Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4788868 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #8800 on: April 05, 2014, 03:23:06 PM »
would i hate moose if he wasn't named moose?  it's impossible to know, because his name is moose.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: April 05, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
Wade Davis makes me extremely nervous.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: April 05, 2014, 03:39:06 PM »
Davis has no rhythm on the mound, every pitch is a mystery

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: April 05, 2014, 03:39:11 PM »
We're paying this guy 5 million dollars

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: April 05, 2014, 03:41:38 PM »
sooooooooo, about that bullpen
I'm purple down

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8805 on: April 05, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
I can not understand why there are people who don't think Ned Yost is a rough ridin' moron.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: April 05, 2014, 03:46:19 PM »
Someone hit a home run.  I mean jfc you're professional baseball players.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: April 05, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »
another example of why Butler is so so so overrated. he has to (apparently) be pinch run for in any important situation, he provides no defense, and doesn't hit nearly enough HR's to make up for any of that

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: April 05, 2014, 03:56:25 PM »
SALVY!

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: April 05, 2014, 03:57:22 PM »
Perez and Gordon are such studs.
I'm purple down

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: April 05, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »
.500!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: April 05, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
another example of why Butler is so so so overrated. he has to (apparently) be pinch run for in any important situation, he provides no defense, and doesn't hit nearly enough HR's to make up for any of that

great game to bitch about Butler, you putz.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: April 05, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »

he hit a ground ball that found the outfield. for his first RBI(s) in four games as a cleanup hitting DH. oh, and still no home runs.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: April 05, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
Those Game of "Bats" images tho :love:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: April 05, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »

he hit a ground ball that found the outfield. for his first RBI(s) in four games as a cleanup hitting DH. oh, and still no home runs.

oth, you chose to bitch about a dh's defense and baserunning. 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: April 05, 2014, 05:50:57 PM »

i stated that because he lacks the power you would usually expect in order to make up for that shitty defense and baserunning

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: April 05, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »

i stated that because he lacks the power you would usually expect in order to make up for that shitty defense and baserunning

he's exactly as good at defense as the best defensive dh.  and dyson may be the fastest player in baseball.  you act like having him pinch run for your dh is a negative.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: April 05, 2014, 05:57:33 PM »
Escobar and Moose are a combined 0-29 to start the season.

:flush:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: April 05, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »

he's exactly as good at defense as the best defensive dh.  and dyson may be the fastest player in baseball.  you act like having him pinch run for your dh is a negative.

When it happens in like the seventh inning, it is a problem.   You sure don't want Dyson at the plate so you have to use a pinch hitter the next time the DH spot comes up.   I'm not a Billy fan at all.   Also, he's fat.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: April 05, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »

When it happens in like the seventh inning, it is a problem.   You sure don't want Dyson at the plate so you have to use a pinch hitter the next time the DH spot comes up.   I'm not a Billy fan at all.   Also, he's fat.

it was the 8th.  anytime there's a decent chance butler wouldn't get another at bat and the potential run is meaningful, pinch running dyson is a no brainer.  it's not a problem, it's a solution.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8820 on: April 05, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »

it was the 8th.  anytime there's a decent chance butler wouldn't get another at bat and the potential run is meaningful, pinch running dyson is a no brainer.  it's not a problem, it's a solution.

Anytime you have one guy that is that type of liability with his legs, it's a problem.   One that would lessened if he had serious power but he doesn't.   We have a line drive hitting, double play magnet that has to be pinch ran for in any close game.   It sucks.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: April 05, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »
like, it'd be fantastic if he hit for more power.  but that he's fat and slow is meaningless.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: April 05, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »
like, it'd be fantastic if he hit for more power.  but that he's fat and slow is meaningless.

Brings to mind Big John Mayberry, a Royals power hitter in his own right who was big and terribly slow. They said he "clogged the basepaths." Not sure Billy is a true clogger yet but, as sys points out, he does have his liabilities.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: April 05, 2014, 09:52:57 PM »
The fact that people think clogging the basepaths is a bad thing, fat or not, is pretty dumb.  Getting on base is literally never a bad thing, no matter who.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: April 05, 2014, 09:58:47 PM »
The fact that people think clogging the basepaths is a bad thing, fat or not, is pretty dumb.  Getting on base is literally never a bad thing, no matter who.

Not really dumb at all. And not looking to get rid of Billy. Getting on base is critical. So is being fast enough to avoid, or break up, double plays. So is being able to take an extra base. Billy is good, but he doesn't present even an average base running threat. Coming in to this season, he was averaging a little less than 17 HR's a season...if he gets his power number up, I'll be happier.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:01:59 PM by bones129 »