Author Topic: Packing for a trip  (Read 2241 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Packing for a trip
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »
What kind of packer are you? Do you plan out exactly what your going to wear everyday 2 weeks in advance and only pack what you are planning on wearing? Or do you simply throw a crap ton of clothes in a bag and hour before you leave and hope you have everything ?

I'm part of the latter, if going on business I'll make sure I have enough dress shirts and pants but other than that I just throw some random collection of clothes in my bag and start praying.

I ALWAYS bring a swimsuit, have since I was a kid. You never know what could happen or if the hotel has a sweet pool or what  :love:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Packing for a trip
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »
What kind of packer are you? Do you plan out exactly what your going to wear everyday 2 weeks in advance and only pack what you are planning on wearing? Or do you simply throw a crap ton of clothes in a bag and hour before you leave and hope you have everything ?

I'm part of the latter, if going on business I'll make sure I have enough dress shirts and pants but other than that I just throw some random collection of clothes in my bag and start praying.

I ALWAYS bring a swimsuit, have since I was a kid. You never know what could happen or if the hotel has a sweet pool or what  :love:

I'm like you, but striving to change.  All the other VegasPak'rs were all "wtf is w/trim and his giant checked bag?".  I also consistently bring a swimsuit.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
I lay out outfits the night before to make sure I have every day covered plus 1. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:57:38 PM »
Put a bunch in the suitcase, mainly make sure I have something for all occasions (comfort, business, and casual).  Also make sure I and prepared for any weather hiccups.  Always forget my swimming trunks.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:06:58 PM »
i pack the morning I'm leaving, takes me about 10 minutes.  that's just how rough ridin' organized my life is.

i can last a week with the clothes in a carry-on.

i start with socks and boxers and go from there.  load up few pairs of shorts or a couple pairs of jeans and bunch of polos.  i figure if i forget something i will just pick it up where ever i am going.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »
Credit card, road atlas, 3 changes of clothes.  Worked for me on a ten week trip.   :users:

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 03:22:34 PM »
I lay out outfits the night before to make sure I have every day covered plus 1. 
+1

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
1 pair of underwear per 3 days works for me
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »
I usually attempt to pack the night before which is when I realize that I need to wash all of the clothes I'm taking.  So it ends up being a few hours before I leave.  Very efficient.  No sense in wasting too much time.  My style annoys the living crap out of Mrs. Wichita though.  She's a start packing two weeks ahead kind of person.  Probably a result of the smaller female brain. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 04:47:58 PM »
I might plan a couple of specific outfits, but in general just try to make sure everything I take coordinates and is versatile incase I need to change unexpectedly.   

And the secret to packing is to roll everything instead of folding.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 05:13:14 PM »