Author Topic: Winter Death Storm 2011 (Updated for Winter Death Storm 2014)  (Read 215142 times)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Death Storm 2011 (Updated for Winter Pud Storm 2013)
« Reply #1350 on: January 06, 2014, 09:46:11 AM »
Well my rough ridin' garage door fell victim to the cold.  I think the track shrank and some extra stress sheared a bolt.  Spring/pully/cable system is all mumped on one side.  Also I've been told that rough ridin' with those springs is something that even handy people should just have someone else do.  So that rough ridin' sucks.  eff.

had to get those spring things replaced last winter when one snapped.  pretty much sounds like you'll die if you try to do it yourself

Did you post that here?  Maybe where I read it.  The bolt that holds the pulley to the spring sheared, so the spring and cable is fine, just need new bolt.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 06, 2014, 09:49:35 AM »
Well my rough ridin' garage door fell victim to the cold.  I think the track shrank and some extra stress sheared a bolt.  Spring/pully/cable system is all mumped on one side.  Also I've been told that rough ridin' with those springs is something that even handy people should just have someone else do.  So that rough ridin' sucks.  eff.

Tomorrow my Chamberlain 1.25 HP Belt Drive with Battery Backup Smartphone Ready Garage Door Opener with MyQ Technology is being installed.   :D

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 06, 2014, 10:00:26 AM »

Tomorrow my Chamberlain 1.25 HP Belt Drive with Battery Backup Smartphone Ready Garage Door Opener with MyQ Technology is being installed.   :D

Nice.  What'd that run you?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 06, 2014, 10:06:11 AM »

$225. 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 06, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »
i think just getting my spring things replaced was more than $225 (had them do both)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 06, 2014, 10:11:56 AM »

$225.

How much is install?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 06, 2014, 10:18:05 AM »

$225.

How much is install?

$97, so $325 installed.  Home Depot contracts through a local garage door company and the whole system is tax free when you have it installed.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 06, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »

$225.

How much is install?

$97, so $325 installed.  Home Depot contracts through a local garage door company and the whole system is tax free when you have it installed.

Fantastic, thanks _33.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 21, 2014, 03:23:58 PM »
It is about 50 degrees, but the office I work in was suppose to close an hour ago because it was going to start raining. It isn't forecasted to get below freezing until 8 pm tonight. Wish me luck, I AM STILL AT THE OFFICE!

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:13 PM »
It is about 50 degrees, but the office I work in was suppose to close an hour ago because it was going to start raining. It isn't forecasted to get below freezing until 8 pm tonight. Wish me luck, I AM STILL AT THE OFFICE!

:runaway:
@mikec2w

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 21, 2014, 04:22:06 PM »

Get to work you lazy bum
@Trogdor_gE

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 30, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
i am no longer a fan of snow. :|
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 30, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »

I can handle it until the middle of January, but now it needs to be over. Supposedly 2 more snow storms possible next week.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Death Storm 2011 - Kansas City
« Reply #1365 on: January 30, 2014, 11:18:54 AM »
Welp, hitting the road to Colorado in about 1 hr. Just got twitter so I can tweet updates the whole way, #donnerparty2013

I SWEAR TO FULLY GROWN LONG HAIRED JESUS IN A ROBE, IF THERE IS ANOTHER SNOWSTORM WHEN I HEAD OUT TO COLORADO IN ONE WEEK I WILL LOSE IT.

Last year we drove right through the storm in the middle of the night and I was scared shitless sitting in the backseat. Whiteout conditions going 15 MPH on I-70 from Hays to Colby following faint tire tracks in the snow. We made it through KS and crashed at some hotel in Burlington before they closed I-70 tho.

Then on the way back there was another dumbass storm when we were getting in town.  :shakesfist:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 30, 2014, 11:20:01 AM »
This is really going to eff with my Pak plans for this weekend.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 30, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »

this stuff sounds totally pud tho

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 30, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
won't snow crap... weather folks are just bored.... Total Pud Storm.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 30, 2014, 11:24:19 AM »

I can handle it until the middle of January, but now it needs to be over. Supposedly 2 more snow storms possible next week.
city was spraying de-icer stuff on the roads this morning.. ugh

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 30, 2014, 11:26:28 AM »
Welp, hitting the road to Colorado in about 1 hr. Just got twitter so I can tweet updates the whole way, #donnerparty2013

I SWEAR TO FULLY GROWN LONG HAIRED JESUS IN A ROBE, IF THERE IS ANOTHER SNOWSTORM WHEN I HEAD OUT TO COLORADO IN ONE WEEK I WILL LOSE IT.

Last year we drove right through the storm in the middle of the night and I was scared shitless sitting in the backseat. Whiteout conditions going 15 MPH on I-70 from Hays to Colby following faint tire tracks in the snow. We made it through KS and crashed at some hotel in Burlington before they closed I-70 tho.

Then on the way back there was another dumbass storm when we were getting in town.  :shakesfist:

oh man, I'm heading out to CO next week too.  hitting the road on Thursday morning.  sounds like weather is gonna be an issue.  better not f'n shut I-70. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 30, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »

oh man, I'm heading out to CO next week too.  hitting the road on Thursday morning.  sounds like weather is gonna be an issue.  better not f'n shut I-70.

Leaving at noon on thursday. I'll keep an eye out and if I see a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse(sp?) in the ditch I'll tell my buds to pull over and help you out.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 30, 2014, 11:30:39 AM »

this stuff sounds totally pud tho

4x4 should be good to go.  :driving:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 30, 2014, 11:33:38 AM »
won't snow crap... weather folks are just bored.... Total Pud Storm.

Are you the Mayor of Atlanta?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 30, 2014, 11:36:24 AM »
getting really tired of these periods where it doesn't get above 50 for like 3-4 days