Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4685789 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #10625 on: May 27, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »
glass will part ways with dayton and ned at the end of the year. no way he lets them get away with wasting his 90 million on a losing ballclub.
I hope Glass parts ways with the organization period.

i would love nothing more. my dream is the cerner group taking over. but my dreams rarely come true.
Penny pinching idiot is lucky to get 15k fans to watch his team at all, TV or at games.  Personally, I want GMDM and Yost fired, but I would rather have Glass gone first if there is an alternative.  I just don't know who would buy.  I would love Cerner personally, but like you said, probably won't happen.

They would buy, Glass won't sell. Glass deserves credit for keeping a team in KC. If the Royals moved, no team would ever come back IMO. He's getting credit for that from me. That being said, he's shown winning is not what he values most, or even 3rd or 4th most. Its very, very frustrating for me.

I also give credit to Glass for keeping the Royals where they belong. But he seems to have no true interest in championships. Sad. He's no Ewing Kauffman.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: May 27, 2014, 10:32:05 PM »
I want him to sell really very badly but it won't happen

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: May 27, 2014, 10:36:44 PM »
Ned said in post-game that he has "higher expectations" for the offense. Who doesn't?

The Big Train

« Reply #10628 on: May 27, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »
Ned said in post-game that he has "higher expectations" for the offense. Who doesn't?

water is wet

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: May 27, 2014, 10:43:35 PM »

water is wet

And Ned is Ned. And there's nothing we can do about it.  :bang:

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: May 27, 2014, 10:44:40 PM »

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: May 27, 2014, 10:52:44 PM »
Be careful what you ask for guys. There are eleven teams that spend less money than we do, most of them have better TV deals. Everyone assumes that whoever would buy the team would be willing to spend more money than David Glass. That may not be the case.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: May 27, 2014, 10:53:42 PM »
That being said, I'm willing to take that chance, but being a Royals fan has jaded me toward anything related to this organization

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: May 27, 2014, 10:54:28 PM »
Be careful what you ask for guys. There are eleven teams that spend less money than we do, most of them have better TV deals. Everyone assumes that whoever would buy the team would be willing to spend more money than David Glass. That may not be the case.

We're going on 30ish years no playoffs. I'm willing to roll the dice here bud.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: May 27, 2014, 10:55:54 PM »

I wish a Royals fan would take Yost's post-games & make a video like this:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:04:47 PM by k-state87 »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10635 on: May 27, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »

We're going on 30ish years no playoffs. I'm willing to roll the dice here bud.

Yeah, I came back and posted that right after. I'm be excited if it happened.

The Big Train

« Reply #10636 on: May 27, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »

Thats more entertaining because its not actual words, a royals themed one would be filled with "he's changing some stuff", "i expect more", "we are making strides" etc.

That is way more depressing.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: May 27, 2014, 11:10:25 PM »

I don't necessarily want a new owner who will spend more money. I just want an owner who realizes he has key management people who need to be replaced. (DM and NY).

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: May 27, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »

Thats more entertaining because its not actual words, a royals themed one would be filled with "he's changing some stuff", "i expect more", "we are making strides" etc.

Anytime I listen to Yost all I hear a lot of the time is umm uhh umm

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #10639 on: May 27, 2014, 11:12:55 PM »
glass will part ways with dayton and ned at the end of the year. no way he lets them get away with wasting his 90 million on a losing ballclub.
I hope Glass parts ways with the organization period.

i would love nothing more. my dream is the cerner group taking over. but my dreams rarely come true.
Penny pinching idiot is lucky to get 15k fans to watch his team at all, TV or at games.  Personally, I want GMDM and Yost fired, but I would rather have Glass gone first if there is an alternative.  I just don't know who would buy.  I would love Cerner personally, but like you said, probably won't happen.

They would buy, Glass won't sell. Glass deserves credit for keeping a team in KC. If the Royals moved, no team would ever come back IMO. He's getting credit for that from me. That being said, he's shown winning is not what he values most, or even 3rd or 4th most. Its very, very frustrating for me.

I know a guy (etc.) that says they'd buy if it was on the table.

He didn't specify who the whole group would be, though.

The Big Train

« Reply #10640 on: May 27, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »

Be my guest in making an umm video

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: May 27, 2014, 11:20:02 PM »

Especially tonight. League leader in umm's. Must have an "umm" incentive clause in his contract.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: May 27, 2014, 11:23:38 PM »
Just saw the score. eff the Royals.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: May 27, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
Just saw the score. eff the Royals.

At least Yost got ejected. Maybe he won't come back.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: May 28, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »

I don't necessarily want a new owner who will spend more money. I just want an owner who realizes he has key management people who need to be replaced. (DM and NY).

Herk Robinson (no fault of his own really)
Allard Baird
Dayton Moore

Hal McRae
Bob Boone
Tony Muser
Tony Pena
Buddy Bell
Trey Hillman
Ned Yost

David Glass

Only one of these things has stayed the same.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

The Big Train

« Reply #10645 on: May 28, 2014, 01:19:39 AM »
gE needs a voice for our displeasure and disdain, for our organization.

Is anyone good at writing or something, like maybe start a petition? I am sick of this crap, we need a change, and we need a leader.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: May 28, 2014, 07:31:17 AM »
I'll take sink duty
:adios:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: May 28, 2014, 08:46:12 AM »
"Just sit back and watch our BP. If you can drive balls out of the park in BP, you can surely do it in the game."

I feel like this Yost quote says a lot about the Royals power struggles. Not that it means Yost or the rest of the management, coaches and developmental staff have are willing to do what it takes to get that power on track. They aren't cracking 70 mph tosses out of the park because of the pitch velocity. It's because the damn ball is pumped right down the chute every time. Yet the Royals seem unable to see the correlation between waiting for your pitch and knocking the crap out of the ball.

Since 2012 the Royals swing at more pitches out of the strike zone than any team in the AL, which is fine if you've got a roster full of Vlad Guerreros.

But the Royals don't.

They have quite a few guys who should have plus power Butler, Hosmer, Gordon, Moose, but when "Country Breakfast" literally has an O-Swing% that's increased every single year of his career you're going to get these guys committing bad strikeouts and rolling grounders to shortstops and second basemen for double plays all the time.

What really sucks is that it's probably not something that they can change over night, and it seems to be ingrained in the Royals system-wide. Hell, Butler's 29.6 O-Swing% is actually one of the better marks. The only guys on the current roster better are Gordon, Aoki and Dyson. Recently retired stud Chris Getz was pretty selective, but hey you can't win 'em all (@slobber).

Sure, these guys can't all foul it off time after time until they get their pitch to drive like Jason Varitek, but they can watch balls after ball go by without hacking away. They can start to hack at first pitch strikes pitcher pump down the middle. They can let less desirable strikes pass through the zone, especially with less than two strikes. Even then is potentially drawing a walk, but sometimes striking out looking really that much worse than rolling into a 6-4-3. Not when that next pitch is one you can drive.

If their discipline outside of the zone is that bad, then you know they aren't any better at being choosey when it comes to strikes. Not to pile on Butler, but when he was younger the dude would wait and wait and his eyes would get big as saucers when he saw the drivable pitch. That needs to happen again, and soon, but I'm not sure it can.

We listen to and watch Royals games and hear Denny, and Hud, and Ryan preach about being aggressive and getting after pitchers. What has it gotten them? One of the worst offenses in years. This team wastes quality start after quality start because the offense is broken.  Five hitting coaches in three seasons?

Whatever, I'm ranting. They could be so much better though. These guys weren't stud prospects for no reason.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: May 28, 2014, 09:05:46 AM »
I also give credit to Glass for keeping the Royals where they belong. But he seems to have no true interest in championships. Sad. He's no Ewing Kauffman.

Are you giving him credit for keeping the team in Independence and suggesting that's where a professional baseball team belongs? I'll hold my comments until I confirm that's what you were meaning to say.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:33:15 AM by SPEmaw »
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: May 28, 2014, 09:28:38 AM »
Are you giving him credit for keeping the team Independence?

what are they dependent on? did you mean In Depends because they are in diapers and like Larry Johnson they need to lose them?