Author Topic: Ding Dong!  (Read 2757 times)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ding Dong!
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:04:53 PM »
The witches are dead!  Which ole witches?  The estroball witches!  Please make this mean i never have to hear about women's ball again.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Ding Dong!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:26 AM »
It's been on Sportscenter as the lead story.  I mean, you have bowl games all over the place, we're on the verge of the NFL playoffs, there's college basketball on (women don't count; it's a completely different game), and you act like I should give a crap about UConn?

Wow.  They won 90 straight games.  That's impressive.  I'm sure there's some cricket record out there that's equally amazing, or some water polo streak that's just unreal, but I don't have to hear about it on Sportscenter every hour on the hour.

Thank God they lost.  Now we won't have to hear about it until ESPN runs promos for the Women's NCAA Tournament.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »
Does this mean I can stop caring about their streak?  Wait, I just realized I never cared and girls basketball is completely irrelevant.  So they won 90 games in a row.  Can any of those bitches make me 90 sandwiches in a row??

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »
uconn, uconn...hmmm...wait, isn't espn located in....bristol, CONNECTICUT

This is the answer.  They don't care about the NFL because the Jets and Giants are not going to be in the Super Bowl.  CFB means nothing to them, especially when its midweek bowl games and not the handful of teams they fellate annually.  yankers and bosux are in offseason.  This was the biggest story in their little backwater corner of the country so that's what they pimp.