Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4687626 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #28425 on: October 17, 2014, 09:45:48 PM »
Guys, my tailgate for Game 1 is gonna be awesome. I'm setting up a projector to watch the 1985 highlight video.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28426 on: October 17, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
What a great vid. I wish he had included the announcer's call of Moose's dive into the dugout, and maybe a little Pedro, but otherwise pretty damned near perfect.

Serious question: does it seem a little weird or jinxy to be comparing this run to winning it all in 85? I mean, what these guys are doing is historic and incredible - but they haven't won the champy. I know I should just enjoy the ride, but I really want that perfect ending. Makes me nervous.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28427 on: October 17, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
The vid also left off some Ventura strikeouts, Dyson's assist, and some stud Wade Davis stuff. Really good otherwise. And K-S-U Dub it should be compared to 85. Not weird or jinxy at all. If the Giants beat us its not like its because we brought up 85 too many times

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28428 on: October 17, 2014, 10:25:07 PM »
I'm going to weigh in on the t-shirt giveaway thing. The greatest is and will always be the Brett #5 chowder blue. I wear the crap out of mine with absolutely no regret.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28429 on: October 17, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »
I'm going to weigh in on the t-shirt giveaway thing. The greatest is and will always be the Brett #5 chowder blue. I wear the crap out of mine with absolutely no regret.

The one with a pepsi logo and the fake pine tar?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28430 on: October 17, 2014, 10:30:28 PM »
been looking at buying some memorabilia and ran across this. I think it's very reasonably priced, prolly gonna put it in the kids room.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-BASEBALL-WORLD-SERIES-POSTER-11x17-SF-GIANTS-KANSAS-CITY-ROYALS-TOPLESS-/351198803339?pt=Art_Prints&hash=item51c514758b
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28431 on: October 17, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
Cannonball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28432 on: October 17, 2014, 10:35:26 PM »

The one with a pepsi logo and the fake pine tar?

Has a Pepsi logo but it's fairly small and white so not really noticeable. I don't remember any fake pine tar though. I think it was like a 25th anniversary of the .390 season giveaway.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28433 on: October 17, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »
Joda, keep that shirt for around the house wearing, yard work, watching games on TV etc, and get a brand new chowder blue shirt to wear to games. I like this one:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28434 on: October 17, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »
Joda, keep that shirt for around the house wearing, yard work, watching games on TV etc, and get a brand new chowder blue shirt to wear to games. I like this one:

Oh, I have like 5 other chowder blues that I wear to games. The Brett giveaway one is used exactly as you described. I'm just saying its a pretty great free shirt.

And that shirt is pretty great to, might get.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28435 on: October 17, 2014, 11:02:57 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28436 on: October 17, 2014, 11:05:09 PM »
ten years ago they had a giveaway day for mustard, ketchup and relish where they were just those words on the front in the color of the respective garnish or whatever. i used to have one of each. don't think i have one anymore. wife threw away?  :frown: :dunno:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28437 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »

This is the shirt btw, mine looks a lot more worn tho

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28438 on: October 17, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »
ten years ago they had a giveaway day for mustard, ketchup and relish where they were just those words on the front in the color of the respective garnish or whatever. i used to have one of each. don't think i have one anymore. wife threw away?  :frown: :dunno:

drugs (pew, pew)?   :dunno:

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28439 on: October 18, 2014, 06:19:21 AM »
Watching these highlight video's of a full and rocking K have made me realize how beautiful the K is. Best looking ball park in all the Majors? The fountains say yes.

Really love the shots from just outside left field. Check out the 13:11 mark of that video

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28440 on: October 18, 2014, 10:11:28 AM »
Ticket prices are dropping big time. The Cards not being in this has lowered the market. Tickets now starting at $450 for Game 2 on stubhub, they were $800. I bet if you wait and go to the stadium for Game 2, you'll find tickets in the lot for $200-$300

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #28441 on: October 18, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »
Ticket prices are dropping big time. The Cards not being in this has lowered the market. Tickets now starting at $450 for Game 2 on stubhub, they were $800. I bet if you wait and go to the stadium for Game 2, you'll find tickets in the lot for $200-$300
:love:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28442 on: October 18, 2014, 10:42:04 AM »
What a great vid. I wish he had included the announcer's call of Moose's dive into the dugout, and maybe a little Pedro, but otherwise pretty damned near perfect.

Serious question: does it seem a little weird or jinxy to be comparing this run to winning it all in 85? I mean, what these guys are doing is historic and incredible - but they haven't won the champy. I know I should just enjoy the ride, but I really want that perfect ending. Makes me nervous.

You have an inability to enjoy life, good grief
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28443 on: October 18, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »

How good are they at controlling fake tickets at the K?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28444 on: October 18, 2014, 12:11:40 PM »

How good are they at controlling fake tickets at the K?

I don't know. I've bought in the parking lot before for regular season games, but never seen any security patrolling scalpers. The problem is Season ticket holders have hard copy tickets, but if they put it on stubhub, it is voided and the paper printout becomes the real ticket. So you could potentially buy a hard ticket that is voided. I have no way to know that validity of the tickets.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28445 on: October 18, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »
From facebook:

... so, if a Royals "Super fan" by the name of Sung Woo Lee can get a World Series ticket, then why can't a born & raised in KC Royals life long fan by the name of her husband can't?? Something isn't right here...

fanman is not alone i guess

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28446 on: October 18, 2014, 12:17:57 PM »
From facebook:

... so, if a Royals "Super fan" by the name of Sung Woo Lee can get a World Series ticket, then why can't a born & raised in KC Royals life long fan by the name of her husband can't?? Something isn't right here...

People are rough ridin' idiots

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28447 on: October 18, 2014, 12:28:22 PM »
From facebook:

reply with a link to stubhub

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28448 on: October 18, 2014, 12:30:33 PM »
Yeah I don't understand how people think if Sung Woo wasn't coming, the sky would rain Royals tickets.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28449 on: October 18, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »
Its frustrating that people can't understand what is going on. The Royals will take all this publicity, but this is now mainly ESPN 30 for 30 pushing the new Sung Woo trip and I think its great. A random Korean dude becoming a fan and following the Royals for 20 years is a much more compelling story than some random dude from Lenexa or Lee's Summitt. I wish Royals fans were intelligent enough to understand this.