Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4689156 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #75600 on: February 21, 2024, 04:49:31 PM »
I saw the announcement and was a little shocked. Thanks Hos for all the good times. :royals: :royals: :royals:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75601 on: February 22, 2024, 01:59:37 PM »
Not shocked at all. He's be bad the last couple years. He had a very good career. Probably in the Royals Hall of Fame!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75602 on: February 28, 2024, 08:34:51 AM »
not the least bit surprising, but like do any of you care that the royals seem to be opaque at best and straight lying at worst about this entire stadium process?

https://twitter.com/kmbc/status/1762692612534718638?t=5ir9a7JQ8pIAuXADpCs4xQ&s=19

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75603 on: February 28, 2024, 08:48:50 AM »
I think everyone sees this for what it is, Sherman maneuvering to enrich himself personally.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75604 on: February 28, 2024, 09:54:07 AM »
One part of all this that annoys me is they are telling us Arrowhead is fine to renovate but the K is too far gone. Don't sell us on that.

mocat I was all over this a while ago

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75605 on: February 28, 2024, 10:23:58 AM »
One part of all this that annoys me is they are telling us Arrowhead is fine to renovate but the K is too far gone. Don't sell us on that.

mocat I was all over this a while ago

i know you were m8

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75606 on: February 28, 2024, 10:42:01 AM »
I think everyone sees this for what it is, Sherman maneuvering to enrich himself personally.

For the most part, but like I would like to see KC actually try and make that area, if this gets shot down, actually worth going to. It's a horrible non-developed area with no good way to get to it unless you like 50k cars.

I parked at 12th and Forrest and walked to the parade yesterday through East Village. Sucks. It is just a wasteland.

What I truly wish they did, there would still be bitching but waaaay less of it

And also of course Kauffmann is fine, that crap built like a rock, but it's also a goddamn wasteland out there and KC believes cars and parking are the answer to everything.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75608 on: March 01, 2024, 12:58:35 PM »
And of course this part of the equation would not be an issue at the east village site

https://twitter.com/kcmikehendricks/status/1763565142392893929?t=x2ChYLzGJOdpH7MpKJ6SvA&s=19

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75609 on: March 01, 2024, 01:50:23 PM »
mocat you have a sense of how the vote is gonna go down?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75610 on: March 01, 2024, 02:02:38 PM »

I have no idea. My guess is most suburban folks will vote yes. But there may be enough BUT WHERE WILL WE PARK!? chuds to form an unholy allicance with militant urbanist twitter and fiscal responsibility twitter to vote this thing down.

The bad news for the royals is there are a ton of reasons to find fault with this proposal. The good news for the royals is most people don't care.

Most of twitter is like this but of course only like 5% of the population is on twitter lol:

https://twitter.com/RyanRosenblatt/status/1763590674258207074?s=19

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75611 on: March 01, 2024, 02:47:02 PM »
I've had the same feeling.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75612 on: March 01, 2024, 02:48:41 PM »
Let's take a minute and watch Yordano hold the Jays to 1 run in 5 1/3 in 2015 ALCS Game 6. That game had everything with drama.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #75613 on: March 01, 2024, 02:53:03 PM »
Getting a little dusty in here
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #75614 on: March 01, 2024, 03:01:46 PM »
Ohhhh baby!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #75615 on: March 01, 2024, 04:13:20 PM »
Reagans can shove

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #75616 on: March 02, 2024, 03:16:06 PM »
not the least bit surprising, but like do any of you care that the royals seem to be opaque at best and straight lying at worst about this entire stadium process?

https://twitter.com/kmbc/status/1762692612534718638?t=5ir9a7JQ8pIAuXADpCs4xQ&s=19

I really have to give it to them for coming up with the term "Concrete Cancer".  This bullshit propaganda push is the first time I have ever heard that.  Too bad a highly respected construction family isn't part of ownership.  Then they could come forward, use their good name, and their wildly strong industry experience to explain in detail what that means, why it's happening, and why it can't be resolved. 

