Author Topic: How many seats are in K-State's student section?  (Read 8300 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
How many seats are in K-State's student section?
« on: October 26, 2010, 02:34:27 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how many people are actually season ticket holders.  I'm guessing around 5,000 or so?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How many seats are in K-State's student section?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how many people are actually season ticket holders.  I'm guessing around 5,000 or so?

Closer to 6k.  The students section takes up on straight side and part of the curve going over the tunnel.  The tickets the students don't take go to single tickets or season ticket sales for the public.  I'd guess between 6-7.5 k season ticket holders.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »

Closer to 6k.  The students section takes up on straight side and part of the curve going over the tunnel.  The tickets the students don't take go to single tickets or season ticket sales for the public.  I'd guess between 6-7.5 k season ticket holders.

Thanks, doom.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 02:58:50 PM »
Now scurry on back to tardville with your talking point and talk crap.

Offline RTB

• Fan
  • Caaats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 02:59:14 PM »
The student section doesn't take up half of The Bram (approx 13k??). I would say 5,000 is closer to the answer. Maybe even a little bit under, as some of that baseline seating is for student-athletes/recruits etc.
Frank Martin- "I used to teach math in HS but didn't scream as much because nobody was keeping score."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 03:10:27 PM »
The student section doesn't take up half of The Bram (approx 13k??). I would say 5,000 is closer to the answer. Maybe even a little bit under, as some of that baseline seating is for student-athletes/recruits etc.

you're right

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
OOD used to fit 13,500 but now only 12,5000. agree with around 5,000 student seats.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 03:16:32 PM »

none, it's all bleachers
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:22:59 PM by Sugar Dick »

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 03:17:13 PM »
The student section is 6,000 seats which means there would be a little over 6,500 season ticket holders other than those.  

*per kstatesports.com, but I understand the reasoning for thinking it's about 5k now. That may be correct at this point since they probably haven't updated their page in a while and since it obviously doesn't take up half the stadium unless the chairbacks really eat up a lot more space than bleachers.

http://www.kstatesports.com/facilities/bramlage-coliseum.html
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:21:27 PM by j-vonfeldt »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
I guess I am not geting the point of this, aren't they all season ticket holders :dunno:  students do afterall pay for the seats

Offline VGibsonLives

• Fan
  • Old School Purple Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »
I guess I am not geting the point of this, aren't they all season ticket holders :dunno:  students do afterall pay for the seats

The point is Ben is looking for something to fit his "template".
"I deleted all of my threads.  You guys don't deserve them."   BMW

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 03:56:26 PM »

I read the question as BMW was trying to ascertain how many regular season tickets there were by subtracting the students.  Also when it is KU gameday the students do literally take up 1/2 of the bram.  So either those seats on the curve are normally sold as single game tickets for every game but that one or the ticket dept uses the number of students to determine how much of that section goes to students and how much goes to regular season ticket holders.   :dunno:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 04:39:59 PM »
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102210aab.html
K-State has sold over 12,000 season tickets to the general public and students, surpassing last year's total by over 750 tickets.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 05:04:22 PM »

I read the question as BMW was trying to ascertain how many regular season tickets there were by subtracting the students.  Also when it is KU gameday the students do literally take up 1/2 of the bram.  So either those seats on the curve are normally sold as single game tickets for every game but that one or the ticket dept uses the number of students to determine how much of that section goes to students and how much goes to regular season ticket holders.   :dunno:

More like 2/5 to 1/3 (2/6 for mathematically challenged)

iirc, students start/end at the end with the tarp.  cut the court in half long ways and start wrapping around the corner. then it starts/ends at approx the opposite baseline (if baseline extended into stands).  if it went all the way to the other end (where the band sits I think) it would be half, but it stops before then so it's clearly not half.  Also, the loge boxes are on the student side so that means "aint as many seats" on the student side

Also, Curry said 4,000 students in one of his speeches recently, but not sure if that's hard evidence

Wonder what propaganda BMW is cooking up???  Hopefully it makes mention of the Orange Bowl and a second round draft pick of some guy [actually drafted in the fifth round]

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
At 4,800 it's one of the largest, if not the largest in the the Big XII.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 08:04:19 PM »

More like 2/5 to 1/3 (2/6 for mathematically challenged)

iirc, students start/end at the end with the tarp.  cut the court in half long ways and start wrapping around the corner. then it starts/ends at approx the opposite baseline (if baseline extended into stands).  if it went all the way to the other end (where the band sits I think) it would be half, but it stops before then so it's clearly not half.  Also, the loge boxes are on the student side so that means "aint as many seats" on the student side

Also, Curry said 4,000 students in one of his speeches recently, but not sure if that's hard evidence

Wonder what propaganda BMW is cooking up???  Hopefully it makes mention of the Orange Bowl and a second round draft pick of some guy [actually drafted in the fifth round]

For the ku game students take up the entire straight and one curve, which is half.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »
Students never take up half the seats.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
Students never take up half the seats.

I sat on the curve for the first kstate proud game.  That would be right under half since the tunnel/band takes up a few seats.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 08:47:37 PM »

Students take up what, 18-24?  So thats 7/24 of the sections.  Accounting for some smaller sections, its roughly 1/3 of the building but more so people wise with students taking less room than the general public.  For it to be half, they would have to go all the way around 1 curve or halfway around both.  They don't.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 08:58:31 PM »

Students take up what, 18-24?  So thats 7/24 of the sections.  Accounting for some smaller sections, its roughly 1/3 of the building but more so people wise with students taking less room than the general public.  For it to be half, they would have to go all the way around 1 curve or halfway around both.  They don't.

So you're saying it's 75%?

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Quote from: Future BMWJhawk
Love how K-State fans are running their mouth about KU not selling out their season tickets.  Let's take a look at the facts:

*  Allen Fieldhouse seats 16,300, 4,000 of which are reserved to students, leaving 12,300 available for public season ticket sales.

*  Bramlage seats 12,500, with an estimated 5,000-6,000 reserved to students, leaving 6500 to 7500 for public season ticket sales.

So, even being generous to the Purps, they're actually lagging nearly 5,000 behind KU in actual public season tickets sold, as well as in football recruiting.

Once again, KU rules; K-State drools.  BMW PWNS AGAIN!1!11!11!  (BRB, guys, gotta go delete my goEMAW account.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:16:47 PM by slimz »

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 09:18:27 PM »
Quote from: Future BMWJhawk
Love how K-State fans are running their mouth about KU not selling out their season tickets.  Let's take a look at the facts:

*  Allen Fieldhouse seats 16,300, 4,000 of which are reserved to students, leaving 12,300 available for public season ticket sales.

*  Bramlage seats 12,500, with an estimated 5,000-6,000 reserved to students, leaving 6500 to 7500 for public season ticket sales.

So, even being generous to the Purps, they're actually lagging nearly 5,000 behind KU in actual public season tickets sold, as well as in football recruiting.

Once again, KU rules; K-State drools.  BMW PWNS AGAIN!1!11!11!  (BRB, guys, gotta go delete my goEMAW account.)

lol

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 09:28:38 PM »
BMW's right.  ku should reduce seating down to 12,300.  Maybe clean up the rats and piss during the overhaul.

Also,

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »

So you're saying it's 75%?

I'm saying you're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if you think its half of Bram

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 09:37:04 PM »
I'm saying you're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if you think its half of Bram

Doom's weird with seating configurations.  You should see his basement (mancave).