Author Topic: 2014 Recruiting Thread  (Read 367174 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #450 on: February 28, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »
Jevon Thomas signed, eh? Suck it Towson!!!

Thought he was a '13 guy?

Also a lot of stuff on twitter saying he wouldn't be able to play until after the fall semester?

Someone help me out. What does this mean?

Mean's he decommitted from 2 schools already, it's great that we signed him. He won't be able to play for us until after the 2013 fall semester. Don't know if that includes practice.
LHC Bill Snyder School of Grey Shirting ......  :billdance: ....... I don't think it really works in basketball. I expect Thomas to redshirt in the spring of 2014. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #451 on: February 28, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »
Wood any good?

here's all you need to know, he played for the Playaz Club AAU team.  that's "Playaz" with a "z"

count it, and one.

Oh my.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 01, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
Anyone know anything about the Trevon Evans kid from Eisenhower High in Goddard?  He seems like a stud. Are we recruiting him? Should we be?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 01, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
Anyone know anything about the Trevon Evans kid from Eisenhower High in Goddard?  He seems like a stud. Are we recruiting him? Should we be?

:blindfold:

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 01, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »

:blindfold:

:dunno:

Offline westcoast_emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 01, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »

Yes, coached against him for a few years. Athletic undersized guard with a lot of bounce. Good offensive skill set, has a nice mid range game. Needs work on his perimeter shooting. He is very talented but extremely lazy. Not a great competitor or leader and fundamental on the defensive end he is  :barf: Do not want.

Personally, I don't believe he will be able to get to the lane vs. Big XII level guards let alone finish at the rim. Has team cancer written all over him.

You want Kadeem Allen.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 01, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »

Yes, coached against him for a few years. Athletic undersized guard with a lot of bounce. Good offensive skill set, has a nice mid range game. Needs work on his perimeter shooting. He is very talented but extremely lazy. Not a great competitor or leader and fundamental on the defensive end he is  :barf: Do not want.

Personally, I don't believe he will be able to get to the lane vs. Big XII level guards let alone finish at the rim. Has team cancer written all over him.

You want Kadeem Allen.

Why don't you post more?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline westcoast_emawer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 01, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »
Not enough time. I teach, coach and officiate/umpire. Usually just stop by the board daily and checkout what is going on for football and basketball.  :bill: #EMAW4LIFE

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 02, 2013, 01:00:31 PM »
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 02, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »
I take it we offered him?

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2013, 01:04:08 PM »
apparently our staff was scouting him at a game sometime this week...and i hope to god they offered him  :pray:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #461 on: March 02, 2013, 02:06:20 PM »
Allen seems pretty good based on his stat sheet...

He's averaging 17.9 ppg with 5.2 rpg and 3.7 apg.  His A/TO is 1.4.

A bunch highlights of him winning a state title in HS:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 03, 2013, 12:48:43 AM »
would take

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 03, 2013, 02:52:44 AM »

You want Kadeem Allen.

This post sounds very sour grapish to me.

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 03, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »
Evan Fitzner highlights

Seems pretty smooth and comfortable with the ball in his hands with nice touch from outside. Will need to put on some muscle, but the upside is there imo. Think Eric Murphy from Florida is a good comparison
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:26:38 PM by ManBearPig »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 03, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »
Bryce Fitzner highlights

Seems pretty smooth and comfortable with the ball in his hands with nice touch from outside. Will need to put on some muscle, but the upside is there imo. Think Eric Murphy from Florida is a good comparison

I think that video is his brother Evan?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 03, 2013, 02:26:16 PM »
yeah sorry. Evan

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 03, 2013, 02:27:16 PM »
Better offer list than I would have imagined. Also, does not play like he's 6'10".

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 03, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »
Yes, i think it's a pretty solid offer list. I'm wondering what kind of interest level we truly have with him. There's obviously the relationship with his older brother for football, but his dad played bball at Stanford. So there could still be some west coast ties.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 03, 2013, 03:18:34 PM »
there could still be some west coast ties.

father played at stanford, has an offer from cal.  i know his bro is emaw, but this is a wasted recruiting effort.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 03, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »
there could still be some west coast ties.

father played at stanford, has an offer from cal.  i know his bro is emaw, but this is a wasted recruiting effort.

I doubt we're wasting too much energy on this guy, just doing our due diligence on a center (a position at which we desperately need help) who's brother is EMAW. Worth a few phone calls probably to gauge his interest level.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 04, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
http://ballastv.com/profiles/blogs/alec-brennan-d1-workout-two-recent-high-major-offers-miami-a

Alec Brennan - 6'10" PF - I feel like he is going to be our #1 priority to fill the 4-man outlined by Chris Lowery outlined here: http://curtiskitchen.com/not-doubting-thomas/

That video of Bennan is almost a year old and it appears he continues to improve. Having a guy like him and his AAU teammate, the aforementioned Abdul-Mailk Abu, would be incredible gets. Those two with a a Kaleb Joseph or another AAU teammate of Brennan and Abu, Jared Terrell http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Jared-Terrell-129632, would be an incredible '14 class.

Obviously, the '14 class has a chance to be very good. How good of a chance? I don't know. In any case, it will go a long way in determining HCBW's (and ultimately  :bball:'s) success over the next few to dozen years.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 04, 2013, 11:43:56 PM »
him and his AAU teammate, the aforementioned Abdul-Mailk Abu... another AAU teammate...

who on kstate's staff is the connection?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 04, 2013, 11:53:04 PM »
him and his AAU teammate, the aforementioned Abdul-Mailk Abu... another AAU teammate...

who on kstate's staff is the connection?

Sorry - that was sorta  :blah: of me. Brennan, Abu, and Terrell are AAU teammates.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 04, 2013, 11:55:41 PM »
Sorry - that was sorta  :blah: of me. Brennan, Abu, and Terrell are AAU teammates.

yeah, i know.  your post was clear.  i want to know who on kstate's staff knows who on this aau team that has three kstate recruits on it.