Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4689359 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #15375 on: August 01, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »
i'm stupid, just to get that out of the way.

BUT

this team's weakness is offense. it's all we talk about. lack of fire power. clutch hitting. no one produces. we don't score runs in bunches.

so why was our big move going to be acquiring a pitcher?

It would have been a fantastic move for next season, considering Shields is going to be gone. You can never have too much quality pitching, really.

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15376 on: August 01, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »

BUT

this team's weakness is offense. it's all we talk about. lack of fire power. clutch hitting. no one produces. we don't score runs in bunches.

It would have been a fantastic move for next season, considering Shields is going to be gone. You can never have too much quality pitching, really.

so "building for the future" is the answer... got it

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15377 on: August 01, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »

BUT

Well, usually you are looking further ahead than just one year when you build for the future. It just would have made a solid rotation that much better and insured that the pitching was still really good next season. oscar Chen's performances with Vargas on the DL show just how fragile solid pitching can be.

I really do think we would have a lot of pissed off people on this forum if Dayton would have traded for Price, though. Accusations of trading away our future to try to save his own ass and whatnot.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15378 on: August 01, 2014, 03:36:28 PM »

BUT

Well, usually you are looking further ahead than just one year when you build for the future. It just would have made a solid rotation that much better and insured that the pitching was still really good next season. oscar Chen's performances with Vargas on the DL show just how fragile solid pitching can be.

I really do think we would have a lot of pissed off people on this forum if Dayton would have traded for Price, though. Accusations of trading away our future to try to save his own ass and whatnot.

I don't even want to think about what we'd be giving up in a trade for Price. I seriously doubt it would have looked as good for KC as it did for Detroit.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #15379 on: August 01, 2014, 03:36:42 PM »

I disagree.  Dayton could have made a big splash, and from the looks of things, made it without giving up too much.  He failed.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15380 on: August 01, 2014, 03:39:54 PM »

BUT

Defense and 8th/9th inning bullpen are the only parts of the team that are World Series caliber. Everything else could be upgraded.

Online 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15381 on: August 01, 2014, 03:45:10 PM »

BUT

Defense and 8th/9th inning bullpen are the only parts of the team that are World Series caliber. Everything else could be upgraded.

i don't disagree, but i just, man, our offense sucks so much more than our pitching. address that first.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15382 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:09 PM »

BUT

i don't disagree, but i just, man, our offense sucks so much more than our pitching. address that first.
its not the whole team that sucks, its the consistency that lacks. billy is going to billy, moose has turned it around (sort of) and now hos is hurt so gordo and salvy have to step their game up even more. I agree wholeheartedly that one big bat would help that. that being said its an approach thing. ned said it (cant remember which night it was) on the royals post game that he basically green lights everybody and they are an aggressive team, which is complete bullshit. you work counts in your favor get to other teams bullpen early in series and play small ball when you have to. Its been a proven formula for 100 years yet ned thinks the hack away at anything approach is going to change the royals fate and its the main reason his ass needs let go sooner than later

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15383 on: August 01, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

BUT

Completely.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #15384 on: August 01, 2014, 04:20:32 PM »
Royals question here.  So, looking at the pitching match ups, we're basically going to get completely clownsuited in this Oakland series, right?
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15385 on: August 01, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »
Royals question here.  So, looking at the pitching match ups, we're basically going to get completely clownsuited in this Oakland series, right?

One would assume. Vargas is a complete unknown if he goes Saturday, I guess Shields/Kazmir is a toss up maybe?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15386 on: August 01, 2014, 04:47:55 PM »
Do these bums play on tv tonight?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15387 on: August 01, 2014, 07:48:37 PM »

One would assume. Vargas is a complete unknown if he goes Saturday, I guess Shields/Kazmir is a toss up maybe?

i'll take kazmire vs the royals offense over shields vs the A's offense every time.

every. time.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15388 on: August 01, 2014, 07:57:15 PM »

i'll take kazmire vs the royals offense over shields vs the A's offense every time.

every. time.

Well yeah if you factor in the lineup each guy is seeing, its Kazmir by a country mile + another regular mile.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15389 on: August 01, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »
Lol at Salvy man that guy is great

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15390 on: August 01, 2014, 08:26:08 PM »
Some how this nugget slipped by me this week, if you need even more reasons to be discouraged:

He also said statistics is only one of 5 ways that evaluate a player. those being salary, health, mental, stats, scouting. All of those 5 are given equal weight."

Then he said this. "We are not the Oakland A's, we are not going to use stats and stats alone to evaluate a player. Then he joked stating that perhaps they should given Oakland's record.

This organization is a dinosaur. The breakdown should be something like: Stats 70%, Salary 10%, Health 10%, Mental 8%, Scouting 2%

http://www.royalsreview.com/2014/7/24/5934431/my-day-with-royals-assistant-gm-dean-taylor

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15391 on: August 01, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »
Lololol at that cf3 considering they just had a 15 minute interview with saber metrics guru Brian bannister on the pregame

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15392 on: August 01, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »
Some how this nugget slipped by me this week, if you need even more reasons to be discouraged:

He also said statistics is only one of 5 ways that evaluate a player. those being salary, health, mental, stats, scouting. All of those 5 are given equal weight."

Then he said this. "We are not the Oakland A's, we are not going to use stats and stats alone to evaluate a player. Then he joked stating that perhaps they should given Oakland's record.

This organization is a dinosaur. The breakdown should be something like: Stats 70%, Salary 10%, Health 10%, Mental 8%, Scouting 2%

http://www.royalsreview.com/2014/7/24/5934431/my-day-with-royals-assistant-gm-dean-taylor

holy crap he absolutely did not say that
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15393 on: August 01, 2014, 08:31:44 PM »

guys. please tell me he didn't say that.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15394 on: August 01, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »

guys. please tell me he didn't say that.

i'm done. i've had it. i'm just finished with this impossibly clueless and idiotic and pathetic excuse for a sports franchise.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15395 on: August 01, 2014, 08:40:36 PM »
Let's rough ridin' Go!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15396 on: August 01, 2014, 08:45:40 PM »
Utterly pathetic if they can't get aoki in

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15397 on: August 01, 2014, 08:46:09 PM »
awful

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15398 on: August 01, 2014, 09:48:17 PM »
That A's batter that thought they were all balls was great.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15399 on: August 01, 2014, 09:53:46 PM »