Author Topic: Worst five?  (Read 4409 times)

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Worst five?
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 10:30:55 AM »
Sprilla
Pota
Southy
Canada

Would have gladly taken a lineup like this 10 years ago.

Larry Reid
Nick Williams
Gilson DeJesus
Matt Seibrandt
Pervis Pasco

That's actually probably pretty close to the all-Wooly team.  Switch DeJesus to the 2, stick Cartier at the 3 (replacing Williams), then replace Seibrandt with Massey. So Wooly had arguably 3 of the top 5 players of his tenure on the same team and finished what, 7th, that year?  Was that the peak 6-10 year?   

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 10:35:30 AM »
Sprilla
Pota
Southy
Canada

Would have gladly taken a lineup like this 10 years ago.

Larry Reid
Nick Williams
Gilson DeJesus
Matt Seibrandt
Pervis Pasco

That's actually probably pretty close to the all-Wooly team.  Switch DeJesus to the 2, stick Cartier at the 3 (replacing Williams), then replace Seibrandt with Massey. So Wooly had arguably 3 of the top 5 players of his tenure on the same team and finished what, 7th, that year?  Was that the peak 6-10 year?   

Yeah, I think he finished 7th in year 2.  The lack of depth was ridiculous those first two years.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »
And add Hoskins to all-Wooly. So basically, you have Reid.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 10:38:16 AM »
That's actually probably pretty close to the all-Wooly team.  Switch DeJesus to the 2, stick Cartier at the 3 (replacing Williams), then replace Seibrandt with Massey. So Wooly had arguably 3 of the top 5 players of his tenure on the same team and finished what, 7th, that year?  Was that the peak 6-10 year?  

Wooly had several peak 6-10 seasons.

I think I'd highly consider Harris and Hoskins in the all-Wooly team over DeJesus and Pasco.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
That's actually probably pretty close to the all-Wooly team.  Switch DeJesus to the 2, stick Cartier at the 3 (replacing Williams), then replace Seibrandt with Massey. So Wooly had arguably 3 of the top 5 players of his tenure on the same team and finished what, 7th, that year?  Was that the peak 6-10 year?  

Wooly had several peak 6-10 seasons.

I think I'd highly consider Harris and Hoskins in the all-Wooly team over DeJesus and Pasco.

Harris def. more athletic than DeJesus, but IIRC DeJesus was a more consistent shooter.  Loved Hoskins, but he *was* undersized and seemed to struggle against teams with legit size (although a tremendously effective player for his size). Pervis was bigger, fairly well-coordinated, and also an effective player.  The Fiasco may unfairly color the overall view of him, I feel.

Like I said, it's arguable. Lots of players with similar effectiveness.  MichiganCat hit the big problem:  lack of depth.  Assemble 7 or 8 of those interchangable, decent players in one year, and Wooly could have made a run at .500.   :ksu:  

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »
 :surprised:

I'm so confused.

After reading this site now for a year, I was convinced you guys had always been an elite basketball program. Now you guys are putting my head in a tailspin and I'm all confused. Haverhill= Most Confused ISU Poster on a Kansas State Board since 2010.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 11:32:29 AM »
:surprised:

I'm so confused.

After reading this site now for a year, I was convinced you guys had always been an elite basketball program. Now you guys are putting my head in a tailspin and I'm all confused. Haverhill= Most Confused ISU Poster on a Kansas State Board since 2010.
Stop being such a damn Iowegan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »
Pullen (Best)
McGruder
Kelly
Samuels
Irving
Asprilla
Russell
Spradling
Judge
JHR
Ojeleye
Peterson
Myles
Southwell
Williams
Potuzak
(Worst)

That's how I see it.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »
How could we put Nino in the bottom five when he's been hurt and played a total of like 5 min?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »
How could we put Nino in the bottom five when he's been hurt and played a total of like 5 min?

He never really played before he got hurt. I think it makes sense to just trust Frank's evaluation on the players we've never really seen play, but if he gets his redshirt, it would probably be fair to just exclude him from this conversation.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 03:23:05 PM »

He never really played before he got hurt. I think it makes sense to just trust Frank's evaluation on the players we've never really seen play, but if he gets his redshirt, it would probably be fair to just exclude him from this conversation.

Frank plays/played players that should never even see the court, like Merriwhether and Colon. Also, there's no way Spradling is better than Irving, and especially Russell, yet he gets more playing time.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
Pullen (Best)
McGruder
Kelly
Samuels
Irving
Asprilla
Russell
Spradling
Judge
JHR
Ojeleye
Peterson
Myles
Southwell
Williams
Potuzak
(Worst)

That's how I see it.
Look mensa when you're on a basketball board and somebody asks you for your best 5, starting 5, or worst 5, they mean a lineup ok.  Now in basketball a lineup traditionally includes a combination of guards, forwards, and sometimes a center, so don't give me 4 guards and pota and call it your worst 5, and to think you called me a dumbass :gocho:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 03:25:31 PM »

Frank plays/played players that should never even see the court, like Merriwhether and Colon. Also, there's no way Spradling is better than Irving, and especially Russell, yet he gets more playing time.
You take that crap back about Colon.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
Pullen (Best)
McGruder
Kelly
Samuels
Irving
Asprilla
Russell
Spradling
Judge
JHR
Ojeleye
Peterson
Myles
Southwell
Williams
Potuzak
(Worst)

That's how I see it.
Look mensa when you're on a basketball board and somebody asks you for your best 5, starting 5, or worst 5, they mean a lineup ok.  Now in basketball a lineup traditionally includes a combination of guards, forwards, and sometimes a center, so don't give me 4 guards and pota and call it your worst 5, and to think you called me a dumbass :gocho:

I gave my worst 5 players, not my worst lineup. Just throw JHR in there to round out the posts. Williams would stay at the 3. Peterson, Myles, and Southwell haven't played enough for me to really determine who should move out of the bottom 5.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:02 PM »

So what does that say about the players who never see the court?

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 04:20:21 PM »

So what does that say about the players who never see the court?

Frank hates them.