Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4688730 times)

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #16625 on: August 11, 2014, 11:44:15 PM »
I'm proud to be a fan of the 1st place Royals.

Remember those losers that said we'd never be in first (or even close) again this year?

LOSERS!

i've never been more happy to be wrong  :D
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: August 11, 2014, 11:46:05 PM »
how many games left?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: August 11, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »
One awesome thing is that we have a day off on Thurs sep. 18th. So basically its like, a non stop party every day in September.

that's pretty interesting cf3

Don't know if you know this but there's a big Cats game that day, which is really convenient.

bunch of #1cat's in the mlb office

Seven, its just a great day all around from top to bottom. I took my kids to the zoo and I kid you not, 20% of the people there were wearing something Royals. Hats, shirts, you name it. Just good old midwestern folks with great family values cheering on the best team ever.

ages?  what was their favorite animal?  (i know my answer, but don't want to pollute your response)

2 and 4. Little one loves the penguins, big one loves Tigers, Polar bear is always a hit too. The older one really changes which animal is his favorite depending on mood. We go often, we have a zoo pass. For some reason today the older one decided he wanted to see, in this order, Emus, Deer, Turtles, and a Crab. KC Zoo has no Crab exhibit, but I figured out a strategy to hit the other 3 on today's wish list. I also sprang for some dippin' dots that they shared, because the Royals have me in such a good mood. Don't worry, they ate lunch first. I like the zoo. Animals are awesome. Penguins are my favorite.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals (AAA #1royal thread)
« Reply #16628 on: August 11, 2014, 11:47:41 PM »
missed this thread.  sorry sdk, I've been posting in the wrong one

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16629 on: August 11, 2014, 11:48:10 PM »
Hey guys.  On August 29th, 2003 we led the division.... we went on to finish 7 games back of the twins and 3 games back of the white sox.  Today is August 11th.

Kim we might end up on the outside looking in, who knows, but this doesn't happen very often so we better enjoy it.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16630 on: August 11, 2014, 11:49:52 PM »
cf3: dad of the year. 2nd place royals fan of the year (behind sung woo). stud of the year. bud of the year. mod of the year.

i'm honored to call him my pal.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16631 on: August 11, 2014, 11:50:01 PM »
missed this thread.  sorry sdk, I've been posting in the wrong one

You're a big league stud bro.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: August 11, 2014, 11:50:44 PM »
One awesome thing is that we have a day off on Thurs sep. 18th. So basically its like, a non stop party every day in September.

that's pretty interesting cf3

Don't know if you know this but there's a big Cats game that day, which is really convenient.

bunch of #1cat's in the mlb office

Seven, its just a great day all around from top to bottom. I took my kids to the zoo and I kid you not, 20% of the people there were wearing something Royals. Hats, shirts, you name it. Just good old midwestern folks with great family values cheering on the best team ever.

ages?  what was their favorite animal?  (i know my answer, but don't want to pollute your response)

2 and 4. Little one loves the penguins, big one loves Tigers, Polar bear is always a hit too. The older one really changes which animal is his favorite depending on mood. We go often, we have a zoo pass. For some reason today the older one decided he wanted to see, in this order, Emus, Deer, Turtles, and a Crab. KC Zoo has no Crab exhibit, but I figured out a strategy to hit the other 3 on today's wish list. I also sprang for some dippin' dots that they shared, because the Royals have me in such a good mood. Don't worry, they ate lunch first. I like the zoo. Animals are awesome. Penguins are my favorite.

that's cool.  fun ages.

my favorites have always been the big cats, tiger when i was younger, and now i'm partial to like leopards and lynx's and stuff
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16633 on: August 11, 2014, 11:51:09 PM »
I feel a lot safer in here.  how many games do we have left?  40ish?

The Big Train

« Reply #16634 on: August 11, 2014, 11:53:15 PM »
Hey guys.  On August 29th, 2003 we led the division.... we went on to finish 7 games back of the twins and 3 games back of the white sox.  Today is August 11th.

Kim we might end up on the outside looking in, who knows, but this doesn't happen very often so we better enjoy it.

its no coincidence that kim posted a post like this on this page of the thread

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16635 on: August 11, 2014, 11:54:54 PM »
Seven, I love seeing a Tiger (animal not the team. eff that team) but I'm always like "OH MAN! SWEET BADASS TIGER RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!" Then I get there and he's sleeping. Always. 100% of the time. Then you're like, "Meh, Gibbons? They're ok I guess." And you get to the Gibbon display and those little dudes are just going nuts and screaming and doing funny stuff. Sometimes the animals doing stuff is more fun. JMHO.

also, J-Dub, good to be buds, bud.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16636 on: August 11, 2014, 11:55:34 PM »
I feel a lot safer in here.  how many games do we have left?  40ish?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16637 on: August 11, 2014, 11:56:38 PM »
sounds like there's plenty of games left to kick ass :emawkid:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16638 on: August 12, 2014, 12:01:29 AM »
Stat of the Day
This marked the fourth time the Royals have had two separate win streaks of at least eight games in a single season (they won 10 straight earlier in the year).

The previous three times -- 1977, 1978, 1980 -- they went on to make the postseason.

Yordano Ventura, Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Greg Holland combined to post an average fastball velocity of 96.5 mph and an average overall velocity of 94.2 mph.

That’s the second-fastest average pitch velocity in a game this season, surpassed only by a July 4 game for the Royals and the Cleveland Indians in which the Kansas City pitchers averaged 94.3 mph.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/94208/royals-rev-up-the-radar-gun-to-move-into-1st

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16639 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:01 AM »
Did anyone catch the mlb network quick pitch intro just now  :horrorsurprise: :D

How do I load a video up easily from an iPhone?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16640 on: August 12, 2014, 12:09:23 AM »

Page 667?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

The Big Train

« Reply #16641 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:43 AM »

Page 667?

you understand who you are supporting here right, idiot.

guys lets get back to celebrating the royals, because thats what its about.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16642 on: August 12, 2014, 12:23:30 AM »
Got the video, but the resolution is off and can't figure it out.

But, Media darlings...  :love:

http://tinypic.com/r/n1z629/8

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16643 on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:16 AM »
Stat of the Day
This marked the fourth time the Royals have had two win streaks of at least eight games in a single season. They won 10 straight earlier in the year.

The previous three times -- 1977, 1978, 1980 -- they went on to make the postseason.

Science!  :excited:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16644 on: August 12, 2014, 12:41:49 AM »
Four Royals flamethrowers combined on a three-hitter in a 3-2 win over the Oakland Athletics.

Yordano Ventura, Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Greg Holland combined to post an average fastball velocity of 96.5 mph and an average overall velocity of 94.2 mph.

That’s the second fastest average pitch velocity in a game this season, surpassed only by a July 4 game between the Royals and the Cleveland Indians, in which the Kansas City pitchers averaged 94.3 mph. 

:Flamethrower:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16645 on: August 12, 2014, 12:47:49 AM »
Four Royals flamethrowers combined on a three-hitter in a 3-2 win over the Oakland Athletics.

That’s the second fastest average pitch velocity in a game this season, surpassed only by a July 4 game between the Royals and the Cleveland Indians, in which the Kansas City pitchers averaged 94.3 mph. 

:Flamethrower:

These guys are smokin' assassins with smokin' heat. #RoyalsAssassins

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16646 on: August 12, 2014, 01:16:44 AM »

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16648 on: August 12, 2014, 01:24:58 AM »
:D

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16649 on: August 12, 2014, 01:25:36 AM »
If Guthrie beats Lester tomorrow, then I think I may be experiencing the longest and most realistic dream of my entire life. I'm starting to worry that I'm in a coma or something.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang