Author Topic: Mack Brown  (Read 89403 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: Mack Brown
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2013, 08:54:02 AM »

Besides, the season of '15 is our best chance to win the conference again maybe for the rest of our lives an hopefully Saban wouldn't have the UT ball rolling at full momentum at that point.

:dubious:

Year 2 under a new coach is usually when college football programs make a major step forward. Alabama made the leap from 7 wins to 12 wins in Saban's 2nd year. Also see Tressel at tOSU, Meyer at UF, or Stoops at OU if you need more proof.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 13, 2013, 08:54:36 AM »
and lol at idiots being terrified of saban. missouri is in the championship game and not alabama. shitty unompetitive in the b12 missouri.
Not a completely analogous comparison, but agree on meh MU.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 13, 2013, 09:01:14 AM »
and lol at idiots being terrified of saban. missouri is in the championship game and not alabama. shitty unompetitive in the b12 missouri.

Missouri was in the championship game because they are in the division that does not have Alabama, Auburn and LSU.  The same Missouri that went to the Big 12 championship game two out of their last four years in the conference.  So Missouri's success this year has nothing to do with what Nick Saban will do to the rest of the Big 12.
@lopakman

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »

Missouri was in the championship game because they are in the division that does not have Alabama, Auburn and LSU.  The same Missouri that went to the Big 12 championship game two out of their last four years in the conference.  So Missouri's success this year has nothing to do with what Nick Saban will do to the rest of the Big 12.
how much meth are you on lopak?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 13, 2013, 09:05:43 AM »
Texas being good is good for the Big 12. The Big 12 being good is also good for K-State. Nick Saban at Texas is good for K-State.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2013, 09:09:08 AM »

how much meth are you on lopak?

I might still be drunk from last night.
@lopakman

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »
Texas being good is good for the Big 12. The Big 12 being good is also good for K-State. Nick Saban at Texas is good for K-State.

when I was a younger, more foolish lad, I used to root against other BigXII schools because I felt that it was better for K-State. 

Not so anymore.  Indeed, a strong conference is better for KSU.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2013, 09:14:13 AM »

the official non-loser stance (C) michigancat

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »

Texas being average in '11 and '12 seemed to be pretty good for K-State too...  :dunno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »

the official non-loser stance (C) michigancat

Yes, its not hard.

The league needs some national titles (in sports that people care about). Its been since 05 in football and 08 and basketball.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »

Texas being average in '11 and '12 seemed to be pretty good for K-State too...  :dunno:

Short term, yes. It was great to beat them and be nationally relevant, but long term K-State needs the Big 12 to be good, and the driver of the bus for this league is clearly Texas.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2013, 09:21:30 AM »
if Texas becomes the new Bama, will they bolt to the PAC?   :ohno:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »

What's the point in trying to be a nationally relevant football program if you're afraid to play good teams. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2013, 09:29:01 AM »
I wish this was an irl conversation so I could choke every one of you who thinks Saban is going to Texas, I'd choke all of you within an inch of your lives. Guess I'll have to settle for an internet mushing of everyone in 72 hours. We're wasting good time discussing whether or not they will have to go to their third choice because David Shaw may say no too.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »
:rolleyes:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 13, 2013, 09:38:09 AM »
Cutcliffe

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 13, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
Cutcliffe

That would have to be like choice 17, 639 for them

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 13, 2013, 09:44:23 AM »
I wish this was an irl conversation so I could choke every one of you who thinks Saban is going to Texas, I'd choke all of you within an inch of your lives. Guess I'll have to settle for an internet mushing of everyone in 72 hours. We're wasting good time discussing whether or not they will have to go to their third choice because David Shaw may say no too.

Agreed. It's going to be really awkward in Austin when nobody wants to coach there.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 13, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »
Other than Saban, UT will get whomever they want.  fact. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »

Agreed. It's going to be really awkward in Austin when nobody wants to coach there.

you have a terribly delicious looking avatar bruh

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:37 AM »
I don't think there's that many people here that have said "Saban IS going to Texas", dumbass. But, we are all very sorry to take your time away from bodybuilding.com and punching your pillow.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 13, 2013, 10:14:44 AM »

:nono: That's not what I said

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 13, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »

:popcorn:
bears are fast...

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 13, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »

Dude, do you have anger management issues! It seems like that could become a problem in everyday situations?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 13, 2013, 10:26:36 AM »

Beating a BCS-worthy Texas may have gotten us a BCS bid in 2011.