Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4757187 times)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #9250 on: April 13, 2014, 04:15:05 PM »
I hate this team.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: April 13, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »
This sucks

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: April 13, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
 :frown:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: April 13, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »
never allowed myself to be optimistic about this season. feels good.

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: April 13, 2014, 04:32:14 PM »
I don't blame Yost too much about the bullpen because he doesn't have much to work with. Although he is a dumbass for making Davis the 8th inning set up guy, he just plain rough ridin' sucks. We got Shields for 2 years in the Myers trade & Tampa Bay not only got Wil but they got two lumps of human crap off their payroll in Elliot Johnson & Wade Davis.

I was tired of hearing the Royals have the best bullpen before the season started. Hochevar was a big loss, Luis Coleman was hurt to start this season & last year Yost didn't want to use Coleman as much even though he had an ERA & a WHIP under 1. Tim Collins has regressed the last couple of years & I have never been sold on Aaron Crow. Anytime Crow pitches he rarely has a 123 inning (his WHIP last year was 1.48), he always gives up a hit or a walk pretty much every time he pitches.

That said Dayton made the right move in bringing Duffy up to be in the pen, but this is where Yost has to get his head out of his ass & pitch Duffy later in a competitive game & not pitch him in a blow out loss. Duffy & Coleman need to switch roles with Crow & Davis but we know that won't happen.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9255 on: April 13, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »
i refuse to constantly blame Yost for everything. these players simply don't produce.

The Big Train

« Reply #9256 on: April 13, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: April 13, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »
i refuse to constantly blame Yost for everything. these players simply don't produce.

That part is true, but Yost doesn't ever want to shake things up. Why is Butler still batting clean up? What has he done? Yost wants to keep with this lefty-righty-lefty lineup which is fine but shake it up. Move Butler down in the order or put Maxwell in as DH & see what he can do.

I just wish this team would have a true leader that would hold a players only meeting & say they are sucking & letting the fans down.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: April 13, 2014, 04:46:54 PM »

That part is true, but Yost doesn't ever want to shake things up. Why is Butler still batting clean up? What has he done? Yost wants to keep with this lefty-righty-lefty lineup which is fine but shake it up. Move Butler down in the order or put Maxwell in as DH & see what he can do.

I just wish this team would have a true leader that would hold a players only meeting & say they are sucking & letting the fans down.

he was adjusting the roster constantly last year and it didn't work. he's made a couple changes early on and i hate to say it, but we really are just 11 games in. you have to let a lineup prove in more than 11 games that it's going to suck before you start making big changes.

and for the record i don't think they will improve so changes will need to be made, but for now i'm not going to fault him for wanting to establish a consistent lineup.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: April 13, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »

The players play grab ass when they are losing to the Twins.  Everyone of these guys knows they will move on except Moose who will be out of baseball in a few years

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: April 13, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »
Davis has had 6 appearences.  4 of them he did this ...
1) 2 walks 2) walk and hit a batter 3) walk and hit a batter 4) walk and throwing error . Cant do this when you are pitching 1 inning

Herrera has a WHIP of 1.62.  Collins walked 4 batter in his brief 1.0 innings of work this year
Crow walks the first 2 batters he faced today. Those runners scored the tying and winning runs.   First game of the year, he inherited 2 runners of Sheilds and allowed both of them to score after giving up a triple.  Those 2 runs were the tying runs and KC eventually lost

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: April 13, 2014, 06:05:55 PM »
I would trade moose for 2012-2013 Miguel Cabrera

At this point, I'd trade him for a mint box of 88 Topps.   (And you know that gum is super mummified by now so you can't even figure that into the equation.

Hmm. I might go for the 87 Topps with that classy wood grain.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: April 13, 2014, 06:33:58 PM »
The Royals just find ways to lose :flush:

This organization is a mess.   :buh-bye:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: April 13, 2014, 06:53:55 PM »
No sporting organization needs a #bid like the Royals

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: April 13, 2014, 11:49:59 PM »

It's hard to be too excited about #bid for the Royals. We have a shitty TV contract that is going to limit the amount of money available to whoever we bring in to be the next general manager. Obviously the right guy could succeed regardless, but I don't have much faith that the Glass family can find that guy.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: April 14, 2014, 12:05:17 AM »

It's hard to be too excited about #bid for the Royals. We have a shitty TV contract that is going to limit the amount of money available to whoever we bring in to be the next general manager. Obviously the right guy could succeed regardless, but I don't have much faith that the Glass family can find that guy.

I don't have much faith that the Glass family can find the right GM or the right field manager. Glass' son, who had no previous experience in running basbeall teams that I know of, seems to be in charge. On the other hand, Mr. Kauffman put much of his personal money into the team because he loved the Royals and the town, and that made such a difference. It was when the Kauffmans' role decreased that the Royals went south. I don't sense that the Glass family has Kauffman-like committment, or anything approaching it. That said, I understand the Glass family may be willing to sell the team to an entity that is willing to keep the team in KC. Maybe the Brett Family (I mentioned that in an earlier thread) could put their band back together, with a few more local investors, and give this team back to KC?

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: April 14, 2014, 12:09:26 AM »

Kinda different situations but I believe the Dallas Cowboys have proven that a bad owner can taint everything.   I don't know the Royals sitch well,  is it a bad owner who won't spend or a bad owner that won't spend and tries to run the team?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: April 14, 2014, 12:16:43 AM »

Kinda different situations but I believe the Dallas Cowboys have proven that a bad owner can taint everything.   I don't know the Royals sitch well,  is it a bad owner who won't spend or a bad owner that won't spend and tries to run the team?

It's an owner who won't spend the necessary money and appoints family members with no baseball experience (his son) to run the show. May have worked with the Yankees, but won't work here.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: April 14, 2014, 12:18:02 AM »

It's an owner who won't spend the necessary money and appoints family members with no baseball experience (his son) to run the show.

crap.   At least Jones throw money around.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: April 14, 2014, 12:20:11 AM »

It's an owner who won't spend the necessary money and appoints family members with no baseball experience (his son) to run the show.

And it hasn't worked for Jones because true football people aren't making the critical decisions.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9270 on: April 14, 2014, 12:21:59 AM »

And it hasn't worked for Jones because true football people aren't making the critical decisions.

Wasn't arguing that.  Also, why the word filter?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: April 14, 2014, 12:23:59 AM »

Word filter?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: April 14, 2014, 12:32:41 AM »

Word filter?

For curse words.   Yours appears to be on.   I didn't say crap, I said crap.   No big deal anyway, I was just curious.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: April 14, 2014, 08:36:34 AM »
I'm a Cowboys fan and a Royals fan. Been a lot of  :cry: the last two pages. The situations are very different, but the results are more or less the same.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: April 14, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »

There is a cockload of money in MLB and the Royals are not at all hurting.  They could spend easily but the Glass family simply doesn't care about winning, doesn't care about be embarrassed and doesn't care about anything but making money.