Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4693376 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #75700 on: April 03, 2024, 08:35:56 AM »
Omaha Royals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75701 on: April 03, 2024, 08:37:24 AM »
We will 100% build them whatever stupid crap they want. Kiewit will both finance and build whatever they need.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75702 on: April 03, 2024, 08:38:20 AM »

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #75703 on: April 03, 2024, 08:43:27 AM »

I won't lie, I would consider this deal. I would probably prefer the high A or AA team over the Stormchasers though. Minor league baseball rough ridin' rules.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #75704 on: April 03, 2024, 08:47:12 AM »
SD, you can keep them both if you want
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75705 on: April 03, 2024, 08:48:49 AM »
SD, you can keep them both if you want

that's too much baseball. with the CWS and Slumpbuster we will be baseball maxed out in Omaha (baseball town USA).

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75706 on: April 03, 2024, 08:52:14 AM »
SD you realize you already outkicked your coverage by bamboozling America into giving you the college WS every year right? You're being greedy.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75707 on: April 03, 2024, 08:54:02 AM »
Honestly I can't think of a sporting event that happens every year that Omaha could host that would top the CWS. Nicely done.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75708 on: April 03, 2024, 09:08:29 AM »
I did vote yes but I'm not at all pissed the county voted no. The plan was half assed at best. I put more faith in John Sherman than the average voter.

Time for them to regroup and provide an actual fully fleshed out plan with sex renderings and a built out financial plan. I'd expect them to be back within the year.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75709 on: April 03, 2024, 09:23:12 AM »
i’m glad it failed if for no other reason than how bad that the chiefs proposal was. they should be embarrassed by their proposal.

anyway, i’d like to see subsequent discussions whereby the two teams are disconnected from each other.  the royals are going to take another swing at this next year and if they spend just a few minutes on it, instead of the zero minutes that was spent this go round, i’m sure it will pass.  but i’ll reiterate, they did themselves no favors attaching themselves to the 10 ton anchor that was the Chiefs’ dogshit ideas. 

inept laziness asking for a cool half billion with the lack of real effort going into this ask of kc.

There's some truth here - especially the bit about both teams just assuming they could trot out a pile of dog crap and it would pass - but I actually think if the Royals had gone with the East Village site that this is exactly what would have happened and it would have passed.

When the Royals turned their sights on the Crossroads - and the very engaged community that lives/works/plays there - they unleashed fury/anger about billionaire entitlement, etc. The East Village site would have had none of that element - if for no other reason than the Royals/city have been buying up property in that area for years. It also had the benefit of being able to say "urban redevelopment" because the space was largely devoid of anything whereas it was the complete opposite scenario in the Crossroads.

The effort from both teams was so poor that it ALMOST (but doesn't) makes me wonder if this was the desired outcome because it now gives them a pass to do whatever they want... "We TRIED to stay in Jackson County, but the voters said no. Now, we need to move to (insert: Kansas, Northland, etc.) because they actually want us."

Yeah, I'm hoping this was a "crap maybe we should actually try moment" not a prelude to shop around but I feel like it's the later. East Village would've passed easily, and I tend to agree w/ Clams I think the very half assed Chiefs proposal slapped to it, especially when all the crap about Hunt not paying for anything already in shitty ass conditions like no AC really I think made a lot/enough people balk at this.

Hopefully they think about this fully.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #75710 on: April 03, 2024, 09:53:58 AM »
i’m glad it failed if for no other reason than how bad that the chiefs proposal was. they should be embarrassed by their proposal.

anyway, i’d like to see subsequent discussions whereby the two teams are disconnected from each other.  the royals are going to take another swing at this next year and if they spend just a few minutes on it, instead of the zero minutes that was spent this go round, i’m sure it will pass.  but i’ll reiterate, they did themselves no favors attaching themselves to the 10 ton anchor that was the Chiefs’ dogshit ideas. 

inept laziness asking for a cool half billion with the lack of real effort going into this ask of kc.

There's some truth here - especially the bit about both teams just assuming they could trot out a pile of dog crap and it would pass - but I actually think if the Royals had gone with the East Village site that this is exactly what would have happened and it would have passed.

When the Royals turned their sights on the Crossroads - and the very engaged community that lives/works/plays there - they unleashed fury/anger about billionaire entitlement, etc. The East Village site would have had none of that element - if for no other reason than the Royals/city have been buying up property in that area for years. It also had the benefit of being able to say "urban redevelopment" because the space was largely devoid of anything whereas it was the complete opposite scenario in the Crossroads.

The effort from both teams was so poor that it ALMOST (but doesn't) makes me wonder if this was the desired outcome because it now gives them a pass to do whatever they want... "We TRIED to stay in Jackson County, but the voters said no. Now, we need to move to (insert: Kansas, Northland, etc.) because they actually want us."

Yeah, I'm hoping this was a "crap maybe we should actually try moment" not a prelude to shop around but I feel like it's the later. East Village would've passed easily, and I tend to agree w/ Clams I think the very half assed Chiefs proposal slapped to it, especially when all the crap about Hunt not paying for anything already in shitty ass conditions like no AC really I think made a lot/enough people balk at this.

Hopefully they think about this fully.

In hindsight, it really was the perfect storm of crap for the Yes people. JACO people are rough ridin' pissed about there home tax assessments right now, Clark just got dragged in the sports media about how shitty the Chiefs facilities are, the Royals decide at the last minute and after multiple missed deadlines that they are going to cram a stadium into an area that never asked for or wanted it, and the Chiefs stayed quiet until the last minute and were forced to scramble to show a drawing of the same Arrowhead, but without the K next to it and acted like it was an improvement. They def underestimated the opposition.

I also wonder if other cities will see this and go, hmm, make those fuckers pay for it themselves. Most likely won't happen, but will be interesting to see. Shefter tweeted about it and I was surprised that most of the comments from the insane NFL people basically said eff the owners.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #75711 on: April 03, 2024, 09:55:46 AM »
i'm sad it didn't pass.

i don't think the chiefs go anywhere, but i think there's a decent chance KC loses the royals because of this. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #75712 on: April 03, 2024, 09:56:46 AM »
i'm sad it didn't pass.

i don't think the chiefs go anywhere, but i think there's a decent chance KC loses the royals because of this.

Less than 1%

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75713 on: April 03, 2024, 10:12:13 AM »
What usually happens in situations where a team leaves a city? What percent of fans say "eff this, I'm a Cardinals fan now" vs. what percent say "I can't turn off my Royals fandom"? And what if they change their names, does that change the percentages? Also, it's rough ridin' baseball, so how many fans just stop following the sport all together? It's pretty tough to be invested in baseball if you're not watching a team regularly.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75714 on: April 03, 2024, 10:22:36 AM »
What usually happens in situations where a team leaves a city? What percent of fans say "eff this, I'm a Cardinals fan now" vs. what percent say "I can't turn off my Royals fandom"? And what if they change their names, does that change the percentages? Also, it's rough ridin' baseball, so how many fans just stop following the sport all together? It's pretty tough to be invested in baseball if you're not watching a team regularly.

I suspect most will stop watching entirely. I don't know any Sacramento Kings fans.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75715 on: April 03, 2024, 10:28:21 AM »
I think the Royals will just put together a different plan that doesn't suck complete crap and then it will get approved.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75716 on: April 03, 2024, 10:50:19 AM »
Dream scenario is that they end up by Legends, right? It's the perfect place to be baseball drunk at. But it couldn't handle people being football drunk.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75717 on: April 03, 2024, 11:56:26 AM »
clams nailed it. The royals only needed to get like a C- on the exam to pass, and they slept through the alarm clock instead

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #75718 on: April 03, 2024, 12:40:23 PM »
i'm sad it didn't pass.

Less than 1%

FWIW, Sherman was asked about this at some point in the last week (can't remember what outlet) and his response was "Kansas City is my hometown."

I suppose his credibility is what it is at this point.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #75719 on: April 03, 2024, 12:50:04 PM »
i'm sad it didn't pass.

Less than 1%

FWIW, Sherman was asked about this at some point in the last week (can't remember what outlet) and his response was "Kansas City is my hometown."

I suppose his credibility is what it is at this point.

I think Sherman is a real dickhead and don't care what he says, but I also think there is less than a 1% chance the Royals leave the metro.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75720 on: April 03, 2024, 01:09:01 PM »
i'm sad it didn't pass.

Less than 1%

It's higher than 1% but it's not high. The last MLB team to move was the freakin' Expos. The A's could easily be in Oakland in 2030- Vegas has a long way to go. The relocation fee is something like $400 million bucks.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75721 on: April 03, 2024, 01:16:40 PM »
The sad thing is the Royals just squandered a lot of the fan equity the county has with their poor planning, terrible communication, and inability to read the room. I really don't think they leave KC but leaving the county is likely.

The list of things they screwed up is very, very long.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #75722 on: April 03, 2024, 01:51:56 PM »
MY Royals are never leaving Kansas City.  :don'tcare:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75723 on: April 03, 2024, 02:58:06 PM »
clams nailed it. The royals only needed to get like a C- on the exam to pass, and they slept through the alarm clock instead

Agreed.. comically bad

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #75724 on: April 03, 2024, 03:36:38 PM »
Mayor Q just said its probably best if the teams split. Makes you wonder if this was maybe the plan all along.  :jeffy: