Author Topic: Melo!!  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Poonhound69

• Fan
    • View Profile
Melo!!
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:17:51 PM »
Great human being.  Only reason he wants out of the MHC is to sell more shoes. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Melo!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 12:44:04 AM »
Dude is a tremendous pussy.  Only reason he wants out of Denver and into NYC is because of his wife's "career."

Offline Poonhound69

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 01:25:12 AM »
If anybody knows tremendous pussy it is me.  And you sound like a tremendous pussy with that claim.  Melo's maximum profitability is not in Denver, he gave it a fair shot and it isn't benefiting him anymore.  I don't blame him for wanting out of that shithole. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 01:37:33 AM »
Just what they said on PTI bro.  And who would rather live in NYC than Denver?  Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) pussies, that's who.

Offline Poonhound69

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 01:55:44 AM »
La La's "career" will be done in a matter of days by comparison to what Melo can earn by signing with the Nuggs prior to the impending labor dispute in the League.  Melo will never be the brand in Denver that he can be in NYC, and he's willing to sacrifice any shot at a championship to sell some Melo15 kicks. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 02:11:47 AM »
So... He wants to forfeit tens of millions to move to one of the most expensive cities in the world and play basketball on one of the worst teams in the league to improve his shoe sales a bit?  Dude is already marketed about as well as anyone not named Kobe or Lebron, it's not like he's suddenly going to appear in more commercials because he plays home games at MSG.  Name the last huge name to wear a Knicks uniform.  Ewing?  How many endorsements did that guy have?  Melo would be much better off forfeiting a bit of salary so Denver could sign some teammates for him and try to build his brand by winning a freaking championship in Denver.  But he won't cause LaLa wears the pants and she wants NYC.  Pussy.  Case closed.

Offline Poonhound69

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »
Yeah exactly.  His logic doesn't make sense and La La's career probably does have something to do with it, but his earning potential from a playing standpoint can't be touched by any other franchise than the Nuggs and they are naive to think that her career is as anywhere significant as his.  So, why would he want out of Denver to go to a franchise that isn't as close to the competitive level that the Nuggs are and won't be able to pay him a salary that the Nuggs can if it's not about marketability and shoe/jersey sales? 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 11:26:45 AM »
Dude, I don't think the endorsement deals include percentages of units sold.  At least, I've never heard of a player (other than Jordan w/ jumpman) having a deal like that.  Pretty sure it's just a flat rate.  Sure, if his name sells more product he'll get a bigger deal but how much more exposure will he get with the suck ass Knicks than with the Nuggs?

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 11:41:46 PM »
Dude, I don't think the endorsement deals include percentages of units sold.  At least, I've never heard of a player (other than Jordan w/ jumpman) having a deal like that.  Pretty sure it's just a flat rate.  Sure, if his name sells more product he'll get a bigger deal but how much more exposure will he get with the suck ass Knicks than with the Nuggs?

qft, from a Nugs fan's perspective, I don't think he's going to sell more shoes in NY. Kinda like the LeBron situation but without rough ridin' it up so badly and becoming the most hated athlete in the U.S. LeBron was marketed to the max IN CLEVELAND and I don't think his move will end up making a difference in pub.

fwiw, his (Melo's) mansion was on the market long before any rumors of him bolting arose, and he still has a penthouse near downtown, so it's not like his crap is already packed. He will go, but nobody will care. He's a top-five player in the NBA but only a top-20 icon.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Poonhound69

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 01:14:29 AM »
Melo would've gotten that call last night if he played for the Knickerbockers.