Author Topic: Koenning on Cosh  (Read 4264 times)

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Koenning on Cosh
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:17:29 PM »
"It probably wasn't an easy situation for him, because he was used to calling plays and coordinating defense and whatnot," Koenning said. "Being co-coordinator, that was a unique situation and probably not the easiest.

"I have the utmost respect for (Cosh)as a person, but judging him as a football coach is not my deal. I really don't want to do that. That's coach Snyder's job."

:horrorsurprise:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
Re: Koenning on Cosh
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »
source?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:20:01 PM »
translation: God am I glad I don't have to work with that mongoloid anymore

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:28 PM »
meek in tcj

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
Great idea Meek.  I loves it

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:54 PM »
Meek, where the eff is the college podcast

:curse:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 09:32:23 PM »
Koenning really "gets" me.   :pray:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 10:28:24 PM »
Meek, where the eff is the college podcast

can't emphasize this enough.  what a dick.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 09:20:44 AM »

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 09:33:49 AM »
no one made VK leave - too bad he quit on his alma mater and LHCBS......

* Standard powerespect response
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 09:58:25 AM »
no one made VK leave - too bad he quit on his alma mater and LHCBS...... He had to think of his family first. Family is always #1

fix'd * Standard powerespect response

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »
no one made VK leave - too bad he quit on his alma mater and LHCBS...... He had to think of his family first. Family is always #1  The fact that Illinois is a Top 3 defense this year and were dead last the past season in the Big 10 and we were a Top 40 defense last season and not in the Top 100 this season is merely coincidental.  Vic is a quitter and not really a good coach worth doing whatever it takes, including backing the Brinks truck up, to keep around.

fix'd * Standard powerespect response

fix'd
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 10:35:01 AM »
Fine . . . VK is a lot like GP and does have a case of the Western Kansas Perpetual Red Ass.  So maybe he really didn't want to be there, couldn't work with Snyder (insert standard powerespect talking point here). 

But ask yourself, what part of the Chis Cosh track record told LHC Bill Snyder, "yeah, lets make him the sole DC"??   

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 10:44:11 AM »
Fine . . . VK is a lot like GP and does have a case of the Western Kansas Perpetual Red Ass.  So maybe he really didn't want to be there, couldn't work with Snyder (insert standard powerespect talking point here). 

But ask yourself, what part of the Chis Cosh track record told LHC Bill Snyder, "yeah, lets make him the sole DC"??   

Sounds to me like VK hated Cosh.

So, the question for Snyder is really, why hire Cosh in the first place when you could have made VK the sole DC from the outset with all authoritative power and full control of the defense.  And when it became evident that VK hated working with Cosh and didn't want any part of being a CO-DC with that rough ridin' ass hat, why don't you have the stones to fire Cosh, so you can free up salary to keep the only REAL coach that  matters a crap on your staff.

As a head coach, one would think this may be part of his decision making process.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:19 AM »

So, the question for Snyder is really, why hire Cosh in the first place when you could have made VK the sole DC from the outset with all authoritative power and full control of the defense.  And when it became evident that VK hated working with Cosh and didn't want any part of being a CO-DC with that rough ridin' ass hat, why don't you have the stones to fire Cosh, so you can free up salary to keep the only REAL coach that  matters a crap on your staff.

As a head coach, one would think this may be part of his decision making process.

Like we always discuss . . . Snyder doesn't fire anybody.   But we're way beyond that stuff now, these guys are getting paid $250-$300K-$350K plus a year.   It's no different now than a company canning a senior manager because his/her group is underperforming when that senior manager is pulling down a low mid to mid six figure salary and has been for a number of years.   It's not like that person is going to be living out on the streets the next day.   Same applies with BCS School assistant coaches. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »
ADJC: It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
DCCC: Why?
ADJC: 'Cause you're fuckin' fired!

[spoiler]From the movie: There's Something About Mary[/spoiler]

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »
"It probably wasn't an easy situation for him, because he was used to calling plays and coordinating defense and whatnot," Koenning said. "Being co-coordinator, that was a unique situation and probably not the easiest.

"I have the utmost respect for (Cosh)as a person, but judging him as a football coach is not my deal. I really don't want to do that. That's coach Snyder's job."

If you read between the lines here, Koenning seems to be implying that Koenning called the plays and coordinated the defense "and whatnot," so evidently Cosh didn't do much last year...which he carried over to this year, when he actually *is* responsible for all that stuff.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 05:34:57 PM »

If you read between the lines here, Koenning seems to be implying that Koenning called the plays and coordinated the defense "and whatnot," so evidently Cosh didn't do much last year...which he carried over to this year, when he actually *is* responsible for all that stuff.

Thats what I gathered.  Then again, thats what I figured going into the season anyways

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »

So, the question for Snyder is really, why hire Cosh in the first place when you could have made VK the sole DC from the outset with all authoritative power and full control of the defense.  And when it became evident that VK hated working with Cosh and didn't want any part of being a CO-DC with that effing ass hat, why don't you have the stones to fire Cosh, so you can free up salary to keep the only REAL coach that  matters a cac on your staff.

Snyds has some charity complex.....and it annoys the hell out of me.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »
If we don't fire the crap out of Mo, Chris, Del and Mike (assuming it doesn't piss Brod off) I'll be pissed.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »
If we don't fire the cac out of Mo, Chris, Del and Mike (assuming it doesn't piss Brod off) I'll be pissed.

I bet there is a WTF performance out of the D sometime this season, possibly this week, that they will all point to as a reason to keep those losers.