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #75617 on: March 04, 2024, 08:44:44 AM »

I really have to give it to them for coming up with the term "Concrete Cancer".  This bullshit propaganda push is the first time I have ever heard that.  Too bad a highly respected construction family isn't part of ownership.  Then they could come forward, use their good name, and their wildly strong industry experience to explain in detail what that means, why it's happening, and why it can't be resolved.

I still think the most ridiculous part of this whole thing is that apparently they got bad concrete doing a 300m or whatever remodel and no one was sued. They are just like, "welp, that sucks, guess we just have to throw this stadium away".

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75618 on: March 08, 2024, 11:29:39 AM »

You didn't ask me but even with the chud Chiefs upgrade, the Chiefs will still carry this vote to victory. The Royals plan has plenty of faults and that comes from someone living downtown that has wanted downtown baseball forever. I'm still voting yes even though I'm worried about what impact this makes to the crossroads.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #75619 on: March 08, 2024, 12:45:03 PM »

You didn't ask me but even with the chud Chiefs upgrade, the Chiefs will still carry this vote to victory. The Royals plan has plenty of faults and that comes from someone living downtown that has wanted downtown baseball forever. I'm still voting yes even though I'm worried about what impact this makes to the crossroads.

so why are you voting yes? Is it because you think they will leave if they don't get taxpayer money?

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75620 on: March 08, 2024, 12:50:44 PM »

so why are you voting yes? Is it because you think they will leave if they don't get taxpayer money?

The unknown negatives I have of the stadium in this specific location is less than then downside of not having a downtown stadium. I don't have a lot of fear of them "leaving".

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #75621 on: March 08, 2024, 02:05:56 PM »

The unknown negatives I have of the stadium in this specific location is less than then downside of not having a downtown stadium. I don't have a lot of fear of them "leaving".

That's fair. I don't get to vote, but would prob be a no vote due to them mostly being shady as eff with the whole thing. I def want them downtown, but them switching from building up the east to cramming it in the Crossroads pushed me to no. It is just going to suck seeing that area become Power and Light 2. Hopefully some of those places can get out in front of it and find other spots before they get priced out, then I guess it won't matter as much to me. Sherman has been nothing but a disappointment since he bought the team in my opinion. I agree on them not leaving. I see very little chance of that happening.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75622 on: March 08, 2024, 02:42:21 PM »

That's fair. I don't get to vote, but would prob be a no vote due to them mostly being shady as eff with the whole thing. I def want them downtown, but them switching from building up the east to cramming it in the Crossroads pushed me to no. It is just going to suck seeing that area become Power and Light 2. Hopefully some of those places can get out in front of it and find other spots before they get priced out, then I guess it won't matter as much to me. Sherman has been nothing but a disappointment since he bought the team in my opinion. I agree on them not leaving. I see very little chance of that happening.

I'm still teetering (and I know I wasn't asked either). I am not a fan of the potential current business aspects, and just the weird excuses the Royals are coming up with. The taxpayers have already been paying, and I doubt regardless of whether this passes now or later he's going to get it.

I still wish it was in East Village, but even if this passes I think like everything that has ever happened to KC in the last decade plus I've been in it (thinking specifically street car and the airport) at first everyone hates it, and then once it's done everyone loves it, or can't believe we put up with the way it was before. KC is nothing but creatures of habit (and honestly more places are like that than not), and often just can't imagine it another way until it does happen.

FTR I have the "will the Royals leave o meter" at like 3 out of 10 if this fails. They will have another crack and some other city (Nashville) would have to fairly obviously make their intentions and would have to match or exceed the deal right now, and I just don't see any other cities are doing that (rn).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #75623 on: March 08, 2024, 02:43:18 PM »
Yeah, I don't see the Royals leaving the area as a threat.  Nashville can start from scratch and not get stuck with an owner like sherman.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75624 on: March 08, 2024, 02:43:59 PM »
Yeah, I don't see the Royals leaving the area as a threat.  Nashville can start from scratch and not get stuck with an owner like sherman.

Correct