Author Topic: cns casey  (Read 7364 times)

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
cns casey
« on: February 14, 2010, 08:26:51 AM »
wtf, dude?  you alec burks recruiting fable on gpc is complete bullshit.  none of that ever happened.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: cns casey
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 09:16:59 AM »
LOL @ yosh saying he isn't better than any of our current freshmen.  :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »
But really, I blame bz more than I blame cnscasey.  Bz has tricked everyone into thinking he "discovered" Burks in an empty gym when he was a 6-0 sophomore.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:38:26 AM »
no, you have to blame casey.  1) because he invented details that bzey never had the balls to try and float to the media, and 2) because people only believe these kinds of no data fables when it's something they want to believe.  for some reason, a lot of people either want to believe that bzey is some sort of no-air conditioner gym scouring, talent scouting, bball genius; or that no kc area recruit would choose bottom feeding cu over top 4 finishing ksu (not sure which of these groups casey falls in).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »
what's truly amazing, is it takes like a 3 minute trip to Burks' Rivals profile to completely debunk everything he said.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »
would love a recap of the thread. tia.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »
what's truly amazing, is it takes like a 3 minute trip to Burks' Rivals profile to completely debunk everything he said.

yeah.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »
would love a recap of the thread. tia.

gpc poster asks how alec burks went to cu.  various posters either don't know or post short notes about how he came down to kstate & cu.  cns casey posts this:

CU was on him when he was 16. We came on late. He had already been verbally comitted to CU for something like 1.5 yrs before we showed interest. Kid was outside looking in on all talent camps. CU found him at some "secondary" camp that gets all the kids that don't get invites to the elite camps. Good find early by CU. We just showed late. Too bad too. Would have been great here.

a yosh sock posts that he doesn't think burks would get minutes at kstate anyways.  some other guy lauds burks for maintaining his early cu commitment in the face of the tempting late offer from kstate.  thead over, for now.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 10:05:45 AM »
always loved yosh's posts when i was on there. like a poor man's royalswild.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »
Not my sock over there...diodn't post there. 

And lol at some non name football poster calling me a poor man's anything.  I'm rough ridin' Yosh. Think about that...

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 11:11:51 AM »

some other guy lauds burks for maintaining his early cu commitment in the face of the tempting late offer from kstate.  thead over, for now.

wonder if ryan boatright will maintain his early commitment to tim floyd and USC

prolly not

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
cns casey bump

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 07:37:19 PM »
You guys stalking me?

I actually was relaying that little yarn from an interview I heard with the CU beat writer on the radio several weeks ago.

Figured he would know.

So if that dude is wrong, what is right?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 07:41:56 PM »
You guys stalking me?

I actually was relaying that little yarn from an interview I heard with the CU beat writer on the radio several weeks ago.

Figured he would know.

So if that dude is wrong, what is right?

I love the relaying, FWIW.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »
Profiles are wrong more often than they are right, it seems. Can't say trusting a story from a beat writer is worse than trusting some profile. Writers are the folks who update them.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
Also, the writer noted that it wasn't BZ who discovered him. He said it was an assistant who turned BZ on to the kid.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Also, the writer noted that it wasn't BZ who discovered him. He said it was an assistant who turned BZ on to the kid.

you seem to remember a lot about this little yarn.

who was the beat writer? who was the assistant? what radio station and what show did you hear it on?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »
Don't remember the names. Not real good with names of folks that I don't expect to care about.

It was on 810 some time around our first game with CU.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 08:16:40 PM »
I may be guilty of taking some folks on at face value, but I don't have any reason to make crap up, if that is what you are getting at.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »
I agree with the thesis of this thread.  CNS Casey is a total jackass.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 08:26:03 PM »
Profiles are wrong more often than they are right, it seems. Can't say trusting a story from a beat writer is worse than trusting some profile. Writers are the folks who update them.

the gpc recruiting update from the 2008 kstate elite camp (6-10-2008) contains verifiable info that falsifies parts of the cu asst's spin.  like the fact that he attended the 2008 kstate elite camp.  it contains additional info, that may not quite be verifiable, but is pretty reliable (i.e. direct quotes from burks) that falsifies other parts of the story.  stuff like him saying he has no offers, not even mentioning cu among the list of schools recruiting him, and talking about his plans to attend other elite camps.

some of the other updates, and news from other sources, fleshes out the story, but really that one update completely disproves the cu story.

if you'd have credited your misinfo in your original post, i would have attacked the unknown asst, rather than you.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 08:31:01 PM »
I bet the unknown buff assistant is reading this right now loling his ass off at how bad he played cns 'sey.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 08:31:53 PM »
Fair enough.

Offline PowercatVision

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • CollegeSportsVision.com
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 11:19:12 PM »
Pretty much what CNS Casey said is correct from what I heard.

Friday on Border Patrol on 810 they interviewed a CU announcer.  That CU announcer pretty much stated what CNS Casey stated.
I didn't recall him mentioning the assistant part but everything else was for the most part the same.

He did say it came down to CU and KState but kept his loyalty to CU because of the early offer.
The tone of the comment made it sound like we could have had him had we been in on him early.

It was nice listening to it with a new perspective.  In the Tan Tom / Wooly eras I would have been pissed feeling we missed out on a guy.
With Coach's ability to recruit I just felt like oh well we missed a guy but we have a Shane Southwell coming in plus our Freshmen still to groom.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 11:24:25 PM »
Pretty much what CNS Casey said is correct from what I heard.

Friday on Border Patrol on 810 they interviewed a CU announcer.  That CU announcer pretty much stated what CNS Casey stated.
I didn't recall him mentioning the assistant part but everything else was for the most part the same.

He did say it came down to CU and KState but kept his loyalty to CU because of the early offer.
The tone of the comment made it sound like we could have had him had we been in on him early.

It was nice listening to it with a new perspective.  In the Tan Tom / Wooly eras I would have been pissed feeling we missed out on a guy.
With Coach's ability to recruit I just felt like oh well we missed a guy but we have a Shane Southwell coming in plus our Freshmen still to groom.

fair enough. i'm apparently going to be in ft lauderdale beach area this sat. what are my game options?