Author Topic: Mack Brown  (Read 88609 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mack Brown
« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »

Shaw

Hi SD. Have a question for you.  There is no way Shaw turns UT down, right?

Hi zacker. Shaw would be on the first and fastest horse out of town if Texas winked at him.

Just like Saban right? No one can resist the siren call of lovely Austin, Texas, America's Ibiza.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Mack Brown
« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2013, 10:11:58 AM »
Hi sd-

When will Pelini be fired like predicted?  It's getting late

Hi LSOC-

He won't be. Whatever idiot said he would be is an idiot.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2013, 10:12:45 AM »
 :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »

Shaw

Hi SD. Have a question for you.  There is no way Shaw turns UT down, right?

Hi zacker. Shaw would be on the first and fastest horse out of town if Texas winked at him.

Just like Saban right? No one can resist the siren call of lovely Austin, Texas, America's Ibiza.

Hi MIR-

Yes, Saban would have gone to Texas if they wanted him.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »
Saban milked the UT offer for more money.  He didn't kill the rumor until he got more money.  Saban would've been gone if Bama didn't pony up.  Austin is better than Tuscaloosa, but that's not why Saban would leave.  Saban would've left for money and power.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2013, 10:22:53 AM »
Hmmmm, I just heard Finebaum say that they pursued him last year and this year, he's a lying jerk. He and old ass Red McCombs.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
Saban milked the UT offer for more money.  He didn't kill the rumor until he got more money.  Saban would've been gone if Bama didn't pony up.  Austin is better than Tuscaloosa, but that's not why Saban would leave.  Saban would've left for money and power.

:dubious:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2013, 10:32:21 AM »

:confused: Sure power is a vague reference, but the guy has a giant office with an automatic closing office door tied to a button on his desk.  Thats not about convenience, its a power move.  The reason the SEC is better than the Big 12 is Saban and if he were at UT, the SEC point would die a quick death.  Own TV network at his disposal (that has an ESPN deal), largest athletic dept, being in the best recruiting state, Saban would absolutely have more power at UT.  I don't think he even cares about the money, he just wants it to show how much better he is than everybody else.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 15, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »

:confused: Sure power is a vague reference, but the guy has a giant office with an automatic closing office door tied to a button on his desk.  Thats not about convenience, its a power move.  The reason the SEC is better than the Big 12 is Saban and if he were at UT, the SEC point would die a quick death.  Own TV network at his disposal (that has an ESPN deal), largest athletic dept, being in the best recruiting state, Saban would absolutely have more power at UT.  I don't think he even cares about the money, he just wants it to show how much better he is than everybody else.

The LHN isn't at his disposal, not even close. Mack had multiple complaints about how intrusive it was, a college football coach isn't telling ESPN what to do. Also Texas has multiple billion dollar donors including the guy who has his name on the field and who is one of the most powerful attorneys in the country. At Bama he's swimming with bumpkins whose entire existence is Bammer Football. That isn't the case at UT, that coach has about a dozen bosses who are stone cold businessmen. This is why Mora is a bad fit, he's a hothead that can't play the political game necessary there.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »
am I the only one kinda meh about Franklin?  I mean, what he's done at Vanderbilt is quasi-impressive, given the context of the program.  But, sample size is incredibly small and his best finish is 4th in an incredibly weak East Division.  I'll certainly give him credit for successfully being a black coach, but not sure that's enough to take over at UT. 

Shaw, on the other hand, is a stud.

If I were UT, I'd be working the back channels with Pete Carroll, who I'm sure will be ready to foray back into the college game after he checks Super Bowl off the list this year. 

Offline Michiganisstillgood

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 15, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »
I would be hesitant to hire Shaw at a place like UT, all he's done is not run what Harbaugh built into the ground. Maybe he's a great coach, but I don't think there's enough data to give him this big of a job.

At least with Strong you know he's largely built his own program (along with being a successful coordinator).

Maybe Shaw turns out to be better down the road, but I don't see him as the sure fire home run that others do.

You do realize Shaw has done a better job with the program than Harbaugh did, right? And without Andrew Luck? He is a phenomenal coach. Not leaving Stanford for anywhere but the NFL though.

He had more initial success, but he basically just took over what Harbaugh had built. He took over a 12-1 team and has had 3 consecutive 2 loss seasons. Which is good, but hard to say he has done a better job with the program, considering he's just treaded water with harbaugh's players and Harbaugh took over a 1-11 team when he started. Not to mention, Harbaugh took the 9'ers to the NFC champ game and then the Super Bowl, so he's proven himself.

Shaw also had Luck in 2011 so not sure what you're saying there. He may be phenomenal coach, I just don't think you give him the Texas Job until you see his results 4/5 years after Harbaugh's gone.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 15, 2013, 11:11:12 AM »
Shaw would be my number one.

Sumlin

Briles

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 15, 2013, 11:13:26 AM »

Money AND power?!?  :sdeek:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »
Mack complained about how intrusive LHN was because he was losing more than UT fans liked.  It was one part excuse and one part frustration that it was continually showing a "losing" team that fans weren't happy with.  He doesn't get to tell ESPN what to do, but he has an ESPN broadcasting crew in his backyard.  Weekly he would have sportscenter segments about some non-story or "A day in the life."  I think politics is an issue when you don't win, and he would win.  I think the multiple Billionaires is a plus for UT as it would tie him in with huge power brokers, so maybe we just have to agree to disagree on that (and all of this).

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 15, 2013, 11:26:56 AM »

"League sources say Chip Kelly is prominent on the new list of new Longhorns AD Steve Patterson, who's heard that Kelly misses some aspects of the college football game," Mortensen said. "If Kelly is interested, an NCAA expert believes that the 18-month show cause for sanctions at Oregon was more like a slap on the wrist and was not a major hurdle."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 15, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
Who would Bob Stoops least like to see at Texas? 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 15, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »

I would say Pete Carroll but I don't think it would happen

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 15, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »

"League sources say Chip Kelly is prominent on the new list of new Longhorns AD Steve Patterson, who's heard that Kelly misses some aspects of the college football game," Mortensen said. "If Kelly is interested, an NCAA expert believes that the 18-month show cause for sanctions at Oregon was more like a slap on the wrist and was not a major hurdle."

We would be so mumped.

Shaw did not build Stanford, Jim Harbaugh did and left his entire staff there when he left.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 15, 2013, 11:56:37 AM »

Do not want.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 15, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
chip kelly would be awesome you idiots

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 15, 2013, 12:04:10 PM »

We would be so mumped.

Shaw did not build Stanford, Jim Harbaugh did and left his entire staff there when he left.

:facepalm: no he didn't

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 15, 2013, 12:10:18 PM »

Either Harbaugh.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 15, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »
Please get Sumlin.  Just pleasepleaseplease

This is my second choice behind Dennis Franchione. The nuclear meltdown here would just be amazeballs

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 15, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »
A live SD breakdown of the mack presser would be amazeballs. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 15, 2013, 01:08:01 PM »
A live SD breakdown of the mack presser would be amazeballs.

:love: