the tucks are digging deep.  Already hoisting up the fail safe "assistants don't really matter" straw man.

Wildcatdad and Leland doing some work.

Quote from:  wildcatdad

Not sure I have ever seen a fan base so obsessed about assistants....   

Most talk about their HC. They either like him or they do not. They either support him or they do not. Assisants, sometimes mentioned, but certainly not obsessed over. Frank Martins assistants are being questioned. What is it about KSU fans and assistant coaches?

We have LHC Bill Snyder and Frank Martin. Thats who is responsible for the product on the field and on the floor, not the assistants. The HC deals with his employees, not the fans.

Quote from:  Leland

No doubt. Very bizarre. Another thing that's strange is the way this groupthink emerges where a bunch of folks all convince themselves that a short list of potential assistants, which they compiled by browsing the internet, are the up and coming stars and super-recruiters we absolutely must have if we're going to "turn this thing around" (call me crazy, but I think we ARE turning it around already). What's weird is you step outside the Wabash, and this hotlist is almost meaningless to other fan bases. Shoot, if you go to USF boards, the consensus on Leavitt is lukewarm at best. I don't agree with them (and think Leavitt would be a great DC), but that's the consensus. To a lot of fans nationally, landing Leavitt as a DC would be no more of a home run than landing Dan McCarney as DC. Etc.

Leland

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 21, 2011, 07:19:07 AM »
Damn, the tucks are digging deep.  Already hoisting up the fail safe "assistants don't really matter" straw man.

Most talk about their HC. They either like him or they do not. They either support him or they do not. Assisants, sometimes mentioned, but certainly not obsessed over. Frank Martins assistants are being questioned. What is it about KSU fans and assistant coaches?

We have LHC Bill Snyder and Frank Martin. Thats who is responsible for the product on the field and on the floor, not the assistants. The HC deals with his employees, not the fans.

No doubt. Very bizarre. Another thing that's strange is the way this groupthink emerges where a bunch of folks all convince themselves that a short list of potential assistants, which they compiled by browsing the internet, are the up and coming stars and super-recruiters we absolutely must have if we're going to "turn this thing around" (call me crazy, but I think we ARE turning it around already). What's weird is you step outside the Wabash, and this hotlist is almost meaningless to other fan bases. Shoot, if you go to USF boards, the consensus on Leavitt is lukewarm at best. I don't agree with them (and think Leavitt would be a great DC), but that's the consensus. To a lot of fans nationally, landing Leavitt as a DC would be no more of a home run than landing Dan McCarney as DC. Etc.

Leland

These people don't actually believe what they're typing, right guys?

Guys?  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 21, 2011, 07:36:55 AM »

No doubt. Very bizarre. Another thing that's strange is the way this groupthink emerges where a bunch of folks all convince themselves that a short list of potential assistants, which they compiled by browsing the internet, are the up and coming stars and super-recruiters we absolutely must have if we're going to "turn this thing around" (call me crazy, but I think we ARE turning it around already).

Crazy.  Batshit, insano crazy.  I kinda want to poop in this dude's peanut butter if he hasn't already.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 21, 2011, 07:38:47 AM »
WOULD TAKE

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/local/story/Texas-Tech-Glasgow/jSGaOhx2wUiJ8nA3Zby62w.cspx

The d00d's a complete stud.  He's got twin boys named Brance and Colt.  GTFOOMF with how Alpha those names are.  

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 21, 2011, 07:44:36 AM »
I actually agree with Leland's take on Leavitt.  Hiring him as DC would be no different from hiring McCarney.

But eff.  Mike Leach.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 21, 2011, 07:47:22 AM »
I actually agree with Leland's take on Leavitt.  Hiring him as DC would be no different from hiring McCarney.

But eff.  Mike Leach.

I don't know if he's 100% aware that we didn't hire Dan McCarney. 

catzacker

« Reply #837 on: January 21, 2011, 08:07:32 AM »
Dear Bill
stay the course.  don't let these jerkstores get to you.  give chris and tom my love.

Yours Faithfully,
catzacker

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 21, 2011, 08:26:10 AM »

But eff.  Mike Leach.

I don't know if he's 100% aware that we didn't hire Dan McCarney. 

They don't let anybody into the Ring of Fame.  Lelando can prop up a well constructed straw man like no other.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 21, 2011, 08:36:04 AM »
So . . .

We've got story after story about K-State basketball at GPC that sound every bit like the story after story during the 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008 football seasons . . . and LHC Bill Snyder hasn't learned a thing.  

:woot: :emawkid: :woot: :emawkid:

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: January 21, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
So this pretty much means Cosh is staying right?  I mean, you would think the new secondary coach would have some sort of tie to as DC we were pursuing.  This guy has ties to no one, absolutely no one.

No one wants to work for LHC Bill Snyder.  Are you kidding me?

Would you want to work for 16 hours a day for the sake of working 16 hours a day?

No, you wouldn't.

This can't end fast enough.

for what they pay them I would work 16 hours a day.  Hell I could coach em up just as good as cosh.  But to be honest, I would tell Snyder I was out on the recruiting trail and I would actually be home banging my wife and getting my resume ready for when Snyder "retires" again.   :ksu:

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 21, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »
THE ANSWER TO OUR PRAYERS!:

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hayes_tom00.html
 :flush:

We wanted a homerun hire, what we got was a sacrifice bunt that turned into and inning ending double play.  :facepalm: :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 21, 2011, 09:08:57 AM »
Burns seems like a horrible dad.

"Hey, son, I'm going to go ahead and jump on this life boat while I have the chance, ok"!!!!!!

"You just stay here with your mom and listen to the string quartet"!!!!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 21, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »
Burns seems like a horrible dad.

"Hey, son, I'm going to go ahead and jump on this life boat while I have the chance, ok"!!!!!!

"You just stay here with your mom and listen to the string quartet"!!!!

Burns was just trying to get his son a competent defensive coordinator. Snyder called his bluff, and rather than look like a FP, Burns decided to quit. Good for him.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 21, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »

Leland

This really makes me want to join gpc just to rail on them. Do they have such short memories? Bitched endlessly about Tibs, Elliot, Bennet, Franklin, Miller, etc. Maybe that was just me?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 21, 2011, 09:33:25 AM »
Yes....it was the Burns deal. Apparently he talked to Snyder and told him if Cosh was going to be staying with KSU then he wanted out. So now you know that Cosh is staying also. Sucks. Burns is actually a damn good coach.....me thinks Snyder better learn to fire people.....but it's probably too late for that.

Even Burns wanted the best for us. :frown:

Where is this from? If it's true, we better have the billboard up by tomorrow.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 21, 2011, 09:45:24 AM »
This really makes me want to join gpc just to rail on them. Do they have such short memories? Bitched endlessly about Tibs, Elliot, Bennet, Franklin, Miller, etc. Maybe that was just me?

Dude, their position adapts to whatever circumstance or event they are attempting to rationalize at that particular moment.

They turned on Bobby Elliot and the rest of the pack of incompetents only after Snyder retired and they conveniently became their popular scapegoat for the failure of the program.  Same identical story with Prince.  It’s an endless cycle.

catzacker

« Reply #847 on: January 21, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »
it's never been bill's fault with them, not sure why that would change now.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 21, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »
Turns out the DOD hurt us in the long run.   :frown:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »
My favorite talking point right now is that us "young, spoiled fans" don't understand the gravity of firing someone who moved his family across the country to come work for you.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."