Author Topic: 2014 Recruiting Thread  (Read 363180 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1825 on: April 21, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »
Jfc. Just because he didn't commit on his visit doesn't mean he isn't coming.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 21, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
Jfc. Just because he didn't commit on his visit doesn't mean he isn't coming.
DOESN'T MEAN HE ISN'T COMING.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: April 21, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »
Found this on Twitter fwiw:

Roger Gonzalez ?@RGonzalezTNV  3h
Virginia Tech bball recruit Satchel Pierce said he thinks Top 100 recruit Malek Harris (who was going to Marquette) will commit to Hokies

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: April 21, 2014, 03:17:14 PM »
He's totally gone, dudes  :runaway:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:15 PM »

Virginia Tech bball recruit Satchel Pierce said he thinks Top 100 recruit Malek Harris (who was going to Marquette) will commit to Hokies

Yeah.  Not too difficult to put two and two together when it went completely silent following his visit.   

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:35:41 PM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: April 21, 2014, 03:47:30 PM »

All Satchel knows is that Harris has visit to VT scheduled for this weekend/early next week. Why would Harris not take the trip to VT?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1831 on: April 21, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »

All Satchel knows is that Harris has visit to VT scheduled for this weekend/early next week. Why would Harris not take the trip to VT?

Well, he committed to Buzz before; why wouldn't he do it again?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: April 21, 2014, 03:58:13 PM »
Yeah, the guy who tweeted that isn't very credible. I'm sure all the guys at K-State think he's coming there after the visit, but didn't say it out loud.

Case NOT Closed!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: April 21, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »
NOT CLOSED

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: April 21, 2014, 04:05:07 PM »

Well, he committed to Buzz before; why wouldn't he do it again?

Anybody that thinks this kid is going to take a visit at this stage to V-Tech and not commit to the coach he committed to before is kidding themselves.  Why it was imperative for oscar and Co to secure him this weekend, and apparently did not.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: April 21, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »
I mean, if you want to overreact, go for it. I'm not sure if i'm going to trust some guy who has like 800 followers, when i've heard nothing but positive things about the visit. I would think it would be unfair to think he's not going to at least visit the coach he committed to before. I'm sure he feels like he owes it to him.

Also, can we stop acting like our coaching staff didn't try to close the deal this weekend? I mean, good grief.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: April 21, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »
I mean, if you want to overreact, go for it. I'm not sure if i'm going to trust some guy who has like 800 followers, when i've heard nothing but positive things about the visit. I would think it would be unfair to think he's not going to at least visit the coach he committed to before. I'm sure he feels like he owes it to him.

Also, can we stop acting like our coaching staff didn't try to close the deal this weekend? I mean, good grief.

Of course oscar tried.  oscar tries to do a lot of things.

And a four star recruit is not going to visit V-Tech just because he thinks he "owes it" to Buzz.

Come on, Wacky...

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: April 21, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »

Anybody that thinks this kid is going to take a visit at this stage to V-Tech and not commit to the coach he committed to before is kidding themselves.  Why it was imperative for oscar and Co to secure him this weekend, and apparently did not.
I want to say, the lack of committment shouldn't be very surprising as we were told Harris wouldn't commit this weekend anyways.

I agree that Pierce is probably basing his info on the lack of commitment, and I would expect more analysts to as well. Everyone is running off pure speculation. For instance, look at Devonte Graham's profile. As soon as he left KU without a commitment this weekend, the tide shifts towards NC State (my school. yay!).

Harris should select wherever he has the best chance to fit in and make an impact. Based on how badly Kansas State can use another wing and how volatile the roster is at VT, not to mention the huge degree of uncertainty Buzz is asking recruits to buy into, I think Kansas State should feel okay about its chances. Harris committed to Buzz when he was in his own back yard. He committed to Buzz before he had to watch Marquette have a crappy season despite having a loaded roster. It's not over until he signs the paper.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: April 21, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »

And a four star recruit is not going to visit V-Tech just because he thinks he "owes it" to Buzz.

Come on, Wacky...
I'm not giving up.  :)

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: April 21, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »

Not saying oscar won't land him (because I still think it's likely at this point), but I feel like most coaches try to sign players when they visit. Wooly and Prince both tried to sign top recruits on visits, I saw the latter in person. Trying is a terrible thing to judge on.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: April 21, 2014, 04:57:09 PM »
Not saying oscar won't land him (because I still think it's likely at this point), but I feel like most coaches try to sign players when they visit. Wooly and Prince both tried to sign top recruits on visits, I saw the latter in person. Trying is a terrible thing to judge on.
Seems like more of an inroad to put a pen in his hand if his family wants him to take it slow and make a wise decision. Regardless, I'm sure Buzz will do it lol

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: April 21, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »
Can we save the meltdowns/joy until this guy actually commits somewhere? 

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: April 21, 2014, 05:14:28 PM »

Come on, Wacky...

he's at least going because of girls, parties, etc. He's a freaking h.s. kid. All ya'll telling me that coming out of h.s. you wouldn't have taken one more free recruiting trip to smoke it up and have some college girls all over you?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: April 21, 2014, 05:26:01 PM »
i always thought these threads were good.  what an idiot i was.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1844 on: April 21, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
I was told by a "handler" that he'll sign kstate in a week or so.  I don't pretend to care about the whims of 18 year old boys, but the info was unsolicited so I'll pass it on to ya'll. I'm 60% confident I'm talking about the same dood you guys are talking about.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: April 22, 2014, 10:32:43 PM »
Another expert chimed in on 24/7 and predicted that Harris is headed to Va Tech. None of the other guys have changed their prediction though, so that's good I guess.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: April 23, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »
Former 4 year basketball manager says we aren't getting Harris fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:52 PM »
Former 4 year basketball manager says we aren't getting Harris fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not a good fit

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: April 23, 2014, 05:24:32 PM »
I guessing we said "come for a year, see how you like it, then you can transfer if you want" and he balked. It's a risky recruiting tactic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: April 23, 2014, 05:27:02 PM »
I doubt he was that good...

I heard he couldn't fit our requirements...

He didn't want competition...

:buh-bye: