Author Topic: can spradling pull of the cocky white kid attitude?  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: can spradling pull of the cocky white kid attitude?
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
I don't want Will to get the Reddick persona. I'd rather have him pull off the goofy white guy persona who is completely oblivious to how badass he is.

Totally agree.

Can you imagine if he was hated around the league as much as Keiton Page? Or if other fanbases talked about getting "Spradlinged" the same way we use "Voskuiled"?  :love:

So far, CK is the only guy who's reliably started hate threads on other boards. Really good hate threads need an undersized white guy to trigger them and make undersized, white BBSers feel insecure.

I think Paige is hated on so much because of how he looks and how he's such a little bitch in every other aspect of the game except for making buckets worth three points. Will is more an all-around scrapper-warrior kinda guy. And hopefully will get more and more badass but won't know how badass he is. Don't think he'll draw the normal amount of white hate.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:11:55 PM by Benja »

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »
I haven't hears any interviews from him...does he sound like he has nasal congestion all the time, or a sinus infection? That would be awesome too.  Nerds everywhere would flock to this kid. Our opponents shame would be enormous after losses where Sprads plays well...

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 07:16:41 PM »
I don't want Will to get the Reddick persona. I'd rather have him pull off the goofy white guy persona who is completely oblivious to how badass he is.

Totally agree.

Can you imagine if he was hated around the league as much as Keiton Page? Or if other fanbases talked about getting "Spradlinged" the same way we use "Voskuiled"?  :love:

So far, CK is the only guy who's reliably started hate threads on other boards. Really good hate threads need an undersized white guy to trigger them and make undersized, white BBSers feel insecure.

I think Paige is hated on so much because of how he looks and how he's such a little bitch in every other aspect of the game except for making buckets worth three points. Will is more an all-around scrapper-warrior kinda guy. And hopefully will get more and more badass but won't know how badass he is. Don't think he'll draw the normal amount of white hate.

Not gonna lie. This prospect disappoints me.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: can spradling pull of the crocky white kid attitude?
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 07:35:41 PM »
According to Shannon Spradling (Will's mom), Will took unofficial visits as a junior to, in order: Virginia Tech, Virginia and Nevada-Las Vegas.

:surprised:

Will got personal.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 08:03:28 PM »
Knew Sprads was a player from the first minute I saw him in exhibs.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 08:05:44 PM »
Knew Sprads was a player from the first minute I saw him in exhibs.

you and me both, FAN.  :gocho:

Offline Odd1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
His girlfriend is hauter than donut grease.  Holy shat.

Pics?

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:03 PM »
I haven't hears any interviews from him...does he sound like he has nasal congestion all the time, or a sinus infection?

No, but he sounds like he's 13. At least, he did a year and a half ago:

Offline parrot14

• Fan
  • EMAWesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »
Promotional idea: Fear the Acne
 :ck:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 10:43:28 PM »
I'm all over the Sprads bandwagon.  He's a very good player and way better than I expected.  He held his own against an all ACC guard today.

But...

It's impossible not to notice how much better Jake is.  

Was watching Will today and I was all:  :pbj:

Then Jake finally returned and I was:  :horrorsurprise:

Jake is really, really good and Will has a long, long way to go.  I think he can get somewhere close in a few years.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 10:45:13 PM »
I haven't hears any interviews from him...does he sound like he has nasal congestion all the time, or a sinus infection?

No, but he sounds like he's 13. At least, he did a year and a half ago:

LOL. Yikes.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »
Comparing a senior POY candidate to a true frosh playing his second game is pretty Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  A better comparison would be Pullen as a frosh to Spradling and Pullen was nothing special as a freshman.  Certainly nothing that would have hinted at the player he is today.  I don't think Sprad will ever be as good as Pullen is right now but I do think he is going to be a very nice player for us.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 11:47:11 PM »
Comparing a senior POY candidate to a true frosh playing his second game is pretty Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  A better comparison would be Pullen as a frosh to Spradling and Pullen was nothing special as a freshman.  Certainly nothing that would have hinted at the player he is today.  I don't think Sprad will ever be as good as Pullen is right now but I do think he is going to be a very nice player for us.

:facepalm:

He averaged 9 pts as a freshman and scored 20 in our first home win vs KU in 24 rough ridin' years.

“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 11:52:34 PM »
9 pts/game is special?  Chris Griffin scored 20 pts against NC UCLA his freshman year and I knew, at that moment, Griff would one day be a national POY candidate.  :facepalm: