Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4766251 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #56375 on: November 03, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
sly should set up toll booths, running north south, along the stateline. no one from johnson county can attend without paying $100
they shouldn't be allowed to attend, period
we let them come to our stadium and watch our team, the parade should be reserved for real royals fans only

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56376 on: November 03, 2015, 11:14:53 PM »
My parents have decided that they are going to attend spring training. I'll probably join them.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #56377 on: November 03, 2015, 11:22:24 PM »
That was absolutely insane. Live at 36th and Warwick, walked from there behind Crown Center, up to the KC Star building. Got on a roof on Grand with some high schoolers, got kicked off by the cops, walked all over the city and I cannot believe the non stop crowd on every block. Yet everyone was chill, 100% controlled chaos. Like some sort of Guiness Record attempt at the worlds largest block party.

I bet Abe was on the roof of the sinclair gas station.

I was across the street by the KC Star building and saw that disaster waiting to happen. Maybe 100 people on the roof with 30 of them sitting on the unsupported overhang/signage.

Good call by the cops to kick people off.

But yes, it was amazing. People everywhere just having a blast being Kansas Citians and Royals fans.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #56378 on: November 03, 2015, 11:25:55 PM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56379 on: November 04, 2015, 12:35:55 AM »
never again. never. man.

I'm hoping for next year actually. Maybe it will be a more manageable crowd now that people got it out of their systems today....what a mass of humanity

One friend did tell me yesterday...I'm not ruining my World Series joy with a parade :)

If we do this ever again, I'll be there. But I'll be alone with huge backpacks full of water and coke and sell them for $5 each. Hell, I saw a dude selling a stack of yesterday's paper for $15 each. He probably had 60 copies!

Definitely could have used more vendors and pissers...sadly grand has become a shell of itself over the decades.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56380 on: November 04, 2015, 12:41:31 AM »
My parents have decided that they are going to attend spring training. I'll probably join them.

I posted in this thread the day we lost the 14 series that my ass was going to Arizona. Did it for the first time ever and look what happened. I think it's my duty to go next year now.

Pro tip....don't worry about seeing a "home" royals game. Actually even a more pro'y tip, find a game in Scottsdale.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56381 on: November 04, 2015, 07:56:51 AM »
Going to the parade solo was the best idea ever, parking at 41st and Gillham was a stroke of genius. Getting to the union station area by 12:30 wasn't a bad idea as I was able to see the heads of all the guys driving by (i was probably 30 people back from the front, got even closer by the time they got onto the stage). I'm not even gEing that i left the parade at 3:15, got home at 4:30. That was with a 20-25 minute walk to the car and one dumbass decision to try to drive down Ward next to the plaza instead of going directly south. Had i done that i'd been back by 4. Ts and Ps to all the people who decided getting there super early, parking close, and having like a posse of 10+ people trying to navigate that nightmare and then go home 4 hours later. Then that would have been the worst ever. BTW CF3 it seemed like a lot of crowd was made up of moms and dads with 2-3 kids and the mom pregnant and grandparents with the kids too. Every single one of them look like they regretted said decision. You deserved a better experience.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56382 on: November 04, 2015, 07:57:20 AM »
The people watching was amazing tho :love:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56383 on: November 04, 2015, 08:03:35 AM »
The Mrs. and I took the TMAX to downtown yesterday, which went fairly well on the way up there, the way back just straight up wasn't happening. Pretty sure all the buses just got stuck downtown. Figured out pretty early that getting a seat on one of those things was not a statistical likelihood even if one did show up at the bus stop, so we just started walking until uber surge pricing went down. That ended up being a solid ten miles. Got like a third of the way down to I-435 before uber prices became reasonable. Would definitely do it all over again though. It'd be silly to complain about not winning for 30 years and then puss out when it's time to celebrate.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56384 on: November 04, 2015, 08:16:09 AM »

The Mrs. and I took the TMAX to downtown yesterday, which went fairly well on the way up there, the way back just straight up wasn't happening. Pretty sure all the buses just got stuck downtown. Figured out pretty early that getting a seat on one of those things was not a statistical likelihood even if one did show up at the bus stop, so we just started walking until uber surge pricing went down. That ended up being a solid ten miles. Got like a third of the way down to I-435 before uber prices became reasonable. Would definitely do it all over again though. It'd be silly to complain about not winning for 30 years and then puss out when it's time to celebrate.

Total walking distance from Union Station to 435, 9.9 miles... Mocat, get in here
:adios:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56385 on: November 04, 2015, 08:44:08 AM »
lot of herp derp downtown for the first time type folks yesterday. a lot of "i'm pretty sure the sprint center is over there" and pointing in the opposite direction, etc.

i took the max to work yesterday, and mrs mocat parked in my spot around 10th & central, and we found a spot right at the start of the parade, which was pretty great. after ned passed us, we headed south like everybody else, and found like everybody else, there was no way to get anywhere near union station. so we walked back to 18th st, and over to son of goEMAW's very own double shift brewing co, where we were able to watch all the speeches, and it was perfect. an employee cranked the TV's up to 100%, the doors were open, it was beautiful. after 3 rounds, we walked to Torn Label (i had never been) for a round of brews. then we walked to our friends' porch at 27th & harrison to compare stories and enjoy the sunset, then we walked to tower tavern for wings (not as good as i heard they were) and finally ubered back to the warwick mansion at 9:30 and face planted into bed. THE TWIST: i took the max to work this morning, and my car was waiting for me in my spot.  :gocho:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56386 on: November 04, 2015, 08:47:47 AM »
Thanks for the call, MOcat.  :frown:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56387 on: November 04, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »
lot of herp derp downtown for the first time type folks yesterday. a lot of "i'm pretty sure the sprint center is over there" and pointing in the opposite direction, etc.

heh yes, I crossed paths with some herp derps aroud 16th and Walnut.  They thought the Kansas City Star building was the Sprint Center and were jogging toward it to get a good spot.   

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56388 on: November 04, 2015, 08:53:19 AM »

my phone was essentially just a great big hot expensive rectangular pocket watch yesterday

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56389 on: November 04, 2015, 08:56:56 AM »
Oh man, the comments!

MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the year weren't on their team but the MLB and their umps were. This title was hand wrapped by the league and gifted to Kansas. True sports competition doesn't exist anymore. Just money and greed mostly controlled by America. The Royals are a GREAT team but in a real baseball tourny, they wouldn't have gone all the way. The Jays and Mets are just as good if not better. They should appreciate the special treatment they received. I wonder who gets that treatment next year?

oh man missourians are gonna be so mad when they read that
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56390 on: November 04, 2015, 08:58:50 AM »

my phone was essentially just a great big hot expensive rectangular pocket watch yesterday
:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56391 on: November 04, 2015, 08:59:20 AM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56392 on: November 04, 2015, 09:17:11 AM »
hot damn, the omar infante contract really stinks

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56393 on: November 04, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »

i took the max to work yesterday, and mrs mocat parked in my spot around 10th & central, and we found a spot right at the start of the parade, which was pretty great. after ned passed us, we headed south like everybody else, and found like everybody else, there was no way to get anywhere near union station. so we walked back to 18th st, and over to son of goEMAW's very own double shift brewing co, where we were able to watch all the speeches, and it was perfect. an employee cranked the TV's up to 100%, the doors were open, it was beautiful. after 3 rounds, we walked to Torn Label (i had never been) for a round of brews. then we walked to our friends' porch at 27th & harrison to compare stories and enjoy the sunset, then we walked to tower tavern for wings (not as good as i heard they were) and finally ubered back to the warwick mansion at 9:30 and face planted into bed. THE TWIST: i took the max to work this morning, and my car was waiting for me in my spot.  :gocho:

mocat sounds like a pro at this.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56394 on: November 04, 2015, 09:21:10 AM »

hot damn, the omar infante contract really stinks

Almost have to gamble on his offense rebounding to pre 2014 levels and count on his solid defense if we don't want to eat $15 million
:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56395 on: November 04, 2015, 09:21:29 AM »
mocat's a huge dick and it pisses me off he had fun

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56396 on: November 04, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »
oh hur dur dur I'm mocat I had a nice stroll around downtown and drank a beer hur dur dur then I watched the sunset to a perfect day herp de derp

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56397 on: November 04, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »
cf3 should do more fake outrage stuff.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56398 on: November 04, 2015, 09:26:35 AM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56399 on: November 04, 2015, 09:27:23 AM »
ok back to baseball talk.

Glad we're not overvaluing Rios playoff performance. He did not deserve the 2nd year