Author Topic: this team is awful  (Read 35336 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: this team is awful
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »
Its about more than being better than ku, this was most likely the best chance for a big12 champ and ken pom, phog.net and my eyeballs all tell me it ain't happening

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2010, 04:15:30 PM »
I dunno why everyone thought Pullen was going to be John Wall or some crap. jfc.

Because he was voted preseason first team AA?  :dunno:

The expectations for Jake and the team were perhaps a bit inflated.  It will still probably be the best or second best season in our lifetimes, but people won't be able to enjoy it because their level of enjoyment seems to be based on the mean-ness of threads on phog.net.
Nails it.  

But

I will sure as hell enjoy it.  Enjoy the crap out of it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »
Yeah, I agree, but our idiot fans thought this was the ONE YEAR that KSU could say they were better than KU. 

it's hard to know what people's expectations were.  i never bought into the top 5/preseason big 12 champ talk, and i've been melting down as well as anyone other than 'zacker.

i think a lot of it just comes back to fun to watch.  we became accustomed to a certain level of adorableness.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2010, 04:37:36 PM »
Its about more than being better than ku, this was most likely the best chance for a big12 champ and ken pom, phog.net and my eyeballs all tell me it ain't happening

The program isn't yet at a level where you can fairly be upset over not being big 12 champs, especially with the strength of KU and Baylor this year.  Maybe you're upset because you think KSU will never be at or above this level again?  I suppose that's reasonable, but if you recognize KSU is that level of a program, you don't get the luxury of being upset over losing Big 12 titles by mid-December.

Yeah, I agree, but our idiot fans thought this was the ONE YEAR that KSU could say they were better than KU. 

it's hard to know what people's expectations were.  i never bought into the top 5/preseason big 12 champ talk, and i've been melting down as well as anyone other than 'zacker.

i think a lot of it just comes back to fun to watch.  we became accustomed to a certain level of adorableness.

I think this clusterfuck of a start will make the moments of clicking that much more incredible.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2010, 04:46:14 PM »
Most of you are giant vagina's.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »
The recruiting does not reduce the anxiety that last year was the peak.  It is probably not justified and I should be gratefull we are out of wooly's 6-10 vortex of mediocrity.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »
The recruiting does not reduce the anxiety that last year was the peak.  It is probably not justified and I should be gratefull we are out of wooly's 6-10 vortex of mediocrity.

recruiting is going fine.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »
The recruiting does not reduce the anxiety that last year was the peak.  It is probably not justified and I should be gratefull we are out of wooly's 6-10 vortex of mediocrity.

recruiting is going fine.

It's not going "expect to win a conference title" fine.  But probably going better than the NCAA bubble fine.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »
It's not going "expect to win a conference title" fine.  But probably going better than the NCAA bubble fine.

going to the tourney every year is all i'll ever ask.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »
I don't even care about a conference title. As long as we are seeded 4 or better and advance to at least the sweet 16, this is a good season. I'd rather lose to KU 3 times and go to the sweet 16 or better than win the big 12 and lose in the second round.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »

going to the tourney every year is all i'll ever ask.

Why shoot for 1st when 2nd, 3rd & 4th are more easily attainable?   :blank:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2010, 06:14:05 PM »
F4 > outright conf champ > E8 > S16 > conf tourney champ

INMO as a fan who's team has not accomplished 3 out of the 5 during my conscious fandom.

catzacker

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2010, 07:07:06 PM »

I thought that denis being out and jake moving to the point-combo would affect us offensively, however I thought some of that would get made up for with Wally not being a worthless piece of sh*t and Jamar making strides in the consistency category.  I thought that the collective improvement of all players would buoy the loss of clemente.  it hasn't.  i have no idea what it is about this team, maybe it's the breathe the entire f'ing team takes when it gets up 10-15 points on a team and lets it become a game, I don't know.  the "numbers" look okay or comparable to last year, but there there's something wrong with this team when I watch it. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2010, 07:12:54 PM »

I thought that denis being out and jake moving to the point-combo would affect us offensively, however I thought some of that would get made up for with Wally not being a worthless piece of sh*t and Jamar making strides in the consistency category.  I thought that the collective improvement of all players would buoy the loss of clemente.  it hasn't.  i have no idea what it is about this team, maybe it's the breathe the entire f'ing team takes when it gets up 10-15 points on a team and lets it become a game, I don't know.  the "numbers" look okay or comparable to last year, but there there's something wrong with this team when I watch it. 

sounds like a problem with you, imo.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

catzacker

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »

yeah, my expectations for this team being better were way off.  they aren't.  they suck.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »

really?  reaction to Wally news from a poster on gpc:

There goes our chance of a national championship.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »
LoL

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2010, 08:15:54 PM »
People who are melting down are retards. This team may not be playing up to their abilities yet, but jfc it's barely december, conference play hasn't even started.

We are a one loss team.  I would expect this kind of whiny bullshit if we had LOST the games that we played poorly in, but JFC we didn't.

But this is goEMAW, so go ahead and melt down for no reason.  :ksu:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2010, 08:22:17 PM »

it's hard to know what people's expectations were.  i never bought into the top 5/preseason big 12 champ talk, and i've been melting down as well as anyone other than 'zacker.

i think a lot of it just comes back to fun to watch.  we became accustomed to a certain level of adorableness.

I thought that denis being out and jake moving to the point-combo would affect us offensively, however I thought some of that would get made up for with Wally not being a worthless piece of sh*t and Jamar making strides in the consistency category.  I thought that the collective improvement of all players would buoy the loss of clemente.  it hasn't.  i have no idea what it is about this team, maybe it's the breathe the entire f'ing team takes when it gets up 10-15 points on a team and lets it become a game, I don't know.  the "numbers" look okay or comparable to last year, but there there's something wrong with this team when I watch it.  

yeah, my expectations for this team being better were way off.  they aren't.  they suck.

There's no doubt that the team has looked like complete dogshit a lot of the time, but none of your "expectations" should be out of reach at this point.  If they are, you've got some dumb rough ridin' expectations.

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »
Winter break.  Then I'll make my judgement.
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »
Yeah people wanting us to 1) be substantially better than last year 2) throwing up lots of fast break dunk shots and 3 pointers or "impress" 3) win the Big 12

A) are idiots who did not really understand last year's team or our current squad

B) seem to have completely melted down due to things that have nothing to do with the actual team but with a whole host of peripheral issues

High comedy that it is this crowd calling out players as pussies.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2010, 08:33:59 PM »
at the beginning of the season, 99% of fans would have predicted us to have 1 loss.

no reason to panic unless we drop a bomb against florida or okie state.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
at the beginning of the season, 99% of fans would have predicted us to have 1 loss.

not 99% on this board.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »

not 99% on this board.

97%  :ck:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »
Wow, on page three this thread takes a turn for the great.  Excellent points by both SYS and rusty/mich cat. 

Was also thinking about how last season we were 11-5 in conference and somehow this season it seems as though 11-5 would be some kind of embarrassment.  Like sys pointed out we look like garbage on offense, but KSU is already better defensively than last year and the offense should improve over time. 

One other thing I wanted to mention is this school of thought going around that this is some sort of "last chance" to be good.  When the reality is that KSU bball is on its best footing in 20 years.  There will be dips in performance on some years and there will be peaks as well.  I see us plateauing as a fringe top 25 & 6/7 NCAA seed type program, but with up years where we are a 2/3 seed or so and down years where we may miss the dance. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.