Author Topic: OU's Warren out  (Read 3264 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
OU's Warren out
« on: February 14, 2010, 03:25:31 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4912074

STILLWATER, Okla. -- Oklahoma guard Willie Warren is out indefinitely after being diagnosed with mononucleosis.

Warren, the Sooners' leading scorer with a 16.2-point average, did not travel with the team for Saturday's 97-76 loss at Oklahoma State.

Coach Jeff Capel says he doesn't know how long Warren will be out because "it varies for each guy." The viral illness can linger for weeks and even months in some individuals.

Warren received votes for The Associated Press' preseason All-America team and had been considered a potential NBA draft prospect last year before returning for his sophomore season at Oklahoma.

He ranks 10th in the Big 12 in scoring.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: OU's Warren out
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »
Going to kill these d00dz
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »
he could be back by next week.  so could gallon.  just have to wait and see.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Bookcat

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »
I'm calling it now....there is no way Warren and Gallon will be out when we travel there next Saturday. A Top 10 team coming to Norman.....Capel will have his troops ready.

Much more nervous for TTech actually.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:16:41 AM »
Gallon will play.  Warren will probably play too, but there it is very unlikely he'll be 100% if he sat our Saturday with mono.  He'll still be hurting.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »
Rest is recommended during the acute phase of the infection, but activity should be resumed once acute symptoms have resolved. Nevertheless heavy physical activity and contact sports should be avoided to mitigate the risk of splenic rupture, for at least one month following initial infection and until splenomegaly has resolved, as determined by ultrasound scan.

I thought there was something about physical activity and mono.  Warren won't be back unless it's a very very mild case.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »
Rest is recommended during the acute phase of the infection, but activity should be resumed once acute symptoms have resolved. Nevertheless heavy physical activity and contact sports should be avoided to mitigate the risk of splenic rupture, for at least one month following initial infection and until splenomegaly has resolved, as determined by ultrasound scan.

I thought there was something about physical activity and mono.  Warren won't be back unless it's a very very mild case.

He's been dragging ass for some time though. 

Offline ClayKat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »

Didn't one of the estroballers have mono or something and was out for 2-3 weeks?  I think I've heard that about mono, too - you can't go halfway or you run the potential of it lasting even longer.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 11:33:46 AM »
isu has a guy with mono who's been playing all season.  probably infected warren, come to think of it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Bookcat

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
I wanna beat OU's ass straight up. I want all of their inferior team ready to go...so after we beat them it'll be even more satisfying......like eating a big steak.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 11:46:44 AM »
isu has a guy with mono who's been playing all season.  probably infected warren, come to think of it.

Yep,  announcers made mention of this when we played them.  They said that, as of that time, he had been playing with it for something like a month already.

Makes me wonder how.  I knew two guys back in the day who had it.  Both cases lasted more than a month.  Both guys lost 30+ lbs and could barely leave the house.  Makes you wonder how tough a guy has to be to not play a game, but go through a D1 BB practice with something like that.  Must require a true idiot, or a physical god.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 11:52:18 AM »
Gallon will play. 

Any updates on his status?  Rumor I read was he received free shoes from an agent.

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »
If this piece of crap plays and gets one of our players sick I will be soooooo pissed.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »
Need to go right at his spleen...

Give him one of these  :comehere:
then go at him like this   :runaway:
and watch him  :barf: on the court.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »

Bookcat

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »
I want him to play in that thin air in Colorado and have the game go to double overtime.

The players on suspension...they'll be magically reinstated.

Tiny Gallon...he will play. No problem.

and like I said. I want them to. I want their entire team ready to go so when we win down there we don't hear any tapouts.

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 01:24:38 AM »
I want him to play in that thin air in Colorado and have the game go to double overtime.

The players on suspension...they'll be magically reinstated.

Tiny Gallon...he will play. No problem.

and like I said. I want them to. I want their entire team ready to go so when we win down there we don't hear any tapouts.

Who cares if they have all their players? I just want to win.  We will clearly be better than OU in everything this year (higher in conference, NCAA tourney bid, etc).  They won't really be able to say "if we had all our players we TOTALLY would have won."  OU is completely irrelevant this year and no excuse is going to change that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
looking at the info out today, it seems like warren will likely be back by saturday.  gallon unlikely.