Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4689039 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #45075 on: August 25, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »

Did any of you guys notice that Terrance Gore is hitting .290 with an 10% walk rate this year?

in your face danny clinkscale, you old Eeyore you

Also 38/40 in steals in 80 games. Really hope he is on the playoff roster again.
:adios:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #45076 on: August 25, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »

Did any of you guys notice that Terrance Gore is hitting .290 with an 10% walk rate this year?

in your face danny clinkscale, you old Eeyore you

Also 38/40 in steals in 80 games. Really hope he is on the playoff roster again.

Doesn't that seem like a foregone conclusion?  I mean, why wouldn't they have him on the roster?
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45077 on: August 25, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »
after 101 games, Toronto was 50-51. They have gone 19-4 since, and are now 69-55.
after 101 games, the Royals were 61-40 (11 games ahead of TOR). They have gone 15-8 since, and are now 76-48 (7 games ahead of TOR).

Toronto could finish an outrageous 29-9 (20 games over .500!) and end up 98-64, and still not catch the Royals if the Royals just continue to chug along at the ho hum snoozy little .600 pace and finish 23-15 (99-63).

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #45078 on: August 25, 2015, 11:11:26 AM »
Pick your 25 man roster:

47 Johnny Cueto 
17 Wade Davis   
41 Danny Duffy
11 Jeremy Guthrie 
40 Kelvin Herrera 
44 Luke Hochevar 
56 Greg Holland 
46 Ryan Madson 
39 Kris Medlen 
45 Franklin Morales
30 Yordano Ventura   
36 Edinson Volquez 
32 Chris Young 

9 Drew Butera 
13 Salvador Perez 

24 Christian Colon
19 Cheslor Cuthbert
2 Alcides Escobar 
35 Eric Hosmer 
14 Omar Infante 
8 Mike Moustakas 
18 Ben Zobrist 

6 Lorenzo Cain 
1 Jarrod Dyson 
4 Alex Gordon
0 Terrance Gore
16 Paulo Orlando 
15 Alex Rios

25 Kendrys Morales 

These are 29 realistic players for the post season. I striked through who I would cut. Getting Gore on board will be tough, when we have Dyson sitting the bench anyways.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45079 on: August 25, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »
I'm cutting Paulo, Colon, Guts, and Young in that group.

Gore has an elite skill, Ches>Colon, and Guts/Young don't really fit in with a role.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45080 on: August 25, 2015, 11:17:27 AM »
Also, when we got Zobrist, I knew it would effect Infante, but I totally forgot about Colon. He'll be brought back up in September, but after that? Who knows?!

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #45081 on: August 25, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »
Fair enough Wacky.  If I had my way, they'd cut Chris Young (off the playoff roster).  He's been pretty meh when he's pitched of late...which has only been once every blue moon anyways.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45082 on: August 25, 2015, 11:23:21 AM »
Fair enough Wacky.  If I had my way, they'd cut Chris Young (off the playoff roster).  He's been pretty meh when he's pitched of late...which has only been once every blue moon anyways.
Yeah, he's definitely up there. I'd have a hard time cutting Paulo for Gore if we keep all of our pitchers. He's provided so many great memories this season.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45083 on: August 25, 2015, 11:26:58 AM »
gore over orlando.  i'd pick and choose between colon/orlando/young/pitching morales for the last spot based on the series and opponent.  like for the 5 game series, i don't think you need that many pitchers, so i'll take the pinch hitter.  if they've got a lot of lefties, then pitching morales instead of young.  big park, young instead of pitching morales.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45084 on: August 25, 2015, 11:32:49 AM »
gore over orlando.  i'd pick and choose between colon/orlando/young/pitching morales for the last spot based on the series and opponent.  like for the 5 game series, i don't think you need that many pitchers, so i'll take the pinch hitter.  if they've got a lot of lefties, then pitching morales instead of young.  big park, young instead of pitching morales.
Yeah, I believe they mixed it up last year based on the series.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45085 on: August 25, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »
I'd rather have F Morales available for the entire postseason. He's been very solid all year and the only other lefty on the staff is Duffy.

Orlando provides no added value in October.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #45086 on: August 25, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
Orlando over Rios :Don'tcare:
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45087 on: August 25, 2015, 12:03:14 PM »
I just think if you have both Butera and Gore on the roster, you're limited offensively on the bench in case of emergencies. Obviously, those would have to be some drastic emergencies to have them coming to the plate.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45088 on: August 25, 2015, 12:06:17 PM »
I'd rather have F Morales available for the entire postseason. He's been very solid all year and the only other lefty on the staff is Duffy.

Orlando provides no added value in October.

he can pinch hit, pinch run, play defense.  maybe not quite as consistent a hitter as colon, but i think maybe a little more power and definitely better defensively and as a runner.  the extra pitcher is probably more useful in the al games, but in a nl park, the extra pitch hitter is more likely to be useful than a 12th pitcher.

most of the time, neither the extra position player nor the extra pitcher will be of any use.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45089 on: August 25, 2015, 12:07:14 PM »
Heh, sys accidentally said "pitch hitter" and it was funny because it's still true.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45090 on: August 25, 2015, 12:08:37 PM »
I only want Gore if they are platooning Dyson in RF. If Dyson is bench, Gore shouldn't be active.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45091 on: August 25, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »
When Gordon comes back Paulo will be at best our 5th best OF, and if Rios can continue to stay hot he's the 6th. Gore provides an elite skill that can win us a game, Paulo provides unnecessary depth.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45092 on: August 25, 2015, 12:12:11 PM »
I'm fine with that for the AL playoffs, but not for the World Series if we get there. If we make the WS we'll need multiple bench bats not named Omar Infante. If you have Paulo for NL games, you can use Kendrys and Paulo for the pitcher spots in key moments

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45093 on: August 25, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »
i like having gore regardless of whether dyson is starting.  to start with, yost is more likely to start dyson if gore is on the bench.  that alone makes him worth having on the roster.

secondly, it just seem like in games where you need a pinch runner, oftentimes, you could easily use two.  like you may have 4 games in a row where a pinch runner doesn't make sense (though with dyson, it always makes sense as a d replacement late with a lead), but then you have 1 game where you could actually use two or three.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45094 on: August 25, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »
If we are down 1 in the 9th how many starters would you pinch run for? I would definitely run for Morales and Salvy, and probably Moose and Infante.

How many would you pinch hit for with AL rules in that situation? Omar?

If that's the case then it seems like having baserunning depth is very important. I just dont see a scenario when Paulo plays in October. JMHO.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45095 on: August 25, 2015, 12:22:08 PM »
i like having gore regardless of whether dyson is starting.  to start with, yost is more likely to start dyson if gore is on the bench.  that alone makes him worth having on the roster.

secondly, it just seem like in games where you need a pinch runner, oftentimes, you could easily use two.  like you may have 4 games in a row where a pinch runner doesn't make sense (though with dyson, it always makes sense as a d replacement late with a lead), but then you have 1 game where you could actually use two or three.
We have disagreed on nearly everything this summer but I'm with you on this one, sys :cheers:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45096 on: August 25, 2015, 12:23:22 PM »
If we are down 1 in the 9th how many starters would you pinch run for? I would definitely run for Morales and Salvy, and probably Moose and Infante.

How many would you pinch hit for with AL rules in that situation? Omar?

If that's the case then it seems like having baserunning depth is very important. I just dont see a scenario when Paulo plays in October. JMHO.

ws.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45097 on: August 25, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »
We have disagreed on nearly everything this summer but I'm with you on this one, sys :cheers:

the only thing i remember disagreeing with you about is that horrible emoticon you insist on posting.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45098 on: August 25, 2015, 12:24:56 PM »
please don't post it as a response to my post.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45099 on: August 25, 2015, 12:31:07 PM »

the only thing i remember disagreeing with you about is that horrible emoticon you insist on posting.
Well I've disagreed with you a lot and haven't said anything.