Author Topic: Bz...  (Read 2877 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bz...
« on: February 13, 2010, 10:34:46 PM »
Gotta give Bz some credit for STLHin' up that 1st half.  Granted, Frank said he was trying some new zone offense, but nonetheless CU muddied it up and slowed it down.  Fortunately we had Lou-bron to bail us out the start the 2nd half...
 :doom:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Bz...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:50:20 PM »
like i said at half time, this game had SLTH written all over it. Lead most of the half, be close at half time, then get blown out in the second half.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:01:23 PM »
Colonsborough brought it tonight.  stepped up big in the 2nd IMO.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 03:54:29 AM »
Kansas State vs. Colorado

Colorado Quotes
Head Coach Jeff Bzdelik

Opening Statement...
"I thought we put ourselves in a good position after the first 20 minutes. But the start of the second 20 minutes we turned the ball over, giving K-State some easy baskets. We missed several shots which put us on our heels and allowed them to really push it hard at us and get a couple of easy baskets. They got a couple of offensive boards which gave them a couple more easy baskets. We had an inability to make shots, inability to take care of the basketball and our inability to put bodies on people allowed them to get separation early on."

On K-State's defense...
"Well I am not going to be one of those coaches that says, 'We did not do this, we did not do that.'  We did not play well, and half of that was K-State's defense, and their strength on the offensive boards."

On K-State...
"They are as good as anybody, and we have played a very difficult schedule. Our schedule will be ranked as one of the Top 25 most difficult in the country. K-State is certainly a good team with a lot of experience in the backcourt and athleticism, strength and size in the frontcourt. I expect them to finish very strongly and make some noise in the postseason."

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 03:54:48 AM »
like i said at half time, this game had SLTH written all over it. Lead most of the half, be close at half time, then get blown out in the second half.

don't forget pressing till the very end of the game...never give up!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »
This was one of those games thathad we not pulled ahead as much in the second half would've unleashed the SLTH lovers and their Frank hate.  Tons of "did you see how under control their guards were?  Did you see how many backdoor cuts for easy buckets they made?"

And. "Our offense is like streetball.  Never going to win long term with that disorganized, out-of-control, fast-break stuff."

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 12:47:39 PM »
This was one of those games thathad we not pulled ahead as much in the second half would've unleashed the SLTH lovers and their Frank hate.  Tons of "did you see how under control their guards were?  Did you see how many backdoor cuts for easy buckets they made?"

And. "Our offense is like streetball.  Never going to win long term with that disorganized, out-of-control, fast-break stuff."

Hate AAU ball

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
"5 passes, 3 screens, 2 backdoor cuts, and a nice easy lay-up off the glass."

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 01:20:51 PM »
Our biggest improvement on D is defending the back door.  IMO.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »

i never know when cire is serious.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline westcoast_emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »

As well as protecting the rim and altering shots not necessarly blocking them. The attempted block shot is usually one of the worst plays in basketball. K-State actually does a fair job of altering shots while not getting out of position this year compared to last season with limited athleticism and length in past year's frontcourt.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »
Kansas State vs. Colorado

Colorado Quotes
Head Coach Jeff Bzdelik

Opening Statement...
"I thought we put ourselves in a good position after the first 20 minutes. But the start of the second 20 minutes we turned the ball over, giving K-State some easy baskets. We missed several shots which put us on our heels and allowed them to really push it hard at us and get a couple of easy baskets. They got a couple of offensive boards which gave them a couple more easy baskets. We had an inability to make shots, inability to take care of the basketball and our inability to put bodies on people allowed them to get separation early on."

On K-State's defense...
"Well I am not going to be one of those coaches that says, 'We did not do this, we did not do that.'  We did not play well, and half of that was K-State's defense, and their strength on the offensive boards."

On K-State...
"They are as good as anybody, and we have played a very difficult schedule. Our schedule will be ranked as one of the Top 25 most difficult in the country. K-State is certainly a good team with a lot of experience in the backcourt and athleticism, strength and size in the frontcourt. I expect them to finish very strongly and make some noise in the postseason."

Don't stare directly right at the SLTH sun...you could suffer eye bball damage.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »

Hate AAU ball

"Exactly!  That's where they get it!  They don't teach fundamentals to these kids any more?  When I was playing H.S. ball for the 4A state champs, we knew a thing or two about dribbling without carrying, working our pivot foot and setting good hard screens at mid court against pressure.  And it was pass and cut!  PASS AND CUT!  Not this iso/clear out jail-ball!  I'll tell you where I think it comes from, DUUUUHH....LAAAAN-TAAA.  If only those youngsters would listen to Underwood, he understands BASKETBALL, not this AAU sheeit.  I'm a gunna go beat my wife and kick my dawg." 

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »
This guy is loaded with excuses. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 02:19:08 PM »
This guy is loaded with excuses. 

It really goes beyond excuses b/c its standard SLTH talk.  Thing is, I think in most cases they really believe it.  All they need is "one more year" and they'll get it turned around.

Bookcat

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »
SLTH stat:

CU's free throw percentage is off the charts!

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 02:24:36 PM »
Building it the "right" way!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008