Author Topic: how good are we?  (Read 7189 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
how good are we?
« on: November 09, 2010, 04:17:53 AM »
we smashed wu pretty good, but it was kind of close at halftime. i caught some of franks postgame in my 2003 s40 and he said we aren't even running set offensive plays, and well, he just seems pretty confident.

we could be really really good, and this #3 thing may not be the joke we think it is. but who knows?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: how good are we?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 06:45:55 AM »
solid top 15.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 06:50:40 AM »
I again predict ku will beat us 3 times
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 07:02:12 AM »
we smashed wu pretty good, but it was kind of close at halftime. i caught some of franks postgame in my 2003 s40 and he said we aren't even running set offensive plays, and well, he just seems pretty confident.

we could be really really good, and this #3 thing may not be the joke we think it is. but who knows?

Did you watch #4 Pitt play last night?  We would smash them a new one.  So, stands to reason, we are ranked correctly at #3.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:10:12 AM »
Yeah, Pitt looked like garbage.  TX canadians looked pretty good though.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 07:28:59 AM »
Tennessee lost an exhibition game.  As did Xavier. 

We are good, but still have spots to step up.  I was most pleased to see us play suffocating defense for long stretches vs Wash.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 07:44:04 AM »
reach your arms out on each side as far as you can.  we're that good.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »

he also said at halftime our self proclaimed #1 front court needs to start making layups.   :runaway:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
tired legs equals shorties left too short.  we will be fine once we stop practicing before games.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 07:53:09 AM »

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 08:29:11 AM »
I was most pleased to see us play suffocating defense for long stretches vs Wash.
This, we have so many weapons on offense that we shouldn't have a problem scoring. The question is the D, and Sunday looked pretty good for that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 08:55:23 AM »
i think we are a decent team that could be great if the players would quit referring to their coach as "Frank".  it's an obvious sign that the players don't respect their coach and i think it's disgusting.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »
I was most pleased to see us play suffocating defense for long stretches vs Wash.
This, we have so many weapons on offense that we shouldn't have a problem scoring. The question is the D, and Sunday looked pretty good for that.

I have pretty LBBIQ but I was never worried about our D coming into this season. 

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 09:21:14 AM »

I have pretty LBBIQ but I was never worried about our D coming into this season. 
Not necessarily worried, it is just going to be the deciding factor on whether we get to see Mcgruder and Judge show off their skills on the offensive end or if Frank will have to go with less offensively skilled guys who can play D. Which he will, so I guess I shouldn't be worried about the D, just about the D of the guys who I think are some of our best offensive threats.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 09:27:31 AM »

Not necessarily worried, it is just going to be the deciding factor on whether we get to see Mcgruder and Judge show off their skills on the offensive end or if Frank will have to go with less offensively skilled guys who can play D. Which he will, so I guess I shouldn't be worried about the D, just about the D of the guys who I think are some of our best offensive threats.

I have pretty LBBIQ but I don't think Judge has any skills on the offensive end.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »

The concern is how well do the new guys and returners who didn't play much adapt to playing Martin's style of defense.  We know some of the returners can defend, but the quality of our depth will be determined by the new comers being able to come in and do that as well.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:23 AM »

The concern is how well do the new guys and returners who didn't play much adapt to playing Martin's style of defense.  We know some of the returners can defend, but the quality of our depth will be determined by the new comers being able to come in and do that as well.

the past few years have taught me that there is a learning curve for anyone new to the Huggins/Martin mentality on defense, not just focused on freshman and younger players.  you've got to have quick feet on d to avoid fouling out within minutes of hitting the floor.  this is how Tay earns his minutes and OJ will.

i think freddy and sprads will have the most problems.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:32 AM »

the past few years have taught me that there is a learning curve for anyone new to the Huggins/Martin mentality on defense, not just focused on freshman and younger players.  you've got to have quick feet on d to avoid fouling out within minutes of hitting the floor.  this is how Tay earns his minutes and OJ will.

Yes, this will be interesting to watch.  I will say that at least in the exhibitions Sprads getting beat reminded me of Clemente getting beat.  He was at least trying to pressure the ball most of the time when he got beat whichFrank seems to tolerate over simply being lazy or not being in position (see Russell and at times McGruds).  The only time Sprads got pulled was when he made stupid TOs, not b/c of his defense.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
ya sprads has the where/why down.  hard to believe that russell still struggles with defenese. 

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 10:04:36 AM »
having 3 threats from beyond the arc on the floor at the same time is a huge improvement and will make things easier inside as well.
Freddy for Colon is a strataspheric trade-up, I suspect this team will be alot better than last year. :cyclist:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »
I have pretty LBBIQ but I don't think Judge has any skills on the offensive end.

he can shoot.  very raw w/ back to basket.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 10:21:50 AM »

Also why DPete probably won't be seeing many minutes for quite a while.   :cry:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 10:25:26 AM »

The concern is how well do the new guys and returners who didn't play much adapt to playing Martin's style of defense.  We know some of the returners can defend, but the quality of our depth will be determined by the new comers being able to come in and do that as well.

the past few years have taught me that there is a learning curve for anyone new to the Huggins/Martin mentality on defense, not just focused on freshman and younger players.  you've got to have quick feet on d to avoid fouling out within minutes of hitting the floor.  this is how Tay earns his minutes and OJ will.

Also why DPete probably won't be seeing many minutes for quite a while.   :cry:

actually, rumblings DPete is a good defender

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »
Frank seems very confident. Not sure what to think about that.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 10:27:10 AM »

he can shoot.  very raw w/ back to basket.

He can dunk. The rest of his offensive game is very meh, to put it nicely.