Author Topic: New $600 billion dollar spending spree!  (Read 11898 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
New $600 billion dollar spending spree!
« on: November 03, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »
Obama is printing $600 billion just to have something to spend! Hello hyper inflation, goodbye dollar! :goodbyecruelworld:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New $600 billion dollar spending spree!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 05:31:46 PM »
Doesn't congress control the "purse strings" so to say?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »
Obama is printing $600 billion just to have something to spend! Hello hyper inflation, goodbye dollar! :goodbyecruelworld:

Sure would be great if you Tea tards would take at least one civics class before talking.

Offline opcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:33:39 PM »

Sure would be great if you Tea tards would take at least one civics class before talking.

So lets hear it dummycrat.  Increasing the debt is a great thing and has unemployment to 10%.
MY NIGGA

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:39:30 PM »

So lets hear it dummycrat.  Increasing the debt is a great thing and has unemployment to 10%.

Reading comprehension would be a good class to follow the civics class.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »
its the fed. buying up a bunch of cac  :users:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »

The feds are buying worthless treasury bonds with printed money, what else do you need to know?

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »
Obama doesn't control monetary policy--that's the Fed Governors. 

p.s. you sound like an idiot

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »

The feds are buying worthless treasury bonds with printed money, what else do you need to know?

Take an economics class.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 08:44:11 PM »

Take an economics class.

I took engg econ and got an A?   :ck:  Why don't you econ majors explain how printing $600 billion will help. It might me feel better.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 09:04:05 PM »

Take an economics class.

I took engg econ and got an A?   :ck:  Why don't you econ majors explain how printing $600 billion will help. It might me feel better.

CPI.  Look up the last two years.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »
It's debatable.  It might not help much.  The point is that it wasn't Obama's decision.  Although it looks like inflation isn't a concern at this time. 

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 10:44:29 PM »
Zimbabwe.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 10:56:25 PM »
Zimbabwe.

Please provide the similar economics between the U.S. and Zimbabwe. Show your work.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 12:30:17 AM »
Are we gonna end up like Greece? The economy may collapse and its Bush's fault as much as it is Barry's. Right left paradigm at work here people. Martial law will be enacted and we get to go to FEMA camps! Fun!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »
Are we gonna end up like Greece? The economy may collapse and its Bush's fault as much as it is Barry's. Right left paradigm at work here people. Martial law will be enacted and we get to go to FEMA camps! Fun!

I saw Bush on t.v. at the baseball game, looked like he was not doing much with fiscal policy.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »

Take an economics class.

It will lower long term bond rates which will give the should give a modest boost to the economy. The markets have reacted well to it in the last couple days.

To date, rapid inflation has never occurred while unemployment is high. The bigger concern is deflation. I've heard Gov. Brownback say that we are very lucky to have Bernanke as the Chair right now if that eases your conservative concerns.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »

Take an economics class.

It will lower long term bond rates which will give the should give a modest boost to the economy. The markets have reacted well to it in the last couple days.

To date, rapid inflation has never occurred while unemployment is high. The bigger concern is deflation. I've heard Gov. Brownback say that we are very lucky to have Bernanke as the Chair right now if that eases your conservative concerns.

That may have been true when products were produced in the US, but now that we are dependent on foreign goods, the weakened dollar will certainly increase inflation, especially oil. Look for $150 a barrel oil very soon, and an increasingly weak economy. Still think it's a bad move. 

Sugar Dick

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 01:06:26 PM »
Free Money and Banking Lesson:

The Fed and the Treasury are necessarily apart of one another although distinct in practice.  The Fed can't implement QE unless there is a supply of bonds (issued by the Treas) to purchase.  If the Fed fails, the whole banking system comes crashing down and the Treasury is bankrupt by virtue of being unable to sell bonds and therefore unable to meet its present maturing financial obligations (this concept is known as "liquidity").

QE is an "Accounting Fiction" because the Fed doesn't actually have cash to credit to the bank, it just makes a credit entry (debit to the bank) on its book which is backed by the "full faith" of the govt.

In this case the Fed is giving banks a credit (money on balance sheet) in exchange for shitty bonds (not just Treas Bonds this time, could be wrong) the bank currently owns and deposits with the Fed [Bank delivers bond to Fed, Fed credits cash to bank in amount of bond].  By having cash (which doesn't really exist b/c the Fed doesn't have any) on its balance sheet the bank has increased its reserves, which it can turn around and lend 10x the amount on (fractional banking).  This is when the money is printed.  The hope is that the banks will lend the money to people and not turn around and buy more bonds that aren't nearly as shitty.   FYI- buying a bond is in essence making a loan (for the dumber posters on this board).

If too much money is dumped into the economy, rather than back to the Treasury in the form of purchasing less shitty bonds, inflation happens.  To date this has not occurred because banks are too scared to lend money because they've had no idea what the democrat government was going to do with legislation and how it would effect the potential borrowers and themselves.  With repubs soon in charge of the house (perhaps more importantly with Pelosi out), more certainty exists and there may be a stronger likelihood that banks lend.  With all the cash already on the balance sheets from TARP and stimilus and all the new cash from this QE there could be hyperinflation.  IMO, the only thing keeping inflation from occurring in the current environment is the banks own fear of unknown losses in their current portfolios which they will protect by hoarding cash.

Obama doesn't understand high school economics, let alone the fractional banking system,  so I doubt he's intervening much more than what Geitner says he should do, which in and of itself is frightening.

Feel free to criticize and act like an bad person.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »
I bet Sugar Dick is one of those people who thinks that a loan is a zero sum instrument since the bank records it as an asset and the borrower records it as a debt. Add them together and you get 0.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
Yep the Fed Dances With Match and Gasoline in hand . . . it could work out great, it could be the end . . . stay tuned.

Just in case I suggest  you all go out and buy wagons and large bags to carry around the cash you'll need to buy a loaf of bread.

Just waiting for '06 to drop the austerity word and compare the U.S. economic machine both from a GDP and Debt Level to some piss ant country.

When the national debt exceeds annual GDP . . . what then??   Buy more printing presses for the treasury . . . put up a statue of Paul Krugman . . . what??  Tell the Chinese to pissoff??

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »
Yep the Fed Dances With Match and Gasoline in hand . . . it could work out great, it could be the end . . . stay tuned.

Just in case I suggest  you all go out and buy wagons and large bags to carry around the cash you'll need to buy a loaf of bread.

Just waiting for '06 to drop the austerity word and compare the U.S. economic machine both from a GDP and Debt Level to some piss ant country.

When the national debt exceeds annual GDP . . . what then??   Buy more printing presses for the treasury . . . put up a statue of Paul Krugman . . . what??  Tell the Chinese to pissoff??

No need to. Republicans should have the economy booming again by late February right?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 05:05:33 PM »
I bet Sugar Dick is one of those people who thinks that a loan is a zero sum instrument since the bank records it as an asset and the borrower records it as a debt. Add them together and you get 0.

you're an idiot

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »

you're an idiot

Great argument sparky. I'm totally convinced.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:17:14 PM by 06wildcat »

Sugar Dick

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 05:14:28 PM »

you're an idiot

Great argument sparky. I'm totally convinced.

Good, I'm glad you know you're an idiot.