Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4686932 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #10375 on: May 22, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: May 22, 2014, 12:38:50 PM »
He'll be back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he hits he will, but what evidence do we have that he'll hit?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: May 22, 2014, 12:41:54 PM »
He'll be back

don't be obtuse, he mashes in the minors

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=mousta001mik#standard_batting::none

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: May 22, 2014, 12:42:04 PM »
He'll be back

He's going to mash in AAA.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: May 22, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »
He'll be back

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=mousta001mik#standard_batting::none

He's gotten progressively worse every year since then. That was a long time ago and he's not the same player. That version of moose hit a least not historically bad in the majors. I'm not convinced he's just going to mash.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10380 on: May 22, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »
I don't know if any of you follow @Greg_Schaum, but I use to work and sit right next to him at 610. He was an awesome guy. Use to do pre and post game for the Royals games and also owns this site: http://pinetarpress.com/author/gschaum/. I was with him from '09-11 and all he could talk about for days was how badass and how big of a prospect Moose was going to be. Like, he basically said, he'd be the next George Brett.  :frown:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: May 22, 2014, 02:26:24 PM »
He'll be back

He's gotten progressively worse every year since then. That was a long time ago and he's not the same player. That version of moose hit a least not historically bad in the majors. I'm not convinced he's just going to mash.

YOU ASKED FOR EVIDENCE AND NOW YOU HAVE IT

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: May 22, 2014, 02:34:51 PM »
consider yourself #mocatmathed
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: May 22, 2014, 02:56:59 PM »
so who plays 3b and is he/she any good?
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: May 22, 2014, 03:00:59 PM »
Valencia. Yes. Anything that moves practically is.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:07:40 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: May 22, 2014, 03:04:04 PM »
I'm gonna go heckle him at the memorial day game

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: May 22, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »

GMDM said that Valencia will be the "every day" 3B with Moose down. Called some dude up but I don't expect him to play. Infante will be back very soon. Expect Ciriaco to get a chance or two at 3B against RHPs after Infante returns.

Also, it's interested to debate about how Moose will perform. This article was interesting...

http://www.royalsreview.com/2014/5/22/5742216/reactions-to-the-moustakas-demotion

The difference is Moustakas is a career .236/.290/.379 hitter. That covers over 1,600 plate appearances. And he’s getting worse. Going back to the start of 2013 he’s hitting .216/.273/.355. That’s in 653 plate appearances. Gross.

Since the 2012 All-Star Break - NEARLY TWO YEARS AGO - Mike Moustakas has hit .215/.269/.346. Remind me again why it took this long?

For his career, Moustakas has been pretty normal in this regard, posting a 70% O-Contact% and an 88% Z-Contact%. For whatever reason, he’s been unable to hit strikes this year, and he’s compensated by hitting balls instead. That’s a pretty decent sign that something is haywire, making a trip to Triple-A a pretty decent plan.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: May 22, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »

Please do. Any idea as to what you're going to say to him? Maybe say "MOOOOSE" in a really patronizing tone that cannot be confused with an endearing tone, at all? Sort or like how Kel from Keenan & Kel yelled "DOOOOOO"? Please let us know how this turns out.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: May 22, 2014, 04:04:10 PM »

Please do. Any idea as to what you're going to say to him? Maybe say "MOOOOSE" in a really patronizing tone that cannot be confused with an endearing tone, at all? Sort or like how Kel from Keenan & Kel yelled "DOOOOOO"? Please let us know how this turns out.

this is the guy who doesnt like daniel sams, right? i think it is. dont listen to a word he says.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: May 22, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »
Greinke is a pretty good batter. The Royals really should have used him to pinch hit for some of their shitty batters when he was in Kansas City.
Yeah, sending your Ace up to bat on a regular basis sounds like a swell idea.  :Ugh:

Good point. We wouldn't want him getting pissed off and demanding a trade. Better to just let Tony Pena Jr give a free out instead.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: May 22, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »
Greinke is a pretty good batter. The Royals really should have used him to pinch hit for some of their shitty batters when he was in Kansas City.
Yeah, sending your Ace up to bat on a regular basis sounds like a swell idea.  :Ugh:

Good point. We wouldn't want him getting pissed off and demanding a trade. Better to just let Tony Pena Jr give a free out instead.
I mean if you want to risk the health of your franchise at the plate, then by all means, go for it! Pitchers like throwing bean balls at other pitchers.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: May 22, 2014, 09:43:53 PM »

godspeed, moose.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: May 22, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »

GMDM said that Valencia will be the "every day" 3B with Moose down. Called some dude up but I don't expect him to play. Infante will be back very soon. Expect Ciriaco to get a chance or two at 3B against RHPs after Infante returns.

Also, it's interested to debate about how Moose will perform. This article was interesting...

http://www.royalsreview.com/2014/5/22/5742216/reactions-to-the-moustakas-demotion

The difference is Moustakas is a career .236/.290/.379 hitter. That covers over 1,600 plate appearances. And he’s getting worse. Going back to the start of 2013 he’s hitting .216/.273/.355. That’s in 653 plate appearances. Gross.

Since the 2012 All-Star Break - NEARLY TWO YEARS AGO - Mike Moustakas has hit .215/.269/.346. Remind me again why it took this long?

For his career, Moustakas has been pretty normal in this regard, posting a 70% O-Contact% and an 88% Z-Contact%. For whatever reason, he’s been unable to hit strikes this year, and he’s compensated by hitting balls instead. That’s a pretty decent sign that something is haywire, making a trip to Triple-A a pretty decent plan.

Does Ciriaco have the arm for 3B?  I don't remember being impressed with it at 2B...

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: May 22, 2014, 11:20:35 PM »

Does Ciriaco have the arm for 3B?  I don't remember being impressed with it at 2B...

He's not a desirable or permanent option but has played every position aside from P and C.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: May 22, 2014, 11:38:33 PM »

He's not a desirable or permanent option but has played every position aside from P and C.

Ciriaco is not a long term solution at any position. Frankly, I don't believe he's sufficiently serviceable to occupy a long term active roster spot.

BTW: It will be interesting to see what Danny V does with this opportunity. Hope he succeeds.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10395 on: May 23, 2014, 06:39:25 AM »

Ciriaco is not a long term solution at any position. Frankly, I don't believe he's sufficiently serviceable to occupy a long term active roster spot.

BTW: It will be interesting to see what Danny V does with this opportunity. Hope he succeeds.

I don't disagree. He does have great speed at least. He also turned the game-ending double play last game. Good thing Infante is almost back. I think Valencia is OK. Definitely better than moose has been 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: May 23, 2014, 09:30:32 PM »
Omar started his rehab at Omaha tonight. Went 0-4.

Moose was also 0-4.

Maxwell cleared waivers and accepted an assignment to Omaha, but did not play.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: May 23, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »
duffy and ventura starts are more fun than all the other days.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: May 23, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »
i mean, they start out that way.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: May 23, 2014, 10:33:27 PM »
What's that they say about making the third out at third base?   :facepalm: