Author Topic: Why not to have a bowl game in the Northeast  (Read 3782 times)

Offline pencat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Why not to have a bowl game in the Northeast
« on: December 25, 2010, 12:27:40 PM »
Huge storm will close down air traffic for  48 hours in NewYork starting tomorrow.

Team will have huge problem making it to and around the City.

Massive snow removal effort will be required to get the stadium ready.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Why not to have a bowl game in the Northeast
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
:rolleyes:

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »
Huge storm will close down air traffic for  48 hours in NewYork starting tomorrow.

Team will have huge problem making it to and around the City.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

GOOD POINT! :gocho:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 10:18:38 PM »

Weird Robert might help if you give him food.  :weirdrobert: <- with snow shovel and a hot dog (or whatever meets his dietary restrictions)

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 08:11:55 AM »

get off it.

The Northeast is being absolutely pounded with a snowstorm and we act surprised that its a terrible idea to play a football game there.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 09:00:13 AM »

get off it.

The Northeast is being absolutely pounded with a snowstorm and we act surprised that its a terrible idea to play a football game there.

New York and the Northeast are more than capable of handling a "snowstorm".  This was a blizzard, and a pretty significant one at that.

The odds of a large blizzard happening the weekend before the bowl game are probably pretty remote.  So, using massive snowstorms as a talking point as to why the Pinstripe Bowl is a bad idea is kind of stupid.  It's probably similar to having a bowl game in San Diego and saying it's a bad idea because you may have an Earthquake while you're there.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 09:06:49 AM »
Quit being a pussy.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 09:17:41 AM »
Damn, this sucks.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 09:21:47 AM »
The governor of Pennsylvania says the Chinese would march down the street and enjoy this bowl game while doing Calculus better than this nation of wusses.  I'm paraphrasing of course.

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 10:40:54 AM »

get off it.

Weather update.  Predicted temp Thursday at Pinstripe, 35o and at the Little Apple 65o.  Enough said. :facepalm:

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 11:01:50 AM »

get off it.

Weather update.  Predicted temp Thursday at Pinstripe, 35o and at the Little Apple 65o.  Enough said. :facepalm:

The 65 degrees in the Little Apple is going to be damn near a record high for December 30th.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
WGAF
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 11:40:11 AM »

get off it.

Your point being?

Look, the vast, vast, vast majority of fans will not, have not, and most likely will never go to a bowl game.  I probably never will because I'd rather spend my vacations in Cabo San Lucas or Europe than watching a football game that I could see for free on television.  Therefore, I could care less about where they are playing.  It could be in Siberia for all I care.

The bottom line is that we're in a bowl game (which is a good thing), and we get an extra fifteen practices (which is a great thing).  When, where, and who we play is inconsequential unless you really care about going, and I don't.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 11:52:37 AM »

get off it.

Weather is going to be just great in Dodge City, maybe we should lobby for a bowl game there.

Offline oneeyedwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 01:37:10 PM »

Offline oneeyedwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 01:39:15 PM »

get off it.

Are you suggesting the bowl should be in the Little Apple???

The K-Stateo Bowl???? :ksu:

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 02:26:56 PM »

get off it.

We could get more fans to go to The K-Stateo Bowl.  Sell out verus 35 to 40 thousand tops; and that's in frickin New York where millions reside.  You know, there's a reason there's no bowls played there since 1964.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 02:29:25 PM »

get off it.

The goEMAW.com Katpak Carson Queso Bowl

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 02:44:43 PM »

get off it.

We could get more fans to go to The K-Stateo Bowl.  Sell out verus 35 to 40 thousand tops; and that's in frickin New York where millions reside.  You know, there's a reason there's no bowls played there since 1964.

Please just admit that you're getting owned in this thread and cease posting on the topic.

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »

get off it.

Please just admit that you're getting owned in this thread and cease posting on the topic.

Just admit there would be alot more that 5,000 K-Stateo fans going to a bowl in someplace other than NEW York.  :flush:

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »

get off it.

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/1555

Call me when you get to a real bowl.....

"Oh absolutely," Martin said. "I've had people from New York call me asking me if they can come to the game thinking it's a basketball game. They see the advertisement, it's basketball season and New York has not had a bowl game in years, so they assume it's basketball. Obviously Syracuse is involved. I can't even tell you how many people have reached out to me and said, 'Hey, when you get into town I want to come to your game.' I have to tell them, 'It's football. Not basketball.' They all say, 'Are you kidding me?'"

Some still want to go.

"I've had a couple say they want tickets anyway," Martin said. "But, for the most part, they find out it's football and say, 'Oh, well we'll just wait and watch you when you come up here.'"

Offline oneeyedwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 04:11:03 PM »

get off it.

http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/1555

Call me when you get to a real bowl.....

"Oh absolutely," Martin said. "I've had people from New York call me asking me if they can come to the game thinking it's a basketball game. They see the advertisement, it's basketball season and New York has not had a bowl game in years, so they assume it's basketball. Obviously Syracuse is involved. I can't even tell you how many people have reached out to me and said, 'Hey, when you get into town I want to come to your game.' I have to tell them, 'It's football. Not basketball.' They all say, 'Are you kidding me?'"

Some still want to go.

"I've had a couple say they want tickets anyway," Martin said. "But, for the most part, they find out it's football and say, 'Oh, well we'll just wait and watch you when you come up here.'"

And it helps us recruit for basketball too??   Win-win.    :ksu:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 04:18:01 PM »
Just admit there would be alot more that 5,000 K-Stateo fans going to a bowl in someplace other than NEW York.  :flush:

You missed the point where I said that I could care less how many KSU fans went to the game and the overall significance of that talking point.

I don't care if Hayseed Jim from Council Grove takes his family to New York, Phoenix, or Maui for a bowl game.  If he wants to do that, fine.  However, in terms of what bowl game I'd rather see KSU play in, the location is a non-factor because I'll most likely never spend a dime going to that game, and I could care less if you, Hayseed Jim, or any other fan want to attend it either.

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 08:35:40 PM »

You missed the point where I said that I could care less how many KSU fans went to the game and the overall significance of that talking point.

I don't care if Hayseed Jim from Council Grove takes his family to New York, Phoenix, or Maui for a bowl game.  If he wants to do that, fine.  However, in terms of what bowl game I'd rather see KSU play in, the location is a non-factor because I'll most likely never spend a dime going to that game, and I could care less if you, Hayseed Jim, or any other fan want to attend it either.

Very  :powerespect: of you.  I'm sure there are alot of fans that would go and make it a small vacation, if it was at a more desirable place.  Just because your too cac'y a fan to care if or want to go to even one of our bowls, doesn't hold true for the majority of the fans.  :runaway:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »

Very  :powerespect: of you.  I'm sure there are alot of fans that would go and make it a small vacation, if it was at a more desirable place.  Just because your too cac'y a fan to care if or want to go to even one of our bowls, doesn't hold true for the majority of the fans.  :runaway:

If New York on New Year's Eve isn't a desirable location (aside from a freak blizzard), I don't know what is.

And I don't think you grasp the concept of being a powerespect.  Based on your posting style, I'd bet you have an account at GPC, which is where the whole, "Boy, it sure is important that our fans can drive to a bowl game," talking point is well received.