Author Topic: Honeymoon Ideas  (Read 20866 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: Honeymoon Ideas
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 03:06:56 PM »
Hows Jackson Hole?

Jackson Hole isn't as good as Corn Hole.    :cool: :lol:   :lol: 

:lol:   :runaway:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »
Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta.

It's an adults only, boutique resort.   Very nice....has it's own little beach club where you can relax without being hounded by the masses.

We've been to Playa Del Carmen and while we loved it, we would chose to go back to Puerto Vallarta in the future.

Does the all inclusive include drinks?  Or do you have to pay for those separate? (I've seen it both ways with the "all inclusive" label)

All inclusive.   This place is top shelf.   We saw a couple at the pool get a bottle of blue label.  No lie.  

No buffets, all menu service.   Great food.   Last night there we were invited to eat surf and turf on the beach by the concierge.     Do not let it scare you that the resort is not beach front.   It is 1/4 mile from the beach, but they have van that will take you to the beach club whenever you want.    We were there the 2 weeks before the big swine flu scare last year, and from what I understand they closed during the scare and renovated much of the resort, so it should be even nicer.

You also have access to the adjoining Velas Vallarta (standard mexican resort) or Grand Velas north of town (spa resort)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150793-d155190-Reviews-Casa_Velas_Boutique_Hotel-Puerto_Vallarta_Pacific_Coast.html

If you have any relatives with either RCI or are retired military, you can probably get lodging for the whole week for about $300.   That's what we did. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:42:15 PM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline Doomagon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 03:42:52 PM »
I hear Haiti is nice. Might be able to get a cheap deal on an all inclusive tent.  :dunno:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 03:51:37 PM »

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »

It's an adults only, boutique resort.   Very nice....has it's own little beach club where you can relax without being hounded by the masses.

We've been to Playa Del Carmen and while we loved it, we would chose to go back to Puerto Vallarta in the future.

Does the all inclusive include drinks?  Or do you have to pay for those separate? (I've seen it both ways with the "all inclusive" label)

All inclusive.   This place is top shelf.   We saw a couple at the pool get a bottle of blue label.  No lie.  

No buffets, all menu service.   Great food.   Last night there we were invited to eat surf and turf on the beach by the concierge.     Do not let it scare you that the resort is not beach front.   It is 1/4 mile from the beach, but they have van that will take you to the beach club whenever you want.    We were there the 2 weeks before the big swine flu scare last year, and from what I understand they closed during the scare and renovated much of the resort, so it should be even nicer.

You also have access to the adjoining Velas Vallarta (standard mexican resort) or Grand Velas north of town (spa resort)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150793-d155190-Reviews-Casa_Velas_Boutique_Hotel-Puerto_Vallarta_Pacific_Coast.html

If you have any relatives with either RCI or are retired military, you can probably get lodging for the whole week for about $300.   That's what we did. 

Thanks Mikey this is helpful.  This place has 300 fantastic reviews.  I'm going to look in to this a bit more and see what the lady thinks. 

Still up for suggestions. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 04:16:40 PM »

Thanks Mikey this is helpful.  This place has 300 fantastic reviews.  I'm going to look in to this a bit more and see what the lady thinks. 

Still up for suggestions. 

You won't regret it if that's what you decide.   PM me if you need any more advice on PV.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 04:53:19 PM »
Getting married in June, and trying to figure out where to go for a honeymoon afterwards.  We were thinking Paradisus in the Dominican Republic.  We were at the Paradisus in Cancun and really liked it.

We have thrown around some other ideas (Chateau Lake Luise, Napa Valley, and such).  We are trying to keep it under $5k.

Any suggestions? 

TIA

did sandals in Ocho Rios Jamaica for under 5 grand 3 years ago.

Cannot go wrong with Puerto Vallarta though.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 05:12:04 PM »
Have you picked out any sexual positions or "acts" that you haven't done before?  It's common place to try something new on the honeymoon, and even if she doesn't say so now, she'll be expecting it.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »
This wouldn't be for everyone, but my wife and I had a great time in the Seattle area.  It's not rainy in the summer.  You can get away from the heat, though.  Few bugs or flies--we kept the windows open at night and never saw a bug in the room.

Good places to take hikes.  Beautiful 250' waterfall just east of town. Whale watching is well worth it and only a couple hour drive away.  Plenty of time to stroll around the downtown area and enjoy the waterfront.  Olympic Nat'l park is a short drive away.  Got a nice little B&B for only $90 a night just a block from a fairy station in view of downtown.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 05:51:06 PM »
Another bonus about Casa Velas is it's 10 minutes from the airport.       Our friends honeymooned in Jamaica and it was 4 hours to the resort!   :excited:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »
Have you picked out any sexual positions or "acts" that you haven't done before?  It's common place to try something new on the honeymoon, and even if she doesn't say so now, she'll be expecting it.
remember to consider each and every orifice equally.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 07:01:17 PM »

Can't emphasize this enough.  For example, everyone loves a little "how do you do" with an index finger "you know where."  :adios:

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »

This. Puerto Vallarta is amazing.

But if you do wind up in the Yucatan because of the really cheap airfare, look in to Isla Holbox. It's a couple of hours from Cancun by bus or car... not nearly as touristy... and very, VERY, romantic  :fatty:

My wife just spent some time in Belize at Turtle Inn... it might be out of your price range.... but spectacular. The Blue Hole is accessible if you are in to diving and such.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 07:49:30 AM »
The Blue Hole is accessible if you are in to diving and such.

:fatty:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 08:55:25 AM »

This. Puerto Vallarta is amazing.

But if you do wind up in the Yucatan because of the really cheap airfare, look in to Isla Holbox. It's a couple of hours from Cancun by bus or car... not nearly as touristy... and very, VERY, romantic  :fatty:

My wife just spent some time in Belize at Turtle Inn... it might be out of your price range.... but spectacular. The Blue Hole is accessible if you are in to diving and such.

Definitely leaning towards Puerta Vallarta.  Casa Velas is the #2 out of 100+ resorts or places to stay in Puerta Vallarta, and has nothing but amazing reviews.  Honeymoon all inclusive package for 5 nights is only $2,300.  Plane tickets right now with tax is around $425/per.  This seems hard to match.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »
We went to PV in Aug '08, had a great time.  We stayed near Sayulita (small fishing and surfing village north of PV) for a few nights, it was amazing, beautiful and no touristy crowds.  We stayed at Playa Escondida, it has a private secluded beach, open air thached roof bungalows right on the water. I want to go back...incredible.  Very affordable as well.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »
Champgne glass hot tubs and heart shaped pools in-room at Caesars Pocono Resorts FTW!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »
if you're looking at the left side of mexico you need to check out

http://www.careyes.com/

it's a clams favorite, i stayed there last spring and cant wait to go back.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 11:28:34 AM »
if you're looking at the left side of mexico you need to check out

http://www.careyes.com/

it's a clams favorite, i stayed there last spring and cant wait to go back.

Clams that place looks redic.  You stay in the castle that is $7,000/night?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2010, 01:50:32 PM »
nope, that was like where Heidi Klum and Seal were. we stayed in one of the ones that was like $300 a night.  the wedding couple got one of the $2k a night villas, it was super pimp.  they all sit right on the ocean in the little cove, they're all pimp really.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »
nope, that was like where Heidi Klum and Seal were. we stayed in one of the ones that was like $300 a night.  the wedding couple got one of the $2k a night villas, it was super pimp.  they all sit right on the ocean in the little cove, they're all pimp really.

How long were you there?  All-inclusive type?  Did the wedding couple get upgraded for free or is that what they wanted?  Lotta questions I know.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 01:58:32 PM »

I remember this thread from ksufans and thinking it was elite then.  Did I ask how you got there?  Fly into PV and drive?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 02:03:42 PM »

I remember this thread from ksufans and thinking it was elite then.  Did I ask how you got there?  Fly into PV and drive?

I would hope they would have someone to pick you up from the airport in PV or Manzanillo.  They do mention on the website that they have a small charter airplane that can fly from PV to a 4,000 ft. grass landing strip.  This place sounds dreamy.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »
i got there on thursday  and left on sunday.  it is not all inclusive.  i don't know if they got upgraded or not, but my guess is that they did because they brought about 100 people with them for the wedding and it's 2 hours south of PV on the coast with no other hotel around it so you have to stay at the resort.

crap in mexico is so cheap, all inclusive shouldn't matter to you.  i sat at the bar/hut thing for 3 straight days for 15 hours a day basically and spent about $200 total.  even the wet bar was like, wtf? type of cheap.

it's a very chill place- you go there to get away, not a "hey lets go explore the world and get crazy" type of place.  i sat there, drank mezcal shots and Sol beer, and stared at the ocean the entire time.  and it looks exactly like it does in the pics, crazy nice.

you fly into Houston, connect on Contenental into PV, then hop on a 2 hour shuttle bus to the resort.  such an awesome trip, i can't wait to go again.

here's a google maps link link

it's also a good place to marlin fish if you're into that crap

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »
i forgot, the breakfast is included in the room rate, and it's a huge breakfast.  i'm a breakfast elitest and gorged on their crap every day.