Author Topic: OFFICAL: help cas4ksu for college  (Read 16148 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICAL: help cas4ksu for college
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »
30 cents is bullshit. 

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »
hmm, what you are describing sounds like Freshman Seminar.  University experience was super gay.

Also KK why bad advice?

the pizza joint thing.  Food industry jobs are overrated and delivery driver is one of the lowest on the totem.  Maybe you loved it, but everything I've experienced says awful job.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »
cas,

do you want to get good grades? Do you want to become something, and go back to scott city and basically take a sh*t on everyone?

just curios. why are you going to college.

my advice to you, become a doctor. do some lame pre-med major, get great grades, join organizations (like kk said) and use that incredible face of yours to slip into medical school.

think about it.

i was almost thinking law.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2010, 06:12:45 PM »
cas,

do you want to get good grades? Do you want to become something, and go back to scott city and basically take a sh*t on everyone?

my advice to you, become a doctor. do some lame pre-med major, get great grades, join organizations (like kk said) and use that incredible face of yours to slip into medical school.

think about it.

Don't choose to do law until you know it's what you want to do 100%.  Don't choose it unless you feel like life just won't be worth living unless you do law.  Most of all, don't choose it if money is your number 1 reason for choosing it.  Anyway, you don't really have to worry about any of that your first couple of years in college because you can major in anything and go to law school.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2010, 06:13:27 PM »
hmm, what you are describing sounds like Freshman Seminar.  University experience was super gay.

Also KK why bad advice?

the pizza joint thing.  Food industry jobs are overrated and delivery driver is one of the lowest on the totem.  Maybe you loved it, but everything I've experienced says awful job.

I was thinking in terms of Cash and free pizza.  Not a great job.  It's probably changed but when I was in school jobs were tough to come by.  

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2010, 06:25:29 PM »
cas,

think about it.

Don't choose to do law until you know it's what you want to do 100%.  Don't choose it unless you feel like life just won't be worth living unless you do law.  Most of all, don't choose it if money is your number 1 reason for choosing it.  Anyway, you don't really have to worry about any of that your first couple of years in college because you can major in anything and go to law school.

yeah exactly. i'm basically going to college to get an education and to prepare for a career. as for the career that i'm going into is a total rough ridin' crap shoot.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2010, 06:53:23 PM »

Also KK why bad advice?

Bingo

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »
Anyone see the banner hanging at "The Loft" saying 10 wings for $1? Is that legit?

Also, if you find the back cover to a droid whilst at tubbys PM me please.  :embarrassed:

as recently as 05 Joe's/tubby's and Porters had 10 cent wings 3 days a week between the two.

do they still do that?

I haven't seen them promoting it if true.  But I just recently turned "of age" so I haven't spent a large amount of time in any of the establishments yet.

Worked at Tubs while in school. They used to have 30 cent wings on tuesday and thursdays.

FYI if your looking for a job in college there is no better place to work than a bar. Good pay, free booze, and tons of beautiful looking people. Its like alantis but real

30 cent wings?  Pshhh.

Used to go to Tula's for MNF.  10 cent wings and insanely cheap pitchers of beer (real pitchers, not those fake little ones).  Something like $3.00, IIRC.
i once ate 50 wings @ Tula's on a bet, friend lost and had to buy my wings and the accompanying beers.

edit* i realize this wasn't a huge feat and it certainly wasn't an epi of Man vs Food, but still, I ate fifty wings and got free beer.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:57:40 PM by pissclams »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
ahhh the bet that can't be lost.

:cheers:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »
alright fellas. going up to look at some frats the next couple of weeks.

should be good.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2010, 10:25:10 PM »
Stop by Nichols hall, give "hemmy" a visit (10:30-11:20)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2010, 01:09:13 AM »
get black out drunk on all possible nights. don't listen to what people say about "self control" and "making an ass out of yourself," if you wake up and can remember everything from the night before, you didn't do your job.

girls love it, and trust me when you're black out drunk you only do things that make you look awesome.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2010, 11:03:44 AM »
get black out drunk on all possible nights. don't listen to what people say about "self control" and "making an ass out of yourself," if you wake up and can remember everything from the night before, you didn't do your job.

girls love it, and trust me when you're black out drunk you only do things that make you look awesome.

Anyone ever have a roomie crap themself?

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2010, 11:14:31 AM »

Twice.  Not roomies but friends.  Once in high school and once in college.  Also had a buddy take a crap in his own front yard on Thurston or Bertrand on a Sunday afternoon. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »
-Live by the work hard, play hard motto, some of the hardest partyers I know are now in med school and making $$$,$$$
-Get involved on campus, it's the best way to meet people
-which ever major you pick get good grades, don't be one of those idiots who comes to class everyday totally wasted from last night and then graduate with a  2.0 gpa, and expect to get a good job (unless you have a rich dad that can hook you up)
-on the weekends even if you're tired or sick go out anyway, you only have 4 or 5 years in college so you gotta make the most of it
-don't get a serious gf until your junior or senior year
-live within walking distance of aggieville when you're 21, it will make your life so much easier
-if you live in a house and want to have parties get a beer pong table, for some reason chicks love beer pong tables
I'm purple down

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2010, 05:36:39 PM »
-Live by the work hard, play hard motto, some of the hardest partyers I know are now in med school and making $$$,$$$
-Get involved on campus, it's the best way to meet people
-which ever major you pick get good grades, don't be one of those idiots who comes to class everyday totally wasted from last night and then graduate with a  2.0 gpa, and expect to get a good job (unless you have a rich dad that can hook you up)
-on the weekends even if you're tired or sick go out anyway, you only have 4 or 5 years in college so you gotta make the most of it
-don't get a serious gf until your junior or senior year
-live within walking distance of aggieville when you're 21, it will make your life so much easier
-if you live in a house and want to have parties get a beer pong table, for some reason chicks love beer pong tables

fantastic stuff. thanks raquetcat.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2010, 06:39:30 PM »
i once ate 50 wings @ Tula's on a bet, friend lost and had to buy my wings and the accompanying beers.

edit* i realize this wasn't a huge feat and it certainly wasn't an epi of Man vs Food, but still, I ate fifty wings and got free beer.

I ate 20 wings doused in their hottest sauce (suicide?  nuclear?  can't remember what it was called) on a bet one Monday night.  Guy said that they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for the sauce, so there were more spices and it was even hotter than normal.  Immediately after, I rubbed my eyes before washing my hands.  I spent the next 10 minutes downstairs in the bathroom with my head under the sink, running water over my eyes.

:blank:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »
Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Anything else is a complete failure.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »
Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Anything else is a complete failure.

older bro ruined it for everyone in your family.  don't ruin it for cas too.

Offline kazzu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2010, 10:38:14 PM »
If you're serious about joining a Fraternity, sign up on the list serv on the greeklife website. That will get your info out to recruitment chairs. Unless you already have one in mind with some buds in it. Hope you find the right one for yah.   :kstatriot:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2010, 10:45:49 PM »

Twice.  Not roomies but friends.  Once in high school and once in college.  Also had a buddy take a crap in his own front yard on Thurston or Bertrand on a Sunday afternoon. 

had a friend crap in his own hand for ten dollars. went behind the bar in the living room. crapped in his own hand. walked out and showed us all. took the crap to the toilet and dropped it in. washed his hands and then promptly collected his ten dollars.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2010, 12:10:19 AM »

had a friend crap in his own hand for ten dollars. went behind the bar in the living room. crapped in his own hand. walked out and showed us all. took the crap to the toilet and dropped it in. washed his hands and then promptly collected his ten dollars.

you're shitting me.
 :lol:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2010, 01:42:54 AM »
major?

open option.  :blank:

That's what I was in. Dont let them sucker you into taking "University Experience" Huge waste of time and